Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A lil bit frustrated...

Am I crazy, or what? No you are not crazy family just dont listen. I hirt my back may years ago and my family still want me to fix there car.

I just say I cant every time.

Hugs

New Oldbie
    I've worked in the mechanical field all my life and now that my back is shot, I have a good excuse not to help anyone move furniture etc anymore.....except for my wife can't seem to firgure it out that every time I move something for her, she has to work on my back for the next week or so! Seems to be a never ending battle. About the only other way I know to get away from that sort of thing is to, well, get away from them far enough that's it's not convenient. Moving 50 miles did it for me years back.
    The headlights blinded me!

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    Doing something you never wanted to do in order to fit in is pure suck in guy mode. I can't imagine having to do those things after transistion.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda666 View Post
    Right?!? That old argument I've heard here many times, and it's kind of misleading when you think about it, because once "out" , IMO, people will begin to do things nobody knew they were into, seemingly changing more than just appearance.For example : Husband comes out to wife as TG,CD,TS,Muppet, whatever, and tells her "I'm still the same person!!!" Yet since hubby is no longer harboring secrets, he begins to openly do things he once thought impossible, such as dressing in front of the wife, pushing the envelope more and more until one day the wife wonders where the hell is the man she married. I know this story is familiar to us all.
    OMG I feel like I am sitting on top of a mountain, talking with a guru, drinking bad tea and freezing my tush off because you just made a lightbulb turn on. I have been telling my loved ones that I am the same person no matter what. That isn't right. I am not. You are the sum of your actions and I have always based my actions off the need to please society and others. If I stop taking those actions I will not longer be the same person. Wow I need a nap!
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneBender View Post
    Wow I need a nap!
    Aw, Suzanne, you're adorable.

Minus the triple six.. :)
    Doing something you never wanted to do in order to fit in is pure suck in guy mode. I can't imagine having to do those things after transistion.

OMG I feel like I am sitting on top of a mountain, talking with a guru, drinking bad tea and freezing my tush off because you just made a lightbulb turn on. I have been telling my loved ones that I am the same person no matter what. That isn't right. I am not. You are the sum of your actions and I have always based my actions off the need to please society and others. If I stop taking those actions I will not longer be the same person. Wow I need a nap!

I am sorry for enlightening you, my child....sometimes ignorance IS bliss!! Lol!!

I got called on this very point by a friend of mine that I told over and over last year how I'm the same person....he pointed out his list of changes and i couldn't disagree...heh

BTW...Amanda...maybe you can consider time as the solution to your dilemna...I wouldnt be surprised if your attitudes regarding your past life change over time.,..

and you have the right to act on how you feel at all those times as you continue to change ...it may confuse some folks, but I'm pretty sure we all confuse everybody anyway

I try to remember that as long as people are trying to support me then I need to support them back and so far that has worked out very well for me..your actions over time will disavow the notion that you want to spend your free time working on all the stuff...and if people still don't get it, well...then they probably never will and its time to let'em have it...

as an aside, i find myself kind of wanting to go back to old faithful activities...i LOVE LOVE video games or I should say LOVED, they were a place to hide....i have all these games that i used to play, and i sit there and i stare at them and I think I want to play them, i really want to want to play them...but they are sooo boring ....it's like seeing this wonderful warm cozy blanket and i get in and it disappears...so I'm doing to myself a bit of what they are doing to you!!! How strange...makes me think of one of my fave songs..

"You do it to yourself, and that's why it really hurts
    You do it to yourself, you and no one else"
    Just - Radiohead

Minus the triple six.. :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitlyn Michele View Post
    BTW...Amanda...maybe you can consider time as the solution to your dilemna...I wouldnt be surprised if your attitudes regarding your past life change over time.,..

Yes, I agree. I forgot to mention that it has been less than a year since I came out. I keep having to remind myself that they are still going to be adjusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitlyn Michele View Post
    as an aside, i find myself kind of wanting to go back to old faithful activities...i LOVE LOVE video games or I should say LOVED, they were a place to hide....i have all these games that i used to play, and i sit there and i stare at them and I think I want to play them, i really want to want to play them...but they are sooo boring ....

Again, me too! Video games were always my escape from reality (and a green plant...), and now I wish all of the money spent on consoles, controllers, accessories and games could have been better used...although, it is fun going back to a few games where you can choose a female, and try it the way I always wanted. I was so in the closet in the past that I wouldn't even choose a female character in a game! I just re-started Mass Effect, this time as a female...but I'm still having a hard time getting into it...

Totally get it

I can totally get not wanting to have to do things you don't want to do- we all get stuck with that and I by and large in the areas of cars, computers, taxes, borrowing money, woodworking, sewing- a long list actually just had to say NO! It's perfectly reasonable to set boundaries and expect others to respect them.

One of the beneies I think TG/TS bring to the social table is a way deeper understanding of gender roles and differences than any other member of society. Most women I encounter don't have "you do it girl" role models- someone who lets them know it's all right to understand mechanical things or work on their own equipment. Sure, some women are forced into this situation in the retail environment but there's a huge set of social forces working against women having control over the machines and technology in their lives. Maybe there's another woman in your family circle who's expressed interest and would be interested in you passing on your talent and knowledge?

Let me join in the chorus and say there's nothing, nothing hotter than a woman who understands equipment and the technological world around them. Fe from Burn Notice is another entertainment world character type that comes to mind. My daughter is great at helping with mechanical things and I'm really glad; she's gotten lots of dates and attention out of it

Gold Member
    Well, our families and life long friends knew us as males for the longest time so yeah it is probably hard for them to shake that. I mean even the most passable, assimilated TS probably goes thru that.

Now about working on cars, I can do that too, no expert but know my fair share, enough to know that it sucks haveing to do it.

Working on cars is depressing regardless of gender status. "Well when I first start it, it makes a funny noise and if I go 22 MPH while the turn signal is on and the radio tuned to 93.7 while going northeast, antifreeze leaks from the antenna..." Yeah buddy I will jump RIGHT no it ti figure THAT shit out...

Being treated like some guy sucks though, I know that too
    Last edited by Nicole Erin; 02-04-2010 at 11:56 PM.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.