Thread: Did You Wear Red Today?

Did You Wear Red Today?

Thanks to Stephanie Heplby for her thread calling our attention to National Wear Red Day ("Stand up and speak out against heart disease in women by wearing red on Friday, Feb. 5."). Without her post I would have missed it.

It has been raining and pouring today here in SoCal, and red would definitely brighten up the day, so here's what I wore to run my errands:

First stop was the nail shoppe for my bi-weekly manicure. Lots of "girl talk" among myself, two of the other clients that I know, and the manicurist. Everyone knew there was a "wear red" day, but, apparently, it hadn't been on the news, so they didn't know it was today. The other two clients (and most of the women in the salon) weren't wearing red. But, as it turned out, my manicurist had worn red today "by accident."

Next, it was off to Ezlube for an oil change. The guys were really, really nice. They didn't try to sell me anything I probably didn't really need and they didn't push products, they only made recommendations. A fuel filter was on their list from last time, so they recommended it again and I decided to go with it. The air filter was kinda dirty and they recommended replacement but I told them my spouse usually liked to do his own, and they said they understood.

They were very protective of me walking back and forth across the rain wet, oil slicked, shop floor, always walking back and forth near me and always warning me it was slick.

There were two other women, one with a three year old, waiting for their cars and we exchanged smiles and small talk.

Then to the post office to mail a letter, and, finally, the grocery store for a few items. As I was walking in, a woman complimented me on my red outfit.

It is so great to spend a whole day being "Miss" and "Ma'm" and not hearing "Sir."

Sorry about the jeans, Karren! And for those who like details, my boots have 4½" (11.4 cm) heels with a ¾" (1.9 cm) platforms.

Later in the day my spouse and I went to the exercise center to workout. I didn't quite have a suitable red t-shirt handy, so I wore a bright pink one that was as close as I could get.

I chatted a bit with one of the other ladies who had also bought the same t-shirt at the exercise center, each saying how much we loved the intense color of it.

All in all, despite the rain, it was great to be "the lady in red!" Thanks, Stephanie!

Did anyone else have a bright red day?

Hugs,
    Persephone.[/QUOTE]
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Gold Member
    I wore black sweats, beige undies, and my stinky shoes

I felt so girly
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Red under ware, red shirt. Red scarf.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

8rys, going on walkabout
    Only underware, by pure chance. I didn't know about this until after I was at work for hours. Even then, I noticed that none of the women I work with were wearing red.
    But then again I don't remember to wear my rubber band on Friday's. Which I think my wife figured out, since she is a fan of the crossdresser group on face book.

Red face

never even steped out of the house to get fire wood.

due to working hours friday is a sleep day for me. to go anywere i loose sleeping hours.

I did wear red today but for an entire different reason. I didn't know that it was also to speak out against women's heart disease. So now I have two reasons to wear red on a Friday.
    Merry

HRT since 2009

Red panties and t shirt

Tina L.

Nope, no red, totally forgot. But Macy's was apparently giving an extra 20% off to red wearers.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Aspiring Member
    I wore a new raspberry turtleneck sweater. My wife hates them, probably because she has issues about things touching her neck. I wonder if its something psychological to do with hiding that traitor adams apple, but that's another subject entirely

yes i did. It was a red drab sweater but the girls at work were happy i remembered! I said anything for the girls!

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jessica View Post
    Nope, no red, totally forgot. But Macy's was apparently giving an extra 20% off to red wearers.

I didn't realize it was national wear red day until I went to Macy's yesterday afternoon to buy a winter hat and some gloves.

I am such a cheapskate. They had a pair of boots and a skirt suit I really wanted. So I bought a red scarf already 40% off put it on and then went and got the boots and a skirt suit that I fell in love with. I felt a little guilty about using this good cause to my advantage, but hey a sale is a sale and having to wardrobes is never cheap.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

I didn't know about this but did wear a redish tank top yesterday and red nails.
    SRS January 27

How I Wish I Looked!!! Jessica_M's Avatar

Local JiffyLube wearing Red

Don't know if this will show... but the local JiffyLube wore red!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

My toenails are red, does that count
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

I wore a red shirt but with the storm coming business was slow and not many seen it.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

A pretty red blouse over a nice black cami.

D

I saw it was "Wear Red Day" on the local Fox channel morning news.

I wore my male 1/4 zip red fleece and jeans to work friday.