Thread: Public Perception

Untitled

Public Perception

This post highlighted a link to a BBC programme about the lives of three transvestites and their wives/partners.

When you click the link and have the opportunity to view the programme, you also have the opportunity to view other videos.

What a contrast they are to the BBC video. Small wonder then why Joe Public has this perception about the transgender community. The BBC are a well respected organisation but against the mass of "other material" out there, theirs is a lost voice.
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

Quote Originally Posted by Nigella View Post
    This post BBC are a well respected organisation but [SIZE="3"]against the mass of "other material" out there, theirs is a lost voice[/SIZE].
    unfortunately Nigella, "the other material" out there comes a lot of the time from members within the community, not from all of them but from a vocal/visual portion of the community ............. unfortunately the "caring, decent" members of our community are heard less because they speak with quiet rational voices, while the remainder are very visual (sometimes over visually), loud and leaning more to "Drag Queen" image, "BOLD, BRIGHT AND VOCAL" Like peackocks, while the pea hens are quieter, more demure and much less bold, bright and vocal
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

Aspiring Member
    The funny thing is - its not a BBC programme, but made by and for Sky Television.

(Rachel on the programme is now TS)

This was one of the better programs that has been made
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah_UK View Post
    The funny thing is - its not a BBC programme, but made by and for Sky Television.
    True...its not a BBC programme, but it was re-broadcast by the BBC via their commercial arm.
    Tasha,
    Essex