Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The worst thing about CD'ing

The worst thing about CD'ing

Sorry to ramble, but I have found one particular aspect of crossdressing that I find a miserable experience: Stubble.....it just ruins everything, and it feels miserable. . It gets persistently worse every day. You have to shave constantly, and it still comes back. You fight ingrowns, red bumps and acne. Hair follicles are truly the enemy. You shave, you try Nair, you wax, and it still fight s you back. You spend hundreds, possibly thousands to go under the needle of an electolysis pen or a laser to put an end to the War on Hair.
    Sorry, I'm just venting out.

Gold Member
    facial stubble is a pain.

Thing is, if you can minimize it with waxing or tweezing or electro, it does help, I mean alright I tweeze, and sucks it comes back BUT - it is finer and I don't need a heavy makeup to cover shadow and in fact, I don't get much shadow for a few days.

If it helps - even some GG have thin facial hair, I had to wax the jawline of an 18 year old GG who had some hair going on.

Wouldn't it be SO much easier for us if women had as thick a beard? or neither men or women had face hair? I mean it would level THAT part of the field
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

I like shaving...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Senior Member joannemarie barker's Avatar
    guess i'm lucky with that,i'm very fair so once i've shaved there's no sign at all for 2 days

I was going to say the worst thing about being a CD is not being able to CD all the time.
    Life's too short to not do the things that make you happy.

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    Body hair is horrible. I dream of the day I do not have to shave. I hate body hair! Hate Hate Hate it.

Ohh did I mention that I dislike body hair.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

Stubble for sure I shave with a Gillette Fusion and it really does get me smooooooottthhhhh! but I am dark, so after five hours I have a real shadow appearing.

Apart from that, it is certainly putting my drab's back on after a perfectly wonderful day.
    Gillian.

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

That is part of the challenge. If it were that easy, I think many of us would not bother with it.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Playboy girl at heart Bunny Girl Zoe's Avatar
    I use Gillette Fusion also and find it realy good. I don't mind shaving all part of looking and feeling good. Worse for me is wearing drap's love be dressed more.

I have been lucky enough to get laser treatments, however, a little late in life, as my gray hairs are not visible to the laser. [very few dark hairs left] at least i am not using too much spackle as a foundation anymore

shaving my body every shower, to me is theraputic...i do enjoy that. although i would not want my wife to run her hand across my face after 6 hours...at least the slight growth does not show thru the makeup.... we do the best we can with what we have... i guess
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hugs, msniki48
    Blog
    http://nikishomeawayfromhome.spaces....x?sa=764853634

Quote Originally Posted by Tanya83 View Post
    I was going to say the worst thing about being a CD is not being able to CD all the time.
    I absolutely agree.

Karen Sue

Platinum Member

Going Back

Hi Nathalie

Changing back to Mr. Drab and putting every thing away a real bummer.

Orchid

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I love to shave. I shave my arms and legs every day.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Aspiring Member
    The worst thing for me is going back to my male self.

The cost $$$$$$
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

I feel somewhat fortunate in that I am just not a hairy person. My beard isn't very thick, I barely have any chest hair and there's no hair on my back, thank goodness.

I'm 10000% with you there, Nathalie! Stubble sucks!

(but I'm too chicken to laser it off, so I guess I'll have to live with it).

Executive Transvestite KimberlyJo's Avatar

stubble sucks

For my face, I just bought a decent electric razor. It helps for those quickie in between times when I just need to get rid of the stubbles. Haven't tried it on my legs...DON'T recommend it for the pits...yowch.

But yeah, the only real way to win the battle is to get electrolysis or laser. The only place I would really, really love to have either of those procedures done is on my belly.
    [SIZE="3"]Viva la Revolucion!![/SIZE]

If you can't be honest with your SELF
    Then you can't really live YOUR life.

Man ---- ME ---- WOMAN

No, stubble is not fun. Yes, Fusion does help, especially using a brand new blade.
    Last December, in preparation for a trip to France to visit my GF, I did an entire body wax for the first time thinking that would take care of any stubble for a while. But then I encountered the French winter and these little stubly hairs on my thighs (that came back much sooner than I'd hoped or expected!) would stand up and feel like dozens of little needles!
    YOW!

Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneBender View Post
    Body hair is horrible. I dream of the day I do not have to shave. I hate body hair! Hate Hate Hate it.

Chewbaca ain't got nothin on me! I hate the body hair with a passion BUT what is worse is having to hide all my stuff from the wife and waiting till she's at work to be able to dress at all. No she don't like it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into... the Girly Zone.
    [url]http://www.facebook.com/Staci Grace

Smile

if only they could do a brain transplant.
    trade with a f-m,
    not a ts here, but to just beable to not have to shave away the fourty grit every am.

Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneBender View Post

Body hair and facial hair makes me feel all ickypoo. Really...ickypoo. I used to shave my body hair only before "dressing sessions" and between felt all icky. Then I said to self:

"Self, you don't like your body hair, so why don't you keep it off...all the time." So I did...and it feels so right to be hair free.

Veronica Rogers
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.

The ultimate worse is shaving your whole body and getting a phone call that drags you out in drab instead of dressing. What a waste of a freshly shaved body.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Laser can ease the stubble. It is not an overnight solution. Over the past few years and many sessions, for the most part, my body is completely hairless. Not having to deal with the stubble or ingrown hairs is a bonus that comes along with not having to shave.

I never thought I'd do my whole body when I started laser hair removal. It seemed like an insurmountable task. I also wasn't emotionally ready to be completely hairless when I started that journey. I initially started laser to remove my beard. I gradually expanded to my chest, arms and ankles. I used to cut my self every time shaving around my ankles. Besides, who is going to notice a lack of hair down there? I eventually decided to go the whole route and remove it all. As for the cost? I don't think about that. I only make a few visits a year so it kind of has it's own payment plan. Now that I am here and hair free, threads like this remind me it was all worth while.

Let me answer the topic question, since the title didn't lead me to believe this thread is only about shaving.

Currently, what I hate most about this is the loneliness. I have friends. We hang out from time to time. Yet so many people hide this part of their lives - to varying degrees. It is hard to be spontaneous and grab dinner with someone. One of my close friends calls every time she goes shopping (at nearby stores) yet would never let anyone join her. She is very [private with this part of her life. I'd love to have a second opinion on outfits when I shop. Right now I the biggest improvement I need is more friends. Friends who could (and are willing) to come over to watch a movie or whatever.

Gen

Hiding who I am from everyone except my wife.

There are so many double standards in life. Like why can a cute female wear jeans and a T-shirt and have short hair and not get a scenond glance?