Thread: The Doctor's Office, a Pregnancy Test and an Ultrasound Exam...

is telling the truth...

Thumbs down The Office

i give up.
    Last edited by emsychan; 02-03-2010 at 12:17 PM.

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    Interesting story. I work in a hospital lab and do pregnancy tests all the time.

I always have a good source of urine although I could just use the positive pregnancy controls.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

good story I am surprised she didn't investigate more
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

is telling the truth...
    Quote Originally Posted by StaceyJane View Post
    I always have a good source of urine although I could just use the positive pregnancy controls.
    Positive pregnancy controls? I've actually been looking for this. Is it some sort of recombinant B-HCG or it's actually a urine sample from a pregnant source?

How nice of you to waste the doctors time, when someone could have used that appointment instead.... I just hope there wasn't a woman having a real baby waiting outside in pain, because you thought that was a good idea, infact, you were rather selfish!
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 02-03-2010 at 10:21 AM.
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Sounds like a fairy tale to me.

And Tams right someone in real need to see a GP could have used that appointment.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Smile

test i do not need a test. just look at my belly.

trying to lose a couple pounds.

is this not putting stress on a medical system already under pressure?

not sure I support somethign like this

silk

Wow... I am just speechless. Do you have any idea how much it costs to do an ultrasound? You wasted both their time and money and you should get charged completely for the entire doctor's visit.
    "I can't control my destiny. I trust my soul, my only goal is just to be."

When someone who just joined here posts a story like that my BS radar goes off big time. And even if it is true I don't buy the "trying to pass" explanation.

Oh and please tell us how you got the referral letter in the first place, that should be a good one!
    Last edited by Jenny Beth; 02-03-2010 at 10:52 AM.
    You don't have to have been born female to enjoy being a girl

Not our fault you seem to be full of it is it? I don't really give a crap what kind of health care system you have, you took advantage of it, you took up another appointment that could have been used for a real pregnant woman.. imho.. you're an idiot.
    Administrator

Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Quote Originally Posted by emsychan View Post
    Being a healthcare provider myself, I know what I'm talking about.
    Ok, so since you are a healthcare provider you should already know that in a ultrasound they would be able to tell that you are NOT pregnant let alone female! they can tell by a ultrasound the DIFFERENCE in a male and female parts! So before you go on trying to cover your story up and make more LIES, get your facts straight and then why don't you go to someone that gives a rats a$$!
    [SIZE="3"]~Beautiful but Deadly~[/SIZE]

In the closet - for now. Shadeauxmarie's Avatar
    Judge not, lest ye be judged.

How is it we get to grade people's wrongs? If you run a red light or speed, you broke the law. No laws were broken here.

This is not something I personally would do, but I don't see any particular harm done. I mean, no one got physically, mentally or emotionally harmed.

Nevertheless, judging by the reactions on here, I would not spread the word of this expoilt around.
    May you live long and prosper.
    Infinite diversity in infinite combinations.
    "Smiling makes my face ache." F. N. Furter

It never ceases to amaze me the lengths that some will go to!

Minus the triple six.. :)
    Hey, everyone calm down, just because some of us may disagree with the morality of this, I bet we all have done something that others would think was wrong. No need to drive her away from the site after a mere 10 or so posts. I remember making some pretty inflammatory statements in my day on this very site. We all have room to grow, and I don't think she came here to start trouble, or for people to jump down her throat for something pretty trivial.

I was kind of nutty that way once but even I never went that far. I'm trying to figure out the point and purpose of the whole thing other than a colossal waste of a Doctor's time and waste of money. As was pointed out it took time from someone who actually needed it.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

[quote=Shadeauxmarie;2029701]

No laws were broken here.

quote]

Maybe not but when someone posts controversial or very doubtful topics they should be prepared to take what comes. No of us were born yesterday and stuff like this is an insult to ones inteligence. I could have ignored this one but I felt I had to call it. Besides, why would someone do this just to see if they pass? Draw your own conclusions.
    You don't have to have been born female to enjoy being a girl

Im sorry but you did what?

Im a staff nurse in an A&E dept.
    If I had a quid for every beta-HCG Ive done Id be rich!
    Standard medical testing at your local practice should include a blood test of urea and electrolytes and a full blood count to accurately, 100% confirm pregnancy.

My own BS radar just woke up too.

If I found ANYONE was trying to waste my time and energy where Im trying to contribute towards saving lives, I would be ****ing furious.

Youre either a liar or an ass.

Im sorry for being so outspoken on the matter, but I feel strongly about this stuff as I love my job.
    I don't mean to offend, but I needed to give my
    Samantha -x-

You are either very arrogant, ignorant, or both. At the very minimum, you obtained medical services under fraudulent pretenses. You wasted a medical professionals time for no apparent reason than to stoke your own ego. That doctor you played your silly little game with could have been helping another patient who had real need of her services, or reviewing another patients chart or test results and utilizing the skills she studied long and hard to acquire for the purpose they were intended and not fulfilling some youngster's fantasy.

You obtained a pregnant woman's urine sample under what I can only assume to be less than candidly honest circumstances... or did you pay some pregnant woman for that as well.

Do you always do things just to see if you can get away with it? How sad, How immature. What's next... a bank robbery? Of course, that's assuming this "story" is true. Try posting this on one of the many fiction sites out there. You might get a better review.

It's stuff like this that gets out there in the public that give the general public a negative view of transgenderism and feeds the notion that members of this community are selfish, egotistical, self-centered, narcissistic persons. You hurt a lot more people than you think.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Minus the triple six.. :)
    Put down the pitch forks!!! Put out the torches!!! I think you guys scared her away already.

There are no morality issues to this, as its not possible it happened. Having done ultrasounds on pregnant women, in the Navy, I can tell you first off, it would be obvious you were male, and secondly they wouldn't have bothered with an ultrasound that early on anyway. In your story you say "your worried because your menses was late" well that means the gestational period would be to early for a good ultrasound. Not possible. Had this story been true, it would be disgraceful for a "health-care worker" to take up a Dr's time with this nonsense.

Source:
    Formy Navy Hospital Corpsman with OB experience,
    Current "Health-care worker"
    current RN student

Well seeing as you've deleted the OP content, there is no reason for this thread to stay open. Just incase any of you are wondering what the fuss was all about....

Quote Originally Posted by emsychan
    OK... I have no photos of this, although I still have the doctor's referral letter. The last time I told this story, somebody mentioned something in the lines of 'liars burn in hell' and I can see how some people might look at it that way. But I did this just to see how far I could pass... So, here goes:

The plan: To see if I could pass as a lady in early pregnancy

The equipment: A urine sample from a pregnant lady (don't ask me how I got it )

I went to the general practitioner's office en femme. Since this was a 'locum' clinic, they weren't very strict on identification, so they accepted my 'photocopied-ID-because-I'm-scared-to-carry-around-my-original-ID'. This 'photocopied-ID' was actually 'photoshopped' with my female name on it.

I asked to see a female doctor 'because I was shy' and got to see one. I went into the office and told her that I had a bit of pain in my lower abdomen and that my menses were late. She then asked me to give her a urine sample to do the urine pregnancy test.

In the privacy of the loo, I filled up the specimen bottle with the pregnant lady's urine I secretly brought along and trotted back to the exam room. The doctor dipped in the pregnancy test and lo-and-behold, it was positive!

She then asked me to lay down on the exam couch, lifted my blouse and started feeling my abdomen. After awhile, she said she wanted to do an ultrasound scan to see 'my baby'.

She pulled down the front of my panties a bit, and lined it with a paper towel. Then, she put some gel onto the ultrasound probe and ran it over where my 'uterus' should be. She got a bit confused because she couldn't find my uterus , pointed at something on the screen and said that sometimes the fetus can't be seen in early pregnancy.

She helped me wipe the residual gel off and her diagnosis was suspected ectopic pregnancy, because my pregnancy test was positive and she couldn't confirm the pregnancy by ultrasound. She wrote a letter referring me to the nearest obstetric hospital (which I didn't go, btw).

So that's the story of how I managed to pass as a pregnant lady. Just thought I'd share it with you. Please don't be too harsh.
    Administrator