Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why do we take pictures?

Jamie,
    there seems to be a common thread...another view of myself closer to what someone else sees, also for me, it is that friendly reminder, that niki exists...especially when i can't see her. i have many times opened my little pink picture book....go through the pics, and sigh.

and i agree with your odds: only 40 to 50 pics in 4 hours....tsk tsk tsk.

hugs

msniki48

I take pics to check myself to see what details I missed or forgot to take care of.
    I guess I really do not trust the mirror. I also use pictures to see what outfits worked in the past and which didn't look as good as I thought they did. AND, of course, as a reminder of the woman I am determined to become the me the world sees.
    Tess

memories,,,

The first time I saw my legs in heels and a mini skirt I was astounded. I had to take the pictures, just so I would not forget how marvelous an experience it was. The next time when I had a makeover, i was just so please with the look that I wanted to document the event.
    I do think I look prettier as a girl and love the experiences. The pictures help keep the momentum.

Kerrie

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Denise Rhodes View Post
    Self critiquing mostly.
    Same here, I also use pictures as a means to judge how my look and appearance has either improved or gotten worse at times.

Also being that I currently do not make live apperances anywhere, as a means to showing my friends who I am.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

For me, dressing up is very visual. I spend my entire time posing and taking pictures. I only get to dress about once a month usually and by having lots of pictures i can work on them the rest of the month and improve them. I have often wondered if I would stillwant to dress if ZI coulnot take pictures. Probaly so but it would not be as much fun, for sure.
    [SIZE="4"]Mary Jane[/SIZE]

May those that love us, love us. Those that don't love
    us may God turn their hearts. And if he can't turn their
    hearts, may he turn their ankles, so we'll know them by their limping.

[SIZE=4]I have taken literally hundreds of thousand of pictures, 95% of which will never be seen by anyone else. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]After the pink fog has thoroughly lifted I go back and study each picture. I fix what I think is wrong with my look and evaluate it with the next set of pictures.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Also, it is great to see progress in your dressing skills over time and to re-live favorite looks.[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

Quote Originally Posted by cindychan View Post
    Cuz we are all Supermodels silly
    Of course, this phenomenon only occures when I forget to cut the eye holes in my brown bag I have to put over my head to avoid nausia!!!

MissyAnn

I take pictures of myself to see if my overall appearance has gotten better or worse. Over the course of the last year I have seen a big improvement in my makeup.

Ellen

I guess that I take pictures because it is the safest way I know of to be seen by many people. In that regard, it gives me a certain feeling of acceptance and validation.
    TG is who I am; CD is something I do.

My CD Blog Site

In the beginning before digital, I never did. After digital it was a great way to get immediate feedback and after joining a forum, it was fun to see other CDers and I felt guilty not sharing so I did. Now I also keep some images because it is fun to look back at them from time to time.

because is fun and the pictures most ofthe time dont lie

Because my SO tells me that I'm ugly en femme

Just for general purpose, my SO likes to remind me that I make an ugly woman. It hurts because the femme side is a part of me just like the guy side. I take pictures in order to see what she sees that makes me so fugly to her. I post pix here to gather feedback and constructive criticism. I keep thousands of pics on flicker, and that collection is like a photo journal of my CDing.

I like going out because I like the positive reaction that I typically get from both men and women. "Passing" is never the goal--I don't even know what it means. Presenting myself as someone who has made an effort to look their best is what I'm after.

It's just something most girls do. I heard a known fashion photographer say that it was surely in the genes. Also told a story where a comedian just had a lens with no camera attached. And sure enough, without exceptions this was enough to bring fourth the pose with girls.

So I guess it's just the way it is.

I agree Supermodels thats it
    Good bye i'm at wacko taco .com now

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    I agree with a lot of what the girls have been saying
    i take pics because I love to see how I look in my nicest outfits,and a lot of vanity is involved too

Its also nice to look back at your progression,and how far you have come,and maybe in your Dotage you can finally look back and say "hey,I didn't look half bad

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    I have to say Jillian,and I mean no disrespect your SO,but I have to disagree,I think you make a lovely Woman

sophie xx

Because Margaret is a vain old cow. I don't like being photographed normally, but I like the way I look as Margaret, as it reflects my personality more.

To remember

I was just looking at the picture gallery & it hit me. OW!

I take pictures to remember what I look like because I can not be Kim all the time and therefore I don't remember what I look like.

Plus I love the compliments I get here.

Hugs
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

I am a professional Photographer.

My picture taking of myself started when a pair of my models said "He papa/Daddy you need to know what it's like to be in front of the lens'.

So they took me into my bedroom, Went through my model wardrobes that is also where my wardrobe is hidden (in plain sight). Up till then, they did not realize that I cross-dressed and that that section of clothes and shoes were "MY" clothes.

Then they painted my toenails and applied false fingernails (claws). Then had me put on some underwear they thought I might fit into (of course they did, they were from my underwear drawer.
    At the time, I was using 'B' cup inserts. I had two sets. The girls put in both sets, one in front of the other.
    They did evening/clubbing makeup, dress, shoes, and wig. Then they had me step in front of the studio lights and camera. (sorry folks, you don't get to see the photos)

Now I take photos of myself about ever 3 months or when I find a fetching outfit.
    These photos keep helping me refine my look. Got to get a video and work on live action presentations of myself.
    Last edited by Leslie Mary S; 02-01-2010 at 10:08 PM.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

We all have our dreams... AmiFL's Avatar

because we can

I cannot dress for real right now.... to many complications in my life. But thanks to the internet I can be the gurl I wish I could be.

I love to see myself in pictures and apparently so do some of the other guests who visit my albums ....... and it feels nice to be seen and noticed.

Check out www.faceinhole.com for the body and www.taaz.com for the makeup and hair.

Look what it did for me.....................

Totally! Guilty as charged! I take TONS of pics... lol.

Platinum Member

:45 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by diane51 View Post
    I have often wondered why I take so many pictures too. Aside from something creative to do while dressed I like to have them on hand for the times I can't dress. I'll take prehaps 45 pics in a 4 hour span. Then I'll delete the not so good ones and crop the ones I'll keep and delete somemore. I'll end up with close to 10 keepers. I do like to compare recent photos from past ones trying subtle changes in makeup and dress, skirt styles and hair. The camera makes it more fun.
    45 in 4:hrs ?
    Sometimes when I'm out railfanning I can take that many
    in two minutes.

Orchid

because we want to make sure we leave enough evidence for whomever finds it to be able to blackmail us...lol

Cathytg, I agree

Acceptance & validation.

When someone experiences a tragic event, such as an accident, trauma, etc, an important part of the healing process is "ruminating" or "retelling" the story repeatedly. It is the way our mind "heals itself" by slowly accepting what actually happened.

The picture taking is a similar issue. It is just spread out over time instead of all happening in an instant, like the accident. Most of this is an unconscious process, that just appears to be just primping and perfecting practice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well I can only tell you that I want to see for my self what I look like. I want to be the best I can be. I can't do that in the mirror. I have a wonderful photographer that posses me in the most feminin ways and i really like that she is very Trans friendly and even does my makeup for me for special occassion. If you are ever in the pacific Northwest you should check out Suzamarie.com. She is the best.

Banned Read only
    I have a huge catalog of pics of myself dressed up. It's definitely sexual for me. Love to see different outfits and how they look with black stockings, nude stockings, and so on...