Thread: is this ok?

Me

is this ok?

I have dealt with feelings my entire life that I was born the wrong sex. I recently came out to my wife that I want to live as a woman. She has been extremely understanding and supportive. I want to live as a woman, but I don't want to change my body, not right now anyway. Does this make me a tg? Or am I just a cd? Is it ok for me to not wanna make changes?

My destiny is before me Brandi Wyne's Avatar
    Are you and your SO happy with things the way they are? If so, then why would you wnant to change it? If not, then talk about it and make the adjustments necessary. Perhaps you are into the TG stage of your journey more than CD. I am the CD who lives the male role most of the time and crossdresses when I can. However, I do feel that I am much closer to my femme self than ever before, so it doesn't take away anything if your life includes male and female roles and not exclusively female.

Good luck, Dear.
    [SIZE="3"]Brandi[/SIZE]
    Love life and find happiness where you can.

It makes you a candiate for life honey. time to get some answers. Carol

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Hi Ver0nic@,

I would say that you are definitely transgendered, because you realise that your anatomical sex and your true gender are not one and the same thing.

What makes you a cross dresser IMNSHO is whether you like to wear clothes that are traditionally regarded as those of the opposite gender to your anatomical sex (in our case, women's clothes).

It's totally OK not to want to change your body at this stage - only you can decide whether that would be right for you although I'm sure Bethany will support you to make the right decision.

I also want you to know that you are a valued member of our family.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Me
    Thank you. Bethany loves me for who I am, I'm truly lucky to have her. Thank you for accepting me.

<3

I love you! Cam told me today that I'm kinda butch-ish... No wonder we're a match! =P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]These are my new favorite shoes and yes, I wear them with sparkely tights and pink skirts!

Once you started thinking that you wanted to be a girl you becam TG. Now it is only when you start your trans.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

feel free to be yourself thats what this site is all about I enjoy most of the people here they are so down to earth and accepting. Welcome Morgan

Take a deep breath and relax. There's no need to do everything at once. There's no need to do anything at all, really. Just do what makes you happy and forget the rest. Lots of people are non-op transgendered, and that's fine.

The labels are fairly flexible. Pick one that brings you dignity, I say

Quote Originally Posted by Anne66 View Post
    Take a deep breath and relax. There's no need to do everything at once. There's no need to do anything at all, really. Just do what makes you happy and forget the rest. Lots of people are non-op transgendered, and that's fine.

I agree Anne.

Veronica, therapy has helped me to understand that i am TG also. I would love to start transition, and at my age i don't know if i would go through with full SRS.

Transgenderist comes to mind. look it up.

i think like a woman, act like a woman, unless i am amongst men and have to overcompinsate so as to not be found out. i love seeing myself as that woman, get depressed when i am in female mode but dressed in drab....and i pass a mirror, and the wrong person is looking back. So i know who i am...but changing my body is not in the cards...at least not yet.

I think you are TG also, but i am not a therapist...you should get counselled by a profesional.

I crossdress to better see the person that i feel inside. i believe that when the crossdressing is more than a fetish or sexual stimulant... i believe you are in the next stage of your journey.

may you always move to a good place, and may you always have the support of your inner circle.

hugs

msniki48

Quote Originally Posted by ver0n1c@ View Post
    I have dealt with feelings my entire life that I was born the wrong sex. I recently came out to my wife that I want to live as a woman. She has been extremely understanding and supportive. I want to live as a woman, but I don't want to change my body, not right now anyway. Does this make me a tg? Or am I just a cd? Is it ok for me to not wanna make changes?
    It's cool to not want to make changes.

One of the smartest things I ever heard in this forum is this: Whether you choose to transition or to continue to live as a male - either decision takes a LOT of bravery. Transitioning is HARD. Living the lie is HARD too.

The point is this: Those who choose to transition are not "better" or "more trans-whatever" than those who do not - they just have different life circumstances. Feel free to be who you are and to be respected for that. It IS OK.

The way you figure out exactly where you belong on the gender spectrum, and weather transitioning is even right for you or not, is to experiment. Do some things that are low/no consequence, some things that are not permanent, and see how it feels. If you can be satisfied without having to do a lot of work or spend a lot of money - Yahtzee! Maybe all you need to be happy is to wear something frilly around the house. Maybe you will be happy if you are out to your friends and they understand this part of your identity. Maybe you will want to get laser done. Maybe you will want to try hormones. Maybe you will feel content with an orchi. Maybe you will have to do everything you can to be as female as possible, including full SRS/FFS/Laser/Electro/hormones/whatever else. But you won't know until you start down the path and discover what works for you, and what is unnecessary.

You don't have to buy the combo package and decide up front that you are going to do EVERYTHING all at once, or even put together a schedule and a plan. Experiment and find out what is right for you.
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it." — Marilyn Monroe