Thread: It has been 5 years already

It has been 5 years already

Wow, I've been visting this site for 5 years. I have learned a lot from everyone here, I have learned to respect myself and be proud of who I am. I really enjoyed sharing my adventures and reading about everyone else's.
    Through the whole process, I have learned who I am. I have done the things I never beleived I could and probably shared some thoughts I shouldn't have...but that's part of learning, right? I think of my childhood, how I did some things then that were part of growing up and I think of my elderly parents who only remember those things...I have grown and changed. The things that were important then are not now and for example, I wish I could make my parents see who I am today. Relating that analogy to the forum, it is possible to leave your virtual past behind and start over. So I just wanted to pass on the advice before you link your real life and virtual one consider the impact.

I have already turned a page in my life where I am more open and accepting and I fear having to revist and explain my private past, like someone said in another post, my diary is shared, but my identity is private. Having said this, it was valuable and a form of therapy to tell someone else about my thoughts.

For everyone struggling with CDing. Face your fears. Be proud of who you are. Don't feel guilty for learnng about yourself (in private if you have to). Protect yourself, don't let the pink fog carry you away and distort your views. Don't call yourself a CDer... instead think of CDing as something you do.

Let your friends and loved ones see you CD sometime at a party, for example, you learn it is not something to shame, it becomes fun and your friends just think it is something cool you do sometimes. Feel free to think female thoughts and forget about denying your feelings (at least to yourself), you will feel better.

For the SOs...it is just clothing (forget about trying to figure out the 'why'). Have fun with it. Just because your partner likes to dress up sometimes doesn't mean the rest of his life is untrue.

Sally version 2005... (is how you can calculate how many years it took to figure myself out after I decided that I needed to face my desire to CD full on.)

I just wanted to share based on some other other discussions I read lately. So am I nuts or what?

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    You don't seem nuts to me, but then again, asking for a "sanity check" from a fellow member of the nuthouse will get you some pretty interesting answers.

Congrats on five years. Here's to many more!

Kathi

Sally -
    I read the first version of your post a little while ago. Does this mean you've had a change of heart? I hope so.
    Wendy

Just a girl at heart too Kerigirl2009's Avatar
    Aren't we all just a little nuts in some way. Wether it be CDing or doing crazy stunts, or our views, So yes you are nuts, but so am I and most likely the rest of the people out there. But we are no more nuts than the others.

Hi Sally: Congrats on your five year anniversary. I'm happy that you have learned alot while you were here.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

bron
    "For everyone struggling with CDing. Face your fears. Be proud of who you are. Don't feel guilty for learnng about yourself (in private if you have to). Protect yourself, don't let the pink fog carry you away and distort your views. Don't call yourself a CDer... instead think of CDing as something you do."

still struggling

Platinum Member
    Loved your message. Especially the encouragement to have fun with CDing, with friends, family and SOs. I think thats the one thing we often forget or overlook. Dressing up can be so much fun!

Hey Sally...

I notice from your avatar that you now list Halifax as your location. I was always under the impression from previous posts that you lived somewhere in the Ottawa area.

When did this happen?

Looks like the loss suffered by Canada's Capital has now become Atlantic Canada's gain. Make sure you spread the word out there - we don't seem to have too many CDers' chiming in on this forum from that neck of the woods...

Pausing To Femme-flect melissacd's Avatar
    Sally,

Thanks very much for an amazing post.

Melissa

PS It has been 6 years on this board for me now, a lot has changed in that period of time.
    Last edited by melissacd; 02-04-2010 at 08:21 AM.
    What stop do I get off at? Hmmm...

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I'm coming up to 5 years too (April this year). I enjoyed and I agree with a lot of what you've written. I know I've sure come a long way in 5 years! In fact looking at my CDing life now and what it was back then, it's almost inconceivable.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Morley View Post
    I'm coming up to 5 years too (April this year). I enjoyed and I agree with a lot of what you've written. I know I've sure come a long way in 5 years! In fact looking at my CDing life now and what it was back then, it's almost inconceivable.
    I thought you'd been here way longer than I had Rachel, but I'm up for 5 years in April too, as "Dragster". I lurked around in January 2005 and joined under another name (as you did) in the February. Unfortunately, my CDing is stuck in a bit of a rut due to my wife's "disgust" at anything to do with the subject, I can only admire you for the progress you've made, but I bet you'd admit that a lot of it is down to your wife, the fabulous Marla! I can only keep plugging away (baby steps) and hope that the clouds will part, even a little bit, sometime in the future.

All the best,
    Tony

is in her vest
    nuts?....i dunno, but like the rest of us, you're fitting in with the misfits!

Dear ma you might find it hard to believe
    But I think I've finally found a home
    The weather's lovely there's so much to see
    And people who know what I know

Now I've got friends that do want me
    And take me as I am
    Now I've got friends that do love me
    I'm all right with them

Fitting in with the misfitts
    Living in the lost and found
    And I will never be afraid
    For lost souls don't know where they're bound

Dear ma I know this is hard for ya too
    But some things are better off said
    I've always found it so hard to adjust
    I'd rather stay in bed

Now I've got friends that do want me
    And take me as I am
    Now I've got friends that do love me
    I'm all right with them

And I will never be afraid
    For lost souls don't know where they're bound
    Don't know where they're bound
    I don't know where I'm bound

Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime. ~Potter Stewart

[SIZE="3"]Thanks for sharing![/SIZE]

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Congrats Sally,I celebrated my 9th year,out and about as Sophie this year.Have to say you are not nuts,the only ppl who strike me as nuts,are those ppl who hate or mistrust us

Keep on,Keeping on hunny.Its only going to get better,and you will have more fun along the way