Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dressing: Is it a ‘fountain of youth’?

Where's my Millionaire?? Kendra (Tx)'s Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]When I started "seriously" dressing up and going out several years ago ( I'll admit to my 40's ) After all was said and done with the hair, makeup and nails and outfit... ( and depending on the color and style of hair I wore...blondes and reds worn "down" tended to make me look younger than the brunettes or the "up" styles.) But people who knew the both sides of Kendra said that I lost maybe 15 to 20 years becoming Kendra....Maybe it's because of all the spackle and paint I use......15 or 20 years or whatever...Or less....I still enjoy myself being myself....that's the important part.. [/SIZE]

http://kendra954.com
    [SIZE="3"]Some of the most beautiful women in the world were born male. [/SIZE]

I'm in my early 50's and feel like I look 40's, and as you can see from my avatar, with a bit of help from photoshop I think I look even younger. The make up definately takes a few years of me.

Margaret

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    I look and definetilty feel younger. When dressed the pain from my aching knees, ankles and shoulders disappears completely.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

You girls are such fun. I love that you can be serious yet humorous about a topic that make some people edgy. I am 27 and I suppose I look my age but all you girls look younger (yes, 10, 20 & 30 yrs younger) than your male counterpart, including you Barbara. (well not 30, maybe 5 or 10?)

At times I have felt conspicuous on these threads addressing some of you as attractive young women even though I know you are my seniors by many years. As Jill said, many of you must have downed gallons of water from the founain of youth.

Somethng else that came to mind about looking youthful. Most of you girls have firm looking breasts, like those of a teenager and the good fortune not to add weight onto your hips and thighs like many women.
    "It takes a real man to dress as a woman."

Gold Member
    The day I take myself too seriously about my CDing is likely the day I'll stop. It's better to have fun, cringe at the bad days, and go wow, at the good days. It's really great to have gg's here like yourself Paige. You provide an important and refreshing perspective for all of us...both MtF and FtM.

I love make-up. I'm quite a cheeky girl so often ask people. They thiink late thirties. Ha-ha, I'm over fifty. Life is fun
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

Dressing: Is it a ‘fountain of youth’?

I always feel younger wen drssed'

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    The question is;
    Which age SHOULD I reflect? Robert's cronological one of 60 Or Sherry's age, of about 13?

Tis a puzzlement!
    Sherry honey. I need to give you some advice. When I was a teenager, a little older than you are now, I learned the phrase "jail bait". You need to lie about your age girl! Try acting about 18. How did you get on this site anyway? You young kids think you know everything.
    "It takes a real man to dress as a woman."

My destiny is before me Brandi Wyne's Avatar

Fountain drink

Here, let me dry my eyes a bit. The fountain of youth is the elusive delusion today that it was when Florida was "discovered" by the Spaniards.

Oh sure, we take better care of our looks now and others may see us differently than we see ourselves. But, one just needs to keep in perspective that the "rush" of finding and being the girl within will settle down to being the same, aging girl with the same challenges as most GGs face.
    [SIZE="3"]Brandi[/SIZE]
    Love life and find happiness where you can.

No.... Dressing is fun.... playing ice hockey is the fountain of youth!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    No.... Dressing is fun.... playing ice hockey is the fountain of youth!!
    well, playing hockey is what keeps my legs/calves in shape!

Yes, it makes me feel younger and I am happier. So, I probably look younger because a smile is better than the curmudgeon I normally am.

Quote Originally Posted by Paige. View Post
    Somethng else that came to mind about looking youthful. Most of you girls have firm looking breasts, like those of a teenager and the good fortune not to add weight onto your hips and thighs like many women.
    Silicone baby, it's all in the silicone!

No I think it's just that you get maybe one good pic out of 50 and THATS the one you might even consider posting. Believe me there's been times when I've loaded a group of pic's to the full screen of the monitor and scared the crap out of myself.

I do feel younger with more hair though...

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Paige,

I have been told that there is "no way" that I'm nearing 50 - from the way that I dress to the way that I act to the way that I look. I'm still goofy enough to skip around stores with my daughter, to ride shopping carts through the aisle, to even wear skinny jeans.

My long hair and makeup do seem to take the years off, though. As to the gravity-defying power of my attachments, yes, there is that to consider.

Kathi

As Arlene I look & feel 20 years younger, but maybe I need stronger glasses. e
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Paige
    How many years in appearance do you think you lose by dressing as a woman? Do you actually feel younger when you are en femme?
    [SIZE="2"]I feel younger when I dress, no doubt about it, mainly because I dress younger than my age. Not too much, mind you, but enough to discard my current form and slip back in time to the Elysian Fields of my youth. How can you wear mary-janes and not feel younger as a result? [/SIZE]

Hi Paige!
    Younger? Now I have to be younger too?
    Well, I tried a wrinkle cream, and guess what? It worked! Yep, I have plenty of wrinkles now!
    I tried to counter them by using vanishing cream. I couldn't see my face afterwards to put on the rest of my make-up!
    I am watching my weight too!
    The problem with that is, there is getting to be a lot to watch.
    So now you can see why it can be very tough to be a crossdresser!

don't know

I really push the limit in the way I dress. I know I don't look in my 20s when "all done up" but that's the style I love to wear. While I may not look so young, it sure makes me feel that way.

Platinum Member
    a little make up certainly helps. I probably look a few years younger. At this stage in life, I'll take anything I can get!

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Hi Paige,

I agree with everything you said I do think that I look younger, and frankly, that's another additional attraction to dressing. I reckon I look about 15 years younger (for all the reasons you mentioned - make-up covering weathered skin and wrinkles, wigs instead of no hair or gray hair, etc.) I know I feel younger that's for sure. So looking younger, feeling younger, feeling feminine, and enjoying tapping into a side of me that makes me happy and contented ..... so yeah, it;s easy to see why crossdressing is so enjoyable
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I don't think I look 60 whether I'm dressed female or male. But then again I can't find my glasses.

I think the make up helps a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Paige. View Post
    ...I know it is partly because of make-up covering weathered skin and wrinkles, wigs instead of no hair or gray hair, etc. But beyond the make-up, there is generally a more youthful countenance. Do you even realize how much younger you look? Do you see it in others?
    I believe this can be true for GGs too. I do look and even feel younger when I look my best. When I'm running around doing errands wearing jeans, an old shirt, hair pulled up in a ponytail, and not a stitch of make up, I know I look all of my nearly 44 years. Slap a nice outfit, heels, and make up on me and I've been told I 'can't be older than 25'. It's all in the presentation.
    [SIZE=3]SouthernBelle
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="1"]“Some things are strange to me, and some things are odd.
    But I don't condemn. If you can accept me, I can accept you.” ~Dolly Parton
    [/SIZE]

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake

Should we let them know, maybe they'll all do it!

I was out en drab recently and was told by a woman sitting next to my wife and I that I couldn't be 60 years old. She thought I was in my early 50's at the most. I was surprised at first, but I've taken care of my skin and never smoked, which can cause a lot of damage. So if I can already look 10 years younger than my actual age, I should be able to take a few more years off with makeup, hair and a nice outfit.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

is in her vest
    hmmm, i'm 50 in a few months....i agree with what southern belle says....many woman (and it seems tgirls) can strip years off their age just by getting all 'dolled up'.......as for the 'perky' breasts, i'm guessing a modified bra choice could solve that problem for all but the most buxom woman!

maybe for the average woman out there, its just all too much effort, and i can appreciate that.......i know that comfy clothes and straggly hair is just sooooooooo easy!!
    Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime. ~Potter Stewart