Thread: Transition time?

Aspiring Member

Transition time?

A thought crossed my mind today, as I was thinking towards my future of getting on HRT soon. A question out of curiosity for those that have transitioned. From the time you started on HRT, how long was it before you came out to family, friends and work? I know this will vary for each of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Starla Dyan View Post
    A thought crossed my mind today, as I was thinking towards my future of getting on HRT soon. A question out of curiosity for those that have transitioned. From the time you started on HRT, how long was it before you came out to family, friends and work? I know this will vary for each of us.
    3 months for friends, and 6 for family.

I came out to my family and work a couple of months before starting HRT. I didnt really know how to tell my family so i let on with hints, ears pierced, hair growing long, waxing eyebrows, waxing legs, fingernail polish, spray tans . Although i believe they thought I was gay . They could also see i was unhappy and they did worry about my state of mind. When they finally found out, i explained how long i had repressed it - they gave me their support. I let them know i was on hormones about 3 weeks into it.

Work was easy, I started off saying I cross dress at parties, then i explained about transgender and my need to transition later on. The one manager i told passed it on to all the other staff. No trouble at all.
    Last edited by Felicity71; 02-02-2010 at 12:09 AM.

Psyco Roller Derby Doll. Katesback's Avatar
    Hormones began May 15, 2007

Told parents July 07

SRS, BA, lipo June 20, 2008

FFS, Nov 27, 2009

Never did I go to a therapist. I have only been to a doctor twice since May 07 (not counting SRS and FFS). Both times at the doc I got my long term perscriptions for hormones and they did blood work. All was well.

I am not suggesting my approach but at the same time I am no fan of the red tape. Come to think of it who created the red tape?

People sometimes ask me how you get all the stuff taken care of without going through the red tape. I will not give away too many secrets but..........a name that matches the presentation is VERY important. Also a female presentation is important. If a guy walks into the doctors office and asks for hormones he gets sent to the therapist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Katie
    Last edited by Katesback; 02-02-2010 at 08:09 AM.

GypsyKaren
    I started coming out in Febuary 2005, started hormones January 2007, had SRS October 2007.

Karen

Aspiring Member
    I've been full time for a month now, but haven't started on hormones yet (going for the blood tests next Monday )

Hi.
    Just over 11 years ago I told Jos ..( s o ) i was / am a woman . 5 years after told our 3 children & grand kids some friends . i year after on h r t . 2 years later had my s r s . & just before that told every one friends , work . & then after i came back from phuket on our two T V stations. in the papers & the net . so no were to hide now .

...noeleena...

Silver Member
    Pretty much right away.

I told my mom first, then my sister....then I started hormones, and over the next 6 months I told everybody on my own pace, basically as I felt comfortable...my dad was last...and it was actually a breathtakingly wonderful moment...

Untitled
    Full time Jan 2005

Still waiting for hormones On the road though.
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

Just an average girl Carole Cross's Avatar
    I came out to my parents and family in March last year. I will come out at work by the end of this week, prior to going full time in April. I am not on hormones yet, will probably start late summer.
    living the dream

I started hair removal Aug 08, Starting to see a therapist Nov 08, Started hormones Dec 08, Begin tell people Jan 09, Started electrolysis Feb 09, FFs in Mar 09, SRS Nov 09, And more FFs in Dec 09. Once I started transitioning it was so right I just could not get it done faster

Woman and loving it Jennifer Marie P.'s Avatar
    Everyone knew already that I wanted to transition and then started taking hormones and know that Im full time and just legally changed my name.