Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A change in airport security ahead? / There goes the neighborhood

It is just a ridiculous world we live in isn't it. I was in London on the day of 9/11 and again on the 21/7 London bomb's

I have had my daily commute from Scotland to the capital go from leaving home 1 hour befofre I fly drive the few mins to the airport, check-in at a desk and board a plane, to now.
    I check in online drive the saem distance then queue for an hour and a half to pass security to then board a plane to in total my day is about 1 1/2 hours longer each way.

I think that things will only get worse and this news is another example of the creed. I am in favour of profiling as I have nothing to hide I find the hostility of some of the religious sects so sad, let the one doing the teaching lead by example and blow himself up first!

I am so glad I do not taske four or six flights a week anymore it was all so tiresome.

As for travelling en femme, this is another way to be humiliated needlessly but one we must collectively face until this war is ended.
    Gillian.

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

I have yet to fly enfemme, but once I start I would keep going even if I had to strip for all to see.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

They overlook the obvious opportunities fillings in teeth have to house C4 or Plastique.If someone really wants to blow themself and others up they will find a way to do it. You have to travel at your own risk in this world regardless of which mode you use.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by Denise Rhodes View Post
    They overlook the obvious opportunities fillings in teeth have to house C4 or Plastique.If someone really wants to blow themself and others up they will find a way to do it. You have to travel at your own risk in this world regardless of which mode you use.
    This has got me thinking,,,,,never a good thing at the best of times but, if you recall the reaction when you put a Mentos sweet into a bottle of Coke, all they have to do is eat a carton of Mentos and then down a 40oz bottle of coke!
    Last edited by Gillian; 02-13-2010 at 10:06 AM. Reason: grammer
    Gillian.

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Let's hope the terrorist don't find out about crossdressing or we will be in really big trouble. The padded hip pads and breast forms. At that we might get a cavity search each time. If they get that far, then maybe they could include a free colonscopy in the search process.
    Michelle

I have not had much of an experience being out of my house dressed. But this coming Monday I will be flying and it WILL be my first time going through security wearing an underwire bra. I usually change after security screening, so this will be a new challenge for me. Baby steps.

I guess the best move might be to stick the breast forms in your luggage and just fill your bra with tissue paper or rice bags.

Quote Originally Posted by Deidra Cowen View Post
    I guess the best move might be to stick the breast forms in your luggage and just fill your bra with tissue paper or rice bags.
    That's what I'm thinking, if TSA starts focusing on this part of the anatomy. Honestly, in light of this new terrorist tactic, I wouldn't blame TSA in the slightest for considering forms to be suspect. I mean, those two handfuls of firm silicone would get my attention. So I'm thinking, just put them in my carry-on bag, let them scan them and/or inspect them, then put them back on later. I guess that might still get me flagged, but it's better than having to whip them out right there in front of everyone.

Is there any evidence that those new body scanners can detect breast forms.

I suppose that if any woman, crossdresser/transgender person feels embarresed you could always ask to be privately scanned in a room off to the side of the main screening area.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/76795368@N07/

International Men Can Wear A Dress Too Day, Tuesday, May 15 2012

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

bigger issue

I understand the concern about breastforms (obviously ) but the real issue here are bags of liquid implanted in the breast. It doesn't take too much imagination to see that this is simply a source of two liquids that could easily be removed in a lavatory, then mixed...

I'm an analytical chemist so I understand that there would be ways to scan the implants (not X-ray scanning in all liklihood) for the density/refractive index of implants, but can you imagine the situation of having to scan everyone's breasts? (and I do mean everyone!)

What a nightmare!

tina

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joni Marie Cruz View Post
    So this would not only include inserts, forms and enhancers but also women who have had actual breast implants.

This was used by drug smugglers on Nip Tuck. It is probably based on real cases. In a bombing situation, health concerns are of little issue. The person only has to survive long enough to detonate the bomb. Any screening will just be another band aid fix on the problem. Something to artificially raise the public's confidence that the situation is being dealt with.

You can only make it harder to hide a bomb - not impossible. I doubt you can make it hard enough to hide. The situation can only be fixed by people not wanting to blow up planes any more. The ever elusive search for wold peace.

Gen

Pretty sure that on a trip last year my checked bag was searched because of my forms. For the ones of us that fly enfemme I wonder if it wouldn't just be easier to present a card that says, "I AM TRANSGENDER AND WEARING BREAST FORMS PLEASE BE PROFESSIONAL AND DISCREET" Now I know this isn't perfect as nothing is but do believe that it would be an alternative to more embarrassment. I know the cards that metal medical implant are basically useless...that person is getting pulled and wanded anyway.

Lora

All I want is a world somewhere, a place to wear pretty underwear
    A dress, some makeup, hose and heels
    OH wouldn't it be loverly

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"---Helen Keller

This wont be pretty they love their power but what would you expect from ex Burger King employees
    George Zimmerman says "youll like the way you look" and he is right I do!

Checking the TSA website, the page on passengers with medical disabilities lists items that are exempt from the normal restrictions, including things like prosthesis. The pertinant entry reads

"Items used to augment the body for medical or cosmetic reasons such as mastectomy products, prosthetic breasts, bras or shells containing gels, saline solution, or other liquids"

Thus, both types of breast prosthesis, internal and external, are allowed to be worn through the security checkpoint. The website is
    http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtrav...eds/index.shtm

Since the only times I have flown over the last 10 years or so are with my wife (very disapproving of my TGness) or for military reasons, I have not been able to fly pretty. I hope to change that eventually. I have been following the activities of a few frequent fliers who travel en femme, on another forum, and nobody has reported a problem with security. I wish everybody luck and hope to hear more.......Stephanie

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Wow... Guess Hooters could someday be considered an al-qaeda safe house??
    - half of Vegas servers are about to be subject to intense screening whenever they take a break. TSA are just going to love that
    Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astair did .. but backwards and in HEELS!

I wonder where you "learned" this, I keep up on political news & haven't heard of it.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Seeing what the TSA was doing and how they were doing it, I stopped carrying my alternative wardrobe with me altogether until I learned to fly and began carrying my alternative bag in my own plane. TSA does not (at least so far) search small general aviation aircraft. For that matter, I generally land at smaller, less busy airports as it is challenging to mix it up with 737s, 757/767s, A330s, etc in a bird that has to fly an approach at half the speed of the big boys.

For all that, though, I find that I can usually get where I want to go in about the same time (or even less time) that it would take to fly on a commercial airliner once one considers travel to and from big airports, delays in checking in and clearing security, time spent laying over to catch the next flight, etc.

I've compared flights as far away as the further coast from me (in the USA) to flights booked with Travelocity (e.g.) and found that the speed advantages of larger airplanes lose significance in light of the other B.S. that we have to tolerate for the nominal privilege of freedom to travel whither we list.

True, it's not perfect. Sometimes you might spend some time on the ground waiting for weather to clear or even decide not to launch for the same reasons. It's just that general aviation is an alternative little considered, but frankly quite available to the masses.

Airplanes are not nearly as expensive as one might think. A very usable aircraft can be found readily for the price of a high-end SUV and financing is available for up to 20 years at reasonable rates.

Check out http://www.aopa.org for more information!
    Sarah - A dress without hosiery? What a silly idea!