Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Code 1 in Sears

Code 1 in Sears

I was recently in Sears, underdressed and wearing makeup. While trying on several pairs of lovely heels, I noticed that there were security cameras which may have been able to see me. Didn't think much of them since trying on shoes is not a crime. In fact I thought it might be fun to think that some store security guy in the back room might be having fun watch me try on womens shoes. When over the store PA systems I hear "code 1 to shoes, code 1 to shoes". Thinking I might at least get questioned and have to give all sorts of personal information, I slipped off a a beautiful pair of silver heels and back into my man shoes (yuk) and left the store. But what i would like to know if anyone knows what "code 1" means. Was it hey theres a pevr in the shoe department lets get him or was it something totally unrelated to my activities???

Any one know what these codes mean??

Thanks
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 02-03-2010 at 05:06 PM. Reason: You've been here long enough to read the rules, I suggest you start reading them!!!

the Codes security use vary from location to location, for most stores.
    Last edited by JulieK1980; 02-03-2010 at 05:47 PM. Reason: first part no longer made sense, after the op was edited... :P

OMG just when I think I've heard it all...............

Codes do change from store to store. In this case it probably meant that an SA is needed to assist a customer
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

I have know a few people (guys) who work in retail, and they all had some code to let others know that there was a hottie or something wierd going on in the store.
    One I remember was at my friend's tire store. If there was a good looking woman in the store, the person at the counter would use the intercom and say " _____ pick up line 3". Then you would see the guys in the shop go to the door to the store to see the woman.
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

Code 1 = someone going out of their way to shatter harmful stereotypes

But really, probably actually was something close to what you suspect. Especially if you were the only one in shows.

They were probably watching you on camera and said , "Hey, let's see what happens when we say 'code 1 to shoes' over the PA, nyuk nyuk nyuk." They probably did it on purpose as a joke to see if you reacted.
    Last edited by Wen4cd; 02-03-2010 at 05:07 PM.
    And so we go, on with our lives...
    We know the Truth, but prefer Lies.
    Lies are simple, simple is Bliss.
    Why go against tradition, when we can admit defeat,
    Live in Decline, be the victim of our own design?

doubtful that code 1 means more than somebody (the person id'd as code 1) go to shoes...probably a security guard...

i was at newyork and company last year..and a guard came up to me while i was looking at jeans and asked "can i help you"...i just smiled and said no...
    he watched me like a hawk.. oh well..

Not sure what Code 1 was, but I was at Sears yesterday in the tool dept and heard a Code 2 to TV's.

I know code yellow at Target means missing child.

I once was told a story about a Meat Cutter in a grocery store that upon seeing a hottie would tap 3 times on the ceiling (yes there is a song like that) with a broom stick to let the Manager upstairs know. This worked well until one day when he heard the 3 tap hottie alert only to discover that his daughter was in the store.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    LOLOLOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby View Post
    This worked well until one day when he heard the 3 tap hottie alert only to discover that his daughter was in the store.

Some stores simple use it as "a trick" to let customers think they're being watched when in fact it means nothing....if your up to no good and you hear something like then then you automatically think they're referring to you and you more often than not get spooked and leave...

Trust me if they think your up ot no good they're not going to let hyou know that they know...LP guys live and die based on stats!!! and stats are gotten by catching people not chasing them out of the stores....
    Discovering the female self aka "Bitch with an Attitude"

Oh..Hell no!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitlyn Michele View Post
    doubtful that code 1 means more than somebody (the person id'd as code 1) go to shoes...probably a security guard...

i was at newyork and company last year..and a guard came up to me while i was looking at jeans and asked "can i help you"...i just smiled and said no...
    he watched me like a hawk.. oh well..
    Personally I would have confronted him.. Is there a problem, or do you just like looking at me? I don't think that my boyfriend would appreciate you ogling me. I would in fact have probably caused a scene if he persisted, or may have even asked to see his supervisor claiming that he made me uncomfortable enough as to make me fearful of my saftey. This guy was following me around the store and staring at me... can you tell me why?

Kel
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Quote Originally Posted by kellycan27 View Post
    Personally I would have confronted him.. Is there a problem, or do you just like looking at me? I don't think that my boyfriend would appreciate you ogling me. I would in fact have probably caused a scene if he persisted, or may have even asked to see his supervisor claiming that he made me uncomfortable enough as to make me fearful of my saftey. This guy was following me around the store and staring at me... can you tell me why?

Kel

Definitely agree, its one thing to discreetly watch people for theft, its another altogether to obviously follow the person without a very good reason. Unless your stuffing clothes into your purse, its unjustified.

I wonder if it is a coincidence that Sears has been the ONLY place that has ever made me feel uncomfortable while shopping. I was wandering through the store once after spending some time browsing in the women's section (I was dressed at the time, but I doubt if I was passing) and I was 'shadowed' for a while by somebody in store security.

Every time I looked up, he was 1 or 2 aisles away looking at me. A few times, he was talking into the radio mic attached at his shoulder without taking his eyes off me.

Well, this was a while ago when I had less confidence, so his actions had the desired effect. I left the store. If it were to happen again today, I'd probably approach him to ask if there was a problem and maybe even get pissed enough that I'd ask to talk to his manager and ask HIM what Sears's policy toward crossdressing customers was and perhaps their security employees need better training.

I agree with the poster above who wrote that the 'code one' was probably just to see what your reaction would be.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

New Oldbie
    I don't have much patience for Sears security people and about the only reason I go into Sears these days is if I need a tool. I guess it goes way back to the days when I'd skate board through the store when I was a kid and they would try and chase me out lol. But there's a reason why Sears is beat down pretty bad these days. For the most part, the Sears stores around my area suck....
    The headlights blinded me!

I was in Sears today. After wandering thru the womens sale racks, I ended up in 'Shoes'.
    I found an amazing pair of brown snakeskin heels....and I usually do not even look at snakeskin footwear. There was only one pair in my size. I was dressed in drab (Sweatshirt, jeans and sneakers) but underdressed with stockings, Bra, panties.
    I thought about coming back later in the week dressed, but these shoes were only $10!!
    Could not rick losing them, so I kicked off my sneakers and socks and tried those babies on in the middle of the aisle. No 'Code' over the pa and the only comment was from a young woman who said "Great shoes". Yes, the snakeskins did follow me home.

code 1 means "GET THAT GUY A SHOEHORN" )))

Carbon-based Member eileendover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MizLutz View Post
    I don't have much patience for Sears security people and about the only reason I go into Sears these days is if I need a tool. I guess it goes way back to the days when I'd skate board through the store when I was a kid and they would try and chase me out lol. But there's a reason why Sears is beat down pretty bad these days. For the most part, the Sears stores around my area suck....
    I'm with you, MizLutz. Maybe Code 1 means "Hey, someone might actually be buying something."

Quote Originally Posted by tess graham View Post
    the only comment was from a young woman who said "Great shoes". Yes, the snakeskins did follow me home.
    Congratulations on the new shoes, Tess! I did something similar this past week, trying on some stilettos while dressed pretty much en drab. Well, it was a really great sale, and, like you, I scored the shoes!

Not sure what Code 1 was, but I was at Sears yesterday in the tool dept and heard a Code 2 to TV's.
    Hmmmmm, does that mean there were 2 TV's in the store instead of just one?

I know code yellow at Target means missing child.
    And at Disney Land a "protein spill" means someone threw up.

This worked well until one day when he heard the 3 tap hottie alert only to discover that his daughter was in the store.
    ROFL! I bet that didn't go down well for the clerk!

Kinda like the story I've loved for a long time: A guy goes into a pharmacy walks up to the pharmacist and asks him for some condoms. The pharmacist says: "well they come in packs of 3, 9, and 12". The kid says: "well im going to have dinner at her place tonight and after that were going out and i think im gonna get lucky and once she had me she wont be able to get enough, so better make it twelve". Meanwhile he goes home and gets ready and heads over to her house to have dinner and meet her parents. They sit down ready for dinner and they ask him to say grace. He says it and goes on and on and on... The girl leans over and says: "you didn't tell me you were such a religious person", and he leans back and says: "you didn't tell me your dad was a pharmacist".
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

I hear these "Security to..." or "security cameras scan Section 5..." etc. directions being broadcast over store intercoms all the time, and my gut feeling is that they are simply random announcements to keep potential shoplifters on their toes.

I mean, if you really want to catch a thief in action, why broadcast their location to everyone in the world, including the perp him/herself? Duh!

I used to work at Sears a long time ago. The code system was made so that the receptionist/operator on shift didn't have to look up who was in what department at the time. So a code 1 was more than likely a neighboring associate in say Woman's wear could call the operator and have the associate covering Shoes paged back to the Shoe department. Only the operator is allowed to page at Sears. So too many code 1's on the day/evening could also get you canned as well. That is part of the reason why the operator can only page so that they can keep track of coverage.

Security could have also called this in to the operator but I doubt it since the security personnel at Sears rarely do. They would rather watch you to see if you are going to put that pair of pumps in your coat/bag/pants/skirt than give a sign that they are watching.

More than likely it was another SA that thought you needed help.

Ellen

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Code 1? .... at least it wasn't a code red ! It was probably a security guard watching you on the CCTV and thought he's give you a scare ... just for a laugh. I wouldn't worry to much about it, you're still a paying customer no matter what you try on or buy.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    Allways the optomist , I think code 1 means , customer with great taste needs a chashier stat !
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

New Oldbie
    Quote Originally Posted by tess graham View Post
    I was in Sears today. After wandering thru the womens sale racks, I ended up in 'Shoes'.
    I found an amazing pair of brown snakeskin heels....and I usually do not even look at snakeskin footwear. There was only one pair in my size. I was dressed in drab (Sweatshirt, jeans and sneakers) but underdressed with stockings, Bra, panties.
    I thought about coming back later in the week dressed, but these shoes were only $10!!
    Could not rick losing them, so I kicked off my sneakers and socks and tried those babies on in the middle of the aisle. No 'Code' over the pa and the only comment was from a young woman who said "Great shoes". Yes, the snakeskins did follow me home.
    Usually when a woman says something nice to me like that and she knows I'm a guy (very not passable lol), I take it that she's hitting on me....which usually turns out they are! One day in a dept store, a sales lady saw me looking at bras and she came over and started telling me all about how to pick out and size the correct bra. It was nice lol
    The headlights blinded me!

the only way to know for sure is to go back in there and ask what code 1 stands for.
    Michelle

Banned Read only
    I try stuff on in the good will all the time, in guy mode. And If this happened to me I wouldn't care. I would continue to do what I was doing.