Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Measuring Readability (or Passability)

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    A tall beautiful woman will attract lots of attention. I suppose some of those looks could be due to discovering I'm trans. How is one to know?

Gen

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    Instead of worrying that I am being read when people take a long glance I worry that I tucked my blouse into my pantihose or that I have toilet paper stuck to my shoe. Better yet the big piece of spinach from your veggie pizza on your front tooth. I have been known to do things like that. Its so embarassing!

See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

Eileen brought up an interesting point....how many times have you wondered about a GG you've seen somewhere? I mean, not to be a total jerk or anything, but I sure do see a lot of 'manly' looking gg's out there. They can't all be crossdressers. I know I shouldn't compare, but there are more than a few women I see out in the world who we transgendered folks compare quite favorably to.
    Like most crossdressers, I think I tend to be 'on the lookout' for others, and I can honestly say that I've only seen one or two crossdressers who are obviously guys. That said, statistically I think it's unlikely that in my fifty-five years on this earth I haven't had casual encounters with other dressers and that I simply didn't notice them.

As many have said, most people are too polite to even stare. But we're a curiosity to most, so if they've read us, they'll wait until we've passed, then turn around to get a better look.

So, maybe you can mount an inconspicuous rear view mirror to monitor what happens behind you But seriously, you could have a friend trail you to observe any reactions.

Most guys are pretty oblivious unless
    1. The girl is well put together, or
    2. She is exceptionally pretty, or
    3. She is provocatively dressed.

It's mostly women and kids who observe. Even so, most won't notice unless there's some obvious giveaway.

My ...

Mitzi

[SIZE=4]If you define yourself as being "passable" or not and depend on that to get out, you will never go anywhere. I know women who don't "Pass".[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Don't focus on passing but on being. Accept that you are the best looking and acting you can be this time and go. Learn from your mistakes and move on.[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

Quote Originally Posted by Genifer Teal View Post
    A tall beautiful woman will attract lots of attention. I suppose some of those looks could be due to discovering I'm trans. How is one to know?

Gen
    I don't think that's why Gen!! ..

at 6'2" myself, I feel you !

I use the modified Hutton scale

This is actually a simple scoring matrix using easily measured parameters while walking through the mall in high heals. It is a simple matter of interviewing the prime number of people you walk by (1st person, 3rd person, 5th person, 7th person...) and dividing their answers by pi X the days date. Any score higher than 1.0 signifies passing.

Seriously, I only pass at night as long as there is no moon at only at a distance.

If they ask if you are a man or a woman; you've been read
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Dancing in the moonlight Midnight Skye's Avatar
    I agree with the cute ladies above. Unless someone is laughing pointing or yelling and screaming its impossibly tough to tell if you're passing and better off not worrying about it.

I went out one day dressed in a manner which didn't aid passing one bit... and people and kids were more friendly than ever. I attracted a HORRID amount of attention though... but not one negative comment, with the odd exception of being accused of laughing like a "girl" as in a little girl. Come on! Woman can get girly when they want (sighs) --- But to aid my point... while I assume I couldn't have been passing at all people acted and treated me otherwise.

I even had a man stop me in the parking lot to give me his business card... even more stagger was him telling me his business was filled with good Christians (I think he thought I had come from church that night!)
    Last edited by Midnight Skye; 02-11-2010 at 03:15 PM. Reason: missing detail ;)
    Have fun and enjoy life.
    Skye

Don''t ask don't tell?

Don't know don't care.
    Well really, I know I don't pass, but I still want to be out sometimes. And so far, I have been treated fair enough, at least as long as I spend money, which works out as I love to eat out and go shopping! Not counting the two three times I was laughed at or the one time a young man yelled at me and I took off my heels and turned around ready to go! I guess he didn't want to beat up a 'girl' after all.