Thread: What would you do?

Untitled

What would you do?

Ok this is a hypothetical question, one for the transgendered and one for the SO of the transgendered.

For the Transgendered: You [SIZE="4"]HAVE[/SIZE]to do something to further the "cause" of the transgendered community. What would you do and why?

For the SO: Your transgendered partner [SIZE="4"]HAS[/SIZE] to do something to further the "cause" of the transgendered community. Would you support this? please explain your response whether it is in the positive or negative.
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

One thing I have done was write my congressman to urge support of LGBT issues. But other than that, the biggest thing I do is try my best to explain to people what transgenderism is, and preach tolerance and understand. I also confront anyone that says anything poor about the community, or makes lewd jokes about TG's or Gays and explain why I think its wrong. If we could all convince just one person that we are normal individuals, and not perverts or freaks of nature, then we would see a big difference in societies views of us.

One thing that always bugs me is when someone that is a CD will laugh with the crowd at other CD's to help themselves to stay in the closet.

I would probably try to organize some kind of event. Something open to everybody to see just how harmless we are

But I don't think anyone would come lol.
    removed

Interesting question, Nigella! My spouse isn't here to add to the conversation right now, but here's my 2¢ (.01£ UK) worth.

Four things come to my mind.

First, be comfortable with who you are. You can't care for others if you don't like you, so work at overcoming your own insecurities and your own "guilt."

Second, bring your crossdressing into the greater community in which you live, "normalizing" it (in fancy terms). An out-and-about friendly and caring crossdresser sets the image and tone of acceptability. "With you," not "at you."

Third, more crossdresser involvement in community affairs through volunteerism in generic, rather than "crossdresser" causes.

Fourth, open and honest presentations to college classes, community groups, and the like.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

I'd go shopping... Why? Because that's what I always do... May not further THE cause but it furthers MY cause..
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Platinum Member
    I don't know - maybe march in the annual LGBT parade

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I would make a video for youtube showing that I'm really just a normal person.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

I would get dressed up and go to as many malls as I could and interact with as many people as I could trying to explain my difference in self expression.

Pausing To Femme-flect melissacd's Avatar
    Educate the public, be an ambassador for the community
    What stop do I get off at? Hmmm...

put on a school girl uniform, and dance to britney spears songs in front of the white house, with a sign saying I am a man in a cute skirt, and I pull it off nicely too! So suck it!

or, maybe I would put on my finest dress, and shoes, and go rob some banks to help fund some TG support groups...

I dunno, I can barely further my career, let alone a cause...
    Even if you ARE the sharpest tool in the shed, your still a tool.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I'd go shopping... Why? Because that's what I always do... May not further THE cause but it furthers MY cause..
    You bet; I take my Charge card.......... And Charge.

BTW Karren Hutton;
    Glad to see your picture back. That Zambonie looked rusty, I hope that
    was no reflection on you. LOL Rader

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I'm trying to help organize a support group in my area and my wife has decided to let me do that, as long as I pay proper attention to her as my first priority.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I've already kinda done something "to further the cause" as you put it, with our TG support group the River City Gems. Six of us went to a college and we were the "panel" sitting before a fairly large class on human sexuality. We attempted to help educate them on just what it is to be transgendered. We asked their professor if we could do a presentation. We were asked lots of questions (the awkward and difficult ones you don't particularly want to answer too) but we all felt it was totally value added. Hopefully they'll go on to "spread the word"
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Morley View Post
    I've already kinda done something "to further the cause" as you put it, with our TG support group the River City Gems. Six of us went to a college and we were the "panel" sitting before a fairly large class on human sexuality. We attempted to help educate them on just what it is to be transgendered. We asked their professor if we could do a presentation. We were asked lots of questions (the awkward and difficult ones you don't particularly want to answer too) but we all felt it was totally value added. Hopefully they'll go on to "spread the word"
    That is so interesting and cool! I wish you would've come to my school !! I would've love to be there, & specially listen to the questions asked & the answers. Hopefully those that attended did "spread the word"

To further the cause of the transgendered community my wife and I have done the following:

helped produce and have appeared in several documentaries on national television to further the cause of transgendered persons and their significant others; and

over the past twenty years developed and led 39 Dignity cruises worldwide where transgendered persons and their significant others could enjoy exploring the world cruising enfemme in an accepting and supportive enviornement as well as at the same time educating thousands of people about our community.

Now it is time to retire and pass the baton to our younger sisters and brothers in the TG community.

Hugs,

Melanie
    I love being "gender gifted"! www.pmpub.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Morley View Post
    A bit off topic, I apologize in advance, but that is so motivating and cool! I wish you would've come to my school !! I would've love to be there, & specially listen to the questions asked & the answers. Hopefully those that attended did "spread the word"

I actively teach trans gender people self-defense at a reduced rate.
    When I hear people down grading trans gender I educate them.
    Every little bit helps
    SRS January 27

I have been thinking about the idea of trying to develop a private retreat. It would be the kind of place where we could all go and for a little while be completely relaxed, dressed as girls, and enjoy time with each other. Kinda like this forum only a physical location.

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    First, be comfortable with who you are. You can't care for others if you don't like you, so work at overcoming your own insecurities and your own "guilt."
    That would be more in my alley. I made a total misrepresentation of crossdressing to my wife because I was not understanding it myself at the time.

It is easier to fight for others than to be an example...

I know I will come out little by little to people, but I want to do it right and be confident.
    Sonia

Untitled
    This is not a hypothetical question for me. I am already out and about in the mainstream community showing to the whole world that there is nothing wrong with the transgendered community. This I have been doing for the last 5 years.

More recently, I have become involved in my trade unions LGBT activities.
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

Will try again

My original reply got lost in the recent glitch sooooooo will try again

Quote Originally Posted by Nigella View Post
    For the SO: Your transgendered partner [SIZE="4"]HAS[/SIZE] to do something to further the "cause" of the transgendered community. Would you support this? please explain your response whether it is in the positive or negative.
    Whatever Debs decided to do to further the cause of the community I would back her 100% .............. how can I be so sure ............. because I know she would do nothing that would embarrass or humiliate me or her friends in the community
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

Make it as matter of fact and as natural as possible. The less "in your face" the better I feel.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigella
    You HAVE to do something to further the "cause" of the transgendered community. What would you do and why?
    [SIZE="2"]I would keep doing exactly what I’m doing – staying out of sight and don’t bothering anyone with my so-called agenda. This is my take on the Golden Rule – I don’t want to be bothered by your particular choices in life, so I don’t wish to bother you with mine. What is the “cause” of crossdressing? To be able to walk down the street, in the clothes of your choice, head held high, and not incur the wrath or ridicule of an uneducated populace? For every person you may enlighten, there’s another who will be completely against the idea of YOUR personal freedom, regardless of how harmless it may actually be...

When someone says, “Oh, you really shouldn’t do something like that because*…,” I feel isolated, and, what’s worse, aware of the prejudices in society that are the platform for all exclusionist thinking. I’d rather keep my crossdressing private, and I expect others to keep their beliefs, choices, and opinions to themselves as well. Beyond the motives of crossdressing, my “cause” is to go through life un-noticed as much as possible. I’m not an activist or a group-thinker – I’m an individual who cherishes personal choice, and I'm dedicated to my own survival...

*I’ve heard that a few times (actually too many times)…[/SIZE]