Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bee in my bonnet ...

Untitled

Bee in my bonnet ...

... aka another thread about pictures

How dissapointed would you be if the picture gallery was closed for ever?
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

I wouldn't be ............. but Debs would just die
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

HMMMMM well I'd be right there with Debs. I enjoy seeing almost as much as being seen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into... the Girly Zone.
    [url]http://www.facebook.com/Staci Grace

I guess I would just have to post pics on another forum

Then we'd have to link them to "flickr" or "webshots". I guess I better learn to link.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Doesn't bother me. I rarely post pictures anyway.

I like seeing the pictures, they show me that it is possible to look pretty and I also get an idea of what kind of outfits look good.
    if the pictures were to go away I would miss it a lot.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

not a big deal

This forum is so multi-facetted that it really would make no difference if one or another part left. Posting pictures on the web is so easy to do in so many places that it just isn't an issue.

tina

It wouldn't bother me an iota.
    Merry

HRT since 2009

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I like the pictures. It gives us a way to show ourselves.
    for those in the closet it's a great way to get some feedback.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Where are all these topics leading?
    I'm waiting for the big reveal at the end!

My time on the forum would be a lot easier

Pausing To Femme-flect melissacd's Avatar
    Not at all, it is about self discovery and not about seeing pictures of yourself. The pictures are helpful mostly to yourself in terms of helping you improve your look.
    What stop do I get off at? Hmmm...

Nigella

I do think i would more than just miss the pics.

I like being able to associate aface with the name...as i had mentioned to you.

i feel a bit closer to that person i am writing to if i can see them,,, or that side of them anyway. it is just my comfort thing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hugs, msniki48
    Blog
    http://nikishomeawayfromhome.spaces....x?sa=764853634

Minus the triple six.. :)
    Seriously? My, my we are fascinated with the pics now, aren't we?

It would not even matter in the least. You can post pics on almost any site these days, there would just be a bunch of links.

Is there something you're getting at with all of these threads? Kinda seems like they could all be merged together... (hint, hint,admins )
    I'm gone!

I know it would make the Mods lives/ jobs alot easier. If people would stick to the rules it would be unnecessary to close the picture threads. That is the point here, Right?

I for one like to scroll the photos. I love it when constructive criticism on make-up ect. is asked for and is taken to heart and the next pictures are 100% improved.

My
    Presh GG

Chewies sister-moulted!
    The same applies -
    would you miss it ?

Gold Member
    I don't think I would care.
    I look at them time to time but it is not the first part I go to
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

I suppose life would go on. The pictures here are really part of who "we" are and often a history of who we have or will become.

This forum went on without polls. It has lessened the forum in my opinion. But it went on.

Without photos, it would be like the BBS's of the 80's. It would make the forum less fun and less attractive to new members in general.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I think that it would make this a much poorer site. In fact, I would likely give up coming here. I think that a pic of the writer of a reply makes it feel more personal and friendlier and, if an avatar is used, I am less likely to skip over the comment.
    Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Super Amanda View Post
    Is there something you're getting at with all of these threads? Kinda seems like they could all be merged together... (hint, hint,admins )
    you mean a bit like all the "pantie, my wife does not approve, why do society hate us ?, I went out, etc threads " .. should they be lumped tog ?

I don't think Nigella is hinting at anything peeps, calm down
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

Little Ms Witch Hermione Simpson's Avatar
    Nottinghamshire UK or the minstry of magic
    Although I haven't posted photos in their regularly, when I have, I've liked reading what other members think of them, & to see if I should change anything, so I would miss that particular side, but has I could still put photos on my profile page here for people to see & also my facebook page, i would be able to manage, so i'm kind of 50/50
    Although i'm a witch, I can be nice as well (honestly)

http://www.facebook.com/people/Hermi...son/1527490088

Also check out my flickr page http://www.flickr.com/photos/hermionesimpson

I almost put "it would not bother me" as i do not have much to brag about when it comes to photos of myself, but then i realised that for me to put any type of picture of myself on here was a very big step and i can imagine that it was the same for some others, but i have no problem with the ones who are more photogenic showing themselves off , it is a bit like a television you have the choice to look at it or not .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Executive Transvestite KimberlyJo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigella View Post
    How dissapointed would you be if the picture gallery was closed for ever?
    If you're talking about the The Video and Picture Gallery section...I wouldn't miss it at all. I go in there from time to time and check em out, but it certainly isn't the main reason I come here. As far as the galleries we're allowed to maintain on our profiles, that's a different story. I like those a lot and think that not having them would take a significant piece away from this site.

Photos and CDers go hand in hand imo, and the ability to share them with our little community here is something that I treasure very much. You're pretty much the only people I can show them to for goodness sakes. It makes my closet feel just a little bit more roomy and a little less lonely

To be sure, I don't envy the admins and moderators who have to approve and reject every one of those photos. But I do appreciate their hard work in keeping this site civilized.

Stay classy CD.com!
    Last edited by KimberlyJo; 02-08-2010 at 05:09 AM.
    [SIZE="3"]Viva la Revolucion!![/SIZE]

If you can't be honest with your SELF
    Then you can't really live YOUR life.

Man ---- ME ---- WOMAN

Pictures in the Forum

No need to worry. if anything, be glad to know, if you already don't,that anyone can just right click and save all your pics for you and even post them anywhere without your permission.

Jeanna