Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Code 1 in Sears

Banned Read only
    They're probably collecting your DNA off those silver heels as we speak.

"Bong" Im Shopping! "Bong" Im Shopping!

Sorry a Galagher moment.
    "Originally Posted by Anne66"
    It's store policy: whatever you're looking for, that's what they're out of. And the chances of finding it are in inverse proportion to how much you want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfire Jade View Post
    I try stuff on in the good will all the time, in guy mode. And If this happened to me I wouldn't care. I would continue to do what I was doing.

This right here. If I heard a "code 1," I'd just shrug for a minute and go back to what I was doing.
    Merry

HRT since 2009

Somebody already covered The Codes at Sears, and I would imagine that The Information was correct, sure sounded like that person knew about The System.

But, my question is simple enough. "OK, your initial reaction was to cut and run, when you heard them specifically mention the Shoe Department. But, you weren't doing anything wrong!" I think if I had been in your shoes, I would have attempted to control my emotions and just "sit tight," continuing what I was doing. Since you weren't stealing anything, YOU DID NOTHING WRONG! If they did attempt to make your life miserable, I'd have made sure there were witnesses, and sued their pants off.

If nothing else, if this situation became an "incident," seems like a good idea to summon The Store manager and ask for explanations.

Nobody is accusing you of not being brave, and you had a number of choices you could have made. I just think that in The Future, all of us can think about this episode and perhaps handle it in a different manner. I think that we should be getting past incidents like this, I would think any "Modern Store" and their personnel would know better.

Peace and Love, Joanie

In a similar vein; my daughter used to work part-time at Circuit City, in customer service. Sometimes customers would return some piece of electronics, complaining that it didn't work. Often the service folks would find that it was something like not being plugged in. When the customer returned to pick up their product, the repair department would write "ID-10T" error on the invoice...

O

They would need to call Code Blue if that had been me.

I think that I'd been in deep doo-doo, because I don't pay any attencion to any of the stores P.A. systems when I'm shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by shelby View Post
    not sure what code 1 was, but i was at sears yesterday in the tool dept and heard a code 2 to tv's.

I know code yellow at target means missing child.

I once was told a story about a meat cutter in a grocery store that upon seeing a hottie would tap 3 times on the ceiling (yes there is a song like that) with a broom stick to let the manager upstairs know. This worked well until one day when he heard the 3 tap hottie alert only to discover that his daughter was in the store.
    rotflol

"knock three times on the ceiling if you want me, twice on the pipe if the answer is no"
    Oh Boy! Are you old or what??

I'm pretty sure that when they wrote the code system the last thing on their minds would be a guy trying on female stuff.
    Most likely the number one was something like "send salesperson" or "fire". I guess they could have gone all the way to "guy trying on female stuff" but it would have been something like code 187.

I remember one store here that had the code system posted next to the customer care desk. It has things like "mister Juan Perez, please report to ..." to indicate fire or "mister Carlos Lopez, please report to..." to indicate medical attention required. I pointed out to the desk clerk that it was a bad idea to have that posted where customers could read it because the idea is not to create panic in the store in case of an emergency. The lady looked at me like I was an ET and said "Who reads that??? you're the only one. Half of my staff never did".

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    I am a current employee of Sears. Since I am not a cashier I rarely use the codes and have to look them up so know I will most likely get it mixed up but here it goes:

Code 1: Cashier assistance need
    Code 2: Manager needed
    Code 3: Change needed

Calling store Loss prevention is something completely different.
    Drumming, My other hobby

Quote Originally Posted by kellycan27 View Post
    Personally I would have confronted him.. Is there a problem, or do you just like looking at me? I don't think that my boyfriend would appreciate you ogling me. I would in fact have probably caused a scene if he persisted, or may have even asked to see his supervisor claiming that he made me uncomfortable enough as to make me fearful of my saftey. This guy was following me around the store and staring at me... can you tell me why?

Kel

I know that you are totally right, but at that point in time I didn't have the confidence to do it.....

Today I dont beleive I would have hesitated (and I don't think he would have questioned me!!!).

Every day of transition builds confidence

BTW....as i think back to it, the guard himself looked like a guy that security would flag if he walked into a different store, he was gross!!

Quote Originally Posted by Melinda G View Post
    They're probably collecting your DNA off those silver heels as we speak.
    You wouldn't be far wrong actually... not after what I deleted (you really do not want to know)!!
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'd MUCH rather be #1! Think about it!

Being #2 STINKS!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitlyn Michele View Post
    I know that you are totally right, but at that point in time I didn't have the confidence to do it.....

Today I dont beleive I would have hesitated (and I don't think he would have questioned me!!!).

Every day of transition builds confidence

BTW....as i think back to it, the guard himself looked like a guy that security would flag if he walked into a different store, he was gross!!
    I totally understand. I've always been a tad on the rebellious side.

Kel
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Caroll, does Sears have LP that often? I work LP for Giant, LLC, and in the past year, of all of the people in my group, three of them have come from Kmart ( i know it's not sears, but didn't enron buy sears a couple years ago? ) Saying they were laid off or had their LP status mixed up like, 24 hours in LP, and 16 hours in shoes. I was often wondering if Sears did the same thing and maybe you could clarify that =P

There are all kinds of codes that happen, for example, when I'm working, I ask the pharmacists if they can page, "Mr. Walker, please return to the pharmacy, your prescription is ready." (no, my last name isn't Walker =P) when they see something suspicious. Before I worked Loss Prevention and was a customer service manager, the management asked me to page every hour "security scan zone (random letter)."

It is true, our job relies heavily on stats. My goals is 150 shoplifters this year. Also, I've made myself very known some days in case someone looks like they might cause trouble. They might not be doing anything, but I don't want to risk it, especially since I've been assaulted twice and I've been doing this job less than a year. Sorry for my rambled, convoluted post.
    removed

I have been followed around my local walmart so many times that just a few days ago I asked the guy I'd he would mind pushing my basket. Ive even figured out thier intercom code. "CSM Bob to lingerie. . ." means se urity is coming to watch me pick out panties!
    My love is god; let's go get a slushie . . .

Platinum Member
    makes you wonder if real security threats might decide to use us as decoys!

Quote Originally Posted by Sherry-Stephanie View Post
    Some stores simple use it as "a trick" to let customers think they're being watched when in fact it means nothing....if your up to no good and you hear something like then then you automatically think they're referring to you and you more often than not get spooked and leave...

Trust me if they think your up ot no good they're not going to let hyou know that they know...
    Exactly!

Heh. I work at Walmart, and I'm sure security has seen me do plenty of goofy things. One time I got my apron caught in a cash register drawer when I closed it. Just a few days ago I had to catch a live lobster from a tank for customers. The little b*****d flipped himself off the scale and I had to go chasing him across the Seafood Department floor. Security was probably ROTFL.

Quote Originally Posted by JustAlex View Post
    I remember one store here that had the code system posted next to the customer care desk. It has things like "mister Juan Perez, please report to ..." to indicate fire or "mister Carlos Lopez, please report to..." to indicate medical attention required. I pointed out to the desk clerk that it was a bad idea to have that posted where customers could read it because the idea is not to create panic in the store in case of an emergency. The lady looked at me like I was an ET and said "Who reads that??? you're the only one. Half of my staff never did".
    Funny! I was in a Radio Shack® one time while they were reorganizing the stockroom. They left a box in the middle of the sales floor with a piece of paper on top of it.

The piece of paper had a huge written note on it -- "Our access code is [the code], our password is [the code]." Underlined was "Never, ever let a customer see this!!!"

Ooooops!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Anne66 View Post
    Just a few days ago I had to catch a live lobster from a tank for customers. The little b*****d flipped himself off the scale and I had to go chasing him across the Seafood Department floor. Security was probably ROTFL.
    I don't understand, you and security were chasing a customer across the seafood department floor?
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

I was out of town and went to Sears looking at womens clothes totaly dressed when a sales person spotted me and noticed that I wasnt a total women and yelled at his buddy, I left the store and went to my vehicle, they even came out to see if they could locate me and this was in the cold weather.

Platinum Member
    This raises a question - do some CDers try to shoplift so as to avoid embarrassment. That would be a painfully stupid thing to do!

It reminds me of an odd situation that occurred years ago - a high ranking state official who will remain nameless, was caught shop lifting a women's jogging suit. At the time I thought - a jogging suit, why not some nice panties, stockings or a skirt?

New Oldbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    In a similar vein; my daughter used to work part-time at Circuit City, in customer service. Sometimes customers would return some piece of electronics, complaining that it didn't work. Often the service folks would find that it was something like not being plugged in. When the customer returned to pick up their product, the repair department would write "ID-10T" error on the invoice...

O
    ID-10T error LOL! Been awhile since seeing that one!
    The headlights blinded me!

If you have a radio scanner - try listening in on their security frequencies some time. You'll probably work out what their codes are soon enough.

Like you, I'm not brave enough to sit tight either. I have tried boots on in drab at TK Maxx, simply because I just could NOT leave them there - drop dead gorgeous FCUK suede knee length - got a few weird looks from a few other shoppers, but a twenty-something girl took a long long look wearing a very nice smile!

These days I just buy my size, and return them if the fit isn't good. That way I can get buy with the old 'present for the wife' line.

I know I know, people like me are just prolonging the time we'll have to spend underground / marginalised - if I, and people like me could be braver, we'd be as normal a sight as gays are now.

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    This raises a question - do some CDers try to shoplift so as to avoid embarrassment. That would be a painfully stupid thing to do!
    i'm sure it happens. Electronics and makeup are the most commonly stolen items - small, expensive things. Don't steal; but if you do, it would be particularly unwise to try to steal those.

Living Dead Girl Schatten Lupus's Avatar
    It was probably nothing significant. I really doubt it was anything in a negative manner, because had it been and someone gave you a hard time, it would be a potential lawsuit.