Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What tunes get your femme side really going?

Feminine music

[SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"][/SIZE]
    There are two female singer that make feel "O" SO feminine when I'm dressed and relaxed. Celine Dion for her love songs which I join in and sing along with and for the sexiness of Donna Summers music.
    Im in seven heaven when I play either of them.

Love Joanne

sure you can
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

The Stones It's only Rock & Roll But I like it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Humm. let's see. Who could possibly get me feeling femme and all that wonderful stuff. I think there's this country and pop singer gal. She had a well respected music producer husband who produced the likes of Def Leppard, AC/DC, The Cars and a few others. Anyway, the idiot cheated on her with her best friend (who is like a 6 when this gal's a 25!). Anyway, the cheating heart broke up both marriages and the irony is the husband of the cheating best friend and the singer have become an item themselves. Anyway, look to the left at my avatar in case you haven't figured it out yet. In a nutshell Shania Twain is my reference standard to female beauty, behavior and fashion. She simply rocks. My favorite song is from her "Up" album. It's "I'm Gonna Get You". BUt. all her songs, in one way or the other touch my soul. Her voice and person just resonate with me.
    [SIZE="3"]Terri[/SIZE]
    ------------------------------------------
    [SIZE="2"]"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, The master calls a butterfly!"[/SIZE]

The true measure of a person is in the questions they ask, not the answers they give.

Playboy girl at heart Bunny Girl Zoe's Avatar
    Shania Twain's Man I Feel Like A Woman.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabimartini
    What tunes get your femme side really going?
    I'm in a bit of a retro mood. Listening to Duran Duran right now.
    [SIZE="2"]I don’t really need to get my “femme” side going – it’s always going, or charging when I sleep. I’m like a Klein bottle – there is only one side (that’s for all you topology fans). The songs I listen to defy description (lyrically), but the music pulls me one way or another, depending on how emotional I may be…
    BTW, why listen to Duran Duran* when you can listen to Japan or David Sylvian, the stylistic starting point for Simon Le Bon and his New Romantic ilk? You can look it up. I prefer Mr. Sylvian, thank you, but I prefer art to artlessness hands down…
    *A much better alliterative group, from the same era, is Talk Talk. I know, to each his (or her) own, but I'm here to educate...[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Erin
    Am I the only TG in the world who hates songs that make reference to TG?
    [SIZE="2"]No, I feel the same way. I avoid overt TG references in songs, since I don’t need any “help” getting in touch with feelings that are already in place and functioning…[/SIZE]

bron
    A tune by Nick Kershaw...."wouldn't it be good". I can play that for 2 hours non stop......just over and over.....

Quote Originally Posted by Frédérique View Post
    [SIZE="2"]BTW, why listen to Duran Duran* when you can listen to Japan or David Sylvian, the stylistic starting point for Simon Le Bon and his New Romantic ilk? You can look it up. I prefer Mr. Sylvian, thank you, but I prefer art to artlessness hands down…
    *A much better alliterative group, from the same era, is Talk Talk. I know, to each his (or her) own, but I'm here to educate...[/SIZE]
    Hi Frédérique, I'll look it up! Thanks!

I don't want to over think this one, so I'm going with the song that immediately came to mind - "How do I Live" - LeAnn Rimes

For some reasons the songs which really speak to me, have nothing to do with tg stuff. But that's still allowed right?
    Always Attract by Youmeatsix
    Letting the cables sleep by Bush
    Children of divorce by Jonny Craig
    Lemon meringue tie by Dance Gavin Dance

Odd mix,,,but i like them!
    x flic x

Well, it's been a while since I fully dressed, but I imagine depending upon the mood, it could range anywhere from dance/electronica, rock, or oldies. But! When I do dress fully next time, I plan to start it off with the opening song from "To Wong Foo":"Body Beautiful". ;-)

Is it wrong to say that my femme and my man side both love the same music? Metallica, Godsmack, AC/DC, other assorted heavy metal and hard rock artists. But I also respect the classics, The Beatles, Simon and Garfunkel, etc.

Never forget to dream Raquelle C's Avatar
    Britney Spears, hahahah! I normally don't like her otherwise...
    ~ Kellie

Visit us at www.sixandthecity.net Pics, Events, Blogs and just lots of girly fun!

"It takes a REALLY big man to fill my shoes"
    -Madonna

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    Defying Gravity from Wicked the Kristin Chenoweth version. The lyrics speak to me. I think its time to start defying gravity. "Im through with playing by the rules of someone elses game, too late for second guessing, too late to go back to sleep, its time to trust my instincts, close my eyes and leap. "
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

Definitely Shania Twain or Britney Spears. There are others but those are my standards.

Well, nothing came to mind at first, until i read HappyWife42's post about Heart - it took me back to another time. I used to love to play Fleetwood Mac's Rumors & float into a special place. The same with Heart - those were the days!

Thanks for pennies, HappyWife42! Now i've gotta go dig around through a stack of old CDs & find that Fleetwood Mac CD! My wife's gonna wonder what i'm up to this time!

Anything by Missing Persons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Don't get clever old man! Now take us to dress barn!

Gurly Gurl side. Stevie Nicks, Blondie, Pat Benatar, the go go's
    Abba, Lady ga Ga. THE DOLLY ROTS!!!!!!!!!

Tiffany Amber Rhoads

You belong with me makes me wanna dance around like Taylor Swift in the video. Heart's dog and butterfly is my favorite song to take a bath and shave my legs to. And Mandy Moore <3
    A transwoman trapped in a crossdressers body

Tonite I'm listening to Hotel Costes... such great tunes!!

"Man, I Feel Like a Woman" & "Big Girls Don't Cry" and then throw in some Sarah McLachlan.

Aspiring To Become Woman Michelle-Leigh's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]Girly Ones - by female vocalists such as Cyndi Lauper, etc ! Michelle-Leigh just loves Joan Jett's cover of "Crimson And Clover"....[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Best Regards,
    Michelle-Leigh
    "We are now operating at a femininity level of 98% and rising...."
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

50's Housewife Wannabe Madilyn A.'s Avatar
    Shania Twain's "Man, I feel like a Woman".........Madilyn
    Believe in the impossible dream, dreams do come true !!!

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

I'm loving some sexy new girl-pop right now:

Britney's 3 and Ke$ha's Your Love is my Drug. Yum!

Quote Originally Posted by rachelgirlnw View Post
    I'm loving some sexy new girl-pop right now:

Britney's 3 and Ke$ha's Your Love is my Drug. Yum!
    I have to agree!!
    I guess maybe because they are what girls my age are likely listening to. May not be the greatest songs, but def make my girl side really going. Oh and this one is kind of silly, but is all on the radio & stuck in my head, miley party in the usa, ha!