Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One simple question or at least should be.

One simple question or at least should be.

If you are single and looking for a partner would you date the man of your dreams if any or a women?

if i like the person for who he/she is then its a go regardless of hes/hers sex or oriantation. in other words its all about chemistry.

so what ya'll think?

Agreed

[SIZE=4]I Totally agree. Being Bi makes the gender unimportant in a relationship if the chemistry is present.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Lilly[/SIZE]

You date with who ever makes you happy .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Time was, the idea of "dating" sombody of my same gender was not something I'd consider. I'd be very good friends, but, dating was out of the question.

These days, .... well ... thoughts have changed, as well as attitude. If a person makes me happy and they are also happy around me, then the idea of "dating" isn't a bad thing.

Some people close to me, (ie relatives) might not see it my way, but that's their problem NOT mine.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

Date anyone!!!

Adate is supposed to be a good time! Make it so..Getting more serious[moving in together]requires more thought and getting married requires a WHOLE lot more thought! You are young,so have fun with your sexuality..enjoy!

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by girlalex View Post
    If you are single and looking for a partner would you date the man of your dreams if any or a women?

if i like the person for who he/she is then its a go regardless of hes/hers sex or oriantation. in other words its all about chemistry.

so what ya'll think?
    I think chemistry is key, regardless of sexual orientation. I would caution against looking for "the person that makes you happy". You must first find happiness in yourself, grasshopper, before you can truly be happy with someone else.

In looking I would look for a woman.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Ditto for me, too. Why rule out half the dating pool?

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    I think chemistry is key, regardless of sexual orientation. I would caution against looking for "the person that makes you happy". You must first find happiness in yourself, grasshopper, before you can truly be happy with someone else.

lol ok Mrs miagee lol

Kim gurl thats cute Grasshopper tee hee

Minus the triple six.. :)
    Chemistry is important, but sexual orientation is going to dictate who you will be inclined to be attracted to.

How do you define chemistry? As a mutual positive attraction sexually? Or just mutual attraction in general. In the past, I got along great with guys as regular good friends, and liked to spend time with them, and had great "chemistry", but in a purely platonic way, since I am only physically attracted to females.

I think it's more a 50/50 mix of chemistry / biology.

I like to think I could love any person, regardless ( not irregardless! Lol!) of gender, but in my heart I know I can't be with a man. If that changes one day, I hope I'm around here to report how I came to be that way!
    I'm gone!

Guys are suck pigs and idiots... I'm surprised women put up with them. Hence no way would I date a guy. Hell I'm having a hard enough time just being one let alone having to live with another one the rest of my life!! Ick!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Normally i'd say women without any hesitations. But they made me weep so many times. Can't trust them. Great manipulators.
    Right now i'm considering the possibility to check the other side. Maybe i'll remain alone. Maybe I'll try to lose my illusions again with women. Dunno yet.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Amanda View Post
    Chemistry is important, but sexual orientation is going to dictate who you will be inclined to be attracted to.

How do you define chemistry? As a mutual positive attraction sexually? Or just mutual attraction in general. In the past, I got along great with guys as regular good friends, and liked to spend time with them, and had great "chemistry", but in a purely platonic way, since I am only physically attracted to females.

I think it's more a 50/50 mix of chemistry / biology.

I like to think I could love any person, regardless ( not irregardless! Lol!) of gender, but in my heart I know I can't be with a man. If that changes one day, I hope I'm around here to report how I came to be that way!
    SuperAmanda makes some excellent points. Who can really explain "chemistry". I think its just a term we apply when things click. I also agree with SA on the nature/nuture matter. Like Forrest Gump said "...I think its a little of both."

and because I'm in such an agreeable mood, I have to say that I cannot imagine living with most of the men I know...there are a few out there that I could imagine doing things with, however

Silver Member
    I'm looking for a man, but I wouldn't rule out a woman... I call myself gay, but I think it's more like bi, leaning heavily towards the gay side :-P

I started casually seeing this one guy... things are going well and he knows about the crossdressing (and has TG friends, and he's not too gay if you know what I mean ;-) )... but I'm kind of afraid that this one will end up in rejection. Just for the mere fact that it's one of the few guys I've dated that I really like and it seems too good to be true. And so far all the guys I've dated have been really in to me, so it's about time I get the "I'm just not that into you" speech.

I'm with Super Amanda here. I'd look for a woman. Chemistry is important, but when the chemistry is right with a man, for me this would lead to a good friendship. The reason is that chemistry is one thing and sexual attraction is another.

Speaking only for myself, I don't have it in me at the visceral level, so to speak, to be attracted to men in the way I am attracted to women, no matter how much the chemistry is right.

I remember that movie Chasing Amy and in one scene Amy, being bisexual, says that she doesn't want to rule out half the population in her search for love. What I found somewhat puzzling about this is that it made it sound like she simply chose to be attracted to both sexes. I've thought hard about this and for myself, sexual attraction to a particular sex doesn't seem to rest on my choice.

Yeah, chemistry. I think it's the individual person that matters, and the total package.
    Male or female doesn't matter that much, although do I lean a little more toward male.

Quote Originally Posted by jill_cd_girl
    it made it sound like she simply chose to be attracted to both sexes.
    At the risk of annoying a few people, IMHO, no you don't choose who you are attracted to, but you absolutely do choose whether to act on that attraction.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Ludwyna View Post
    Normally i'd say women without any hesitations. But they made me weep so many times. Can't trust them. Great manipulators.
    Right now i'm considering the possibility to check the other side.
    Sorry to say, bad experiences can happen on either side. But so can good experiences.
    Last edited by Andy66; 02-08-2010 at 03:24 PM.

I always enjoy reading posts like this and enjoying the spectrum of sexuality out there.

I'm out of the dating pool--happily married. But before I got married for the second time, I went through a great time when I'd socialize with other T-girls. I had an all-too-brief relationship with one of the CD's in our group. I still have fond memories of her.

So for me, the only guys that I'm attracted to are other CD's.

Minus the triple six.. :)
    Quote Originally Posted by jill_cd_girl View Post
    I've thought hard about this and for myself, sexual attraction to a particular sex doesn't seem to rest on my choice.
    Well said! I get your "Chasing Amy" analogy also.
    I'm gone!

He would have to be uber rich, have no body or facial hair and a body like Jennifer Love Hewitt, then I might consider dating a guy... but I'm married, so I guess I really wouldnt consider dating anyone.. but given the situation where I was back on the market again, yeah, I really like the softness of women... not the putrid, sweaty, hairy look of men...
    Even if you ARE the sharpest tool in the shed, your still a tool.

I think the key for me would be how they treated me. Would they accept me for what I am or would they try to change me.
    In theory I like women. Full stop. But who knows? Can't imagine it tho.

We are who we are and
    The heart wants what the heart wants...
    everthing else is just rationalization.
    No closet is big enough!

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Guys are suck pigs and idiots... I'm surprised women put up with them. Hence no way would I date a guy. Hell I'm having a hard enough time just being one let alone having to live with another one the rest of my life!! Ick!!
    If you had asked me not long ago I would have given you Karren's reply. But recently some things and some one has entered my life that has me thinking a lot about this topic.

The sure answer is I am married to a wonderful woman and I plan to spend the rest of my life with her unless she can't handle this transition then who knows.

In that case I would probably ask you gals if you knew any uber handsome, successful, witty, athletic men that would be interested in a tall, successful, smarty pants, high maintenance TGal.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

I am only interested on guys and I am pretty sure there is one out there for me..

I think sexual orientation goes a little beyond chemistry. If one likes GGs, one likes GGs regardless of what they are wearing, be it skirt or in drab. That's my case... (what does that make me, a heterosexual male or a lesbian CDer???) lol

Anyway, guess the same goes if a person likes guys, or even both guys and girls. People should go after what makes them happy, no holds barred!

Im weird tbh. I think im bi, i know im a bottom online, but i dont know if i could ever do something with another guy in real life. I think i could do things sexually, just never be romantic with a guy :/