Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you enjoy the discomforts of crossdressing?

Oh those damn clip on earrings! I usually don't notice how much it hurts until I take them off. And I bought a great pair of Guess heels from DSW (only $60? HELL YEAH) but when I wore them out and danced in them for 2-3 hrs, I was in P-A-I-N. And I hate the razor bumps, plucking my eyebrows (I dont even go 'all out' with them--probably because it hurst so damn much!), and, I never thought I'd ever say this, but I'm glad I'm not 'built well enough,' so tucking is unecessary.

However, I LOVE my corset. I love cinching it up, I love my narrow waist, I love my curves, I love that it makes my butt look fantastic (if I say so myself), and I love how clothes look with the corset on...beauty hurts!

The only thing for me thats painful is having to be in drab, especially when in public. BTW, I have learned that I dearly love the tight embrace of my new corset.

Sarah
    The most important kind of freedom is to be what you really are. When you trade in your reality for a role. You give up your ability to feel, and in exchange, put on a mask.

We are buried beneath the weight of information,
    which is being confused with knowledge;
    quantity is being confused with abundance
    and wealth with happiness.
    We are monkeys with money and guns.

Quote Originally Posted by melissacd View Post
    - stop using corsets and cinchers - not required
    Melissa
    I can sympathize with this quite well. I went on an outing a couple of weeks ago for about 5 hours and was wearing a waist cincher (not a corset) that had a metal strip (or bone) which the end was digging into the top of the side of my pelvis. It felt like my skin blistered and ruptured. The pain was burning and excruciating while driving home.

I find some of the " thingies" down right painful, but I still enjoy the appearance with useing them that they create.

I am really bad at getting things for my size , so they end up ripped or destroyed, because I insist on trying them on. Too tall for heels , my girlfriend is only 5' 6" without them I feel like Dennis Rodman in drag next to her.

The make up is really a chore due to the close shaving , then getting it in my eyes or wipeing the excess on clothing causing stains or change of outfits.

Forgeting just how fragile some clothing can be like nylons or satin and causing rips or runs.

But yes it is all worth it.

Who wanna go hang out ^-^ cutie_yami's Avatar
    But aren't most of the pain/discomfort mentioned standard for many GG's?

I don't enjoy my epilator, but I do love the results.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Like the discomfort? ... well, I'm not sure "like" is the word "tolerate" would be a better one in my case. Take my heels, I do like to wear high ones mostly 4" stilettos, and I do wear them out in public to our TG support group's socials, and I do have to stand up for quite long periods, and .... I really don't want to take them off if at all possible [SIZE="1"](because I like how I look and feel in them, plus I never have any other shoes with me)[/SIZE] so I always keep them on even if it gets "difficult" for me Yeah I know I'm weird
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Platinum Member

Pain & Pleasure

Hi Mina

Theres a thin fine line between pain and pleasure

Orchid

I am a like a lot of others here, I tolerate the pain and discomfort to attain the look and feel that I want and sometimes luckily obtain. I get no pleasure from it and work hard to fix it, avoid it or endure it so that I can be me out among the world.

The things we have to put up with to look good.

and lounge around in your silky, stretchy girl clothes, you feel as though you could stay dressed forever.....me too!
    If you feel the need to explain yourself. Smile and Educate. Be proud of who you are!

."ALWAYS, SIT, SPIN, AND TUCK ONE FOOT BEHIND THE OTHER....NEVER CROSS YOUR LEGS"

Emme as in "M"

I find skirts and tights much less constricting than trousers.

Silver Member

No, not at all.

Well, lots of women look forward to taking off their bra, but that's after MANY hours. The days of uncomfort for beauty are long gone. I grew up with that stuff. I remember stockings and garter belts, lace up girdles, long-line bras, white gloves all the time when out, sanitary belts, sleeping in rollers, and (ick) dress shields. I am SO glad that's all gone by the wayside.

Stephie

I think I know what you mean, it's that little something that reminds me what i am wearing, or the effort i put into it. A bra strap is a plesant discomfort. I wear a heart rate while biking and at the gym, I cant help myself, I want to check my sholder strap, feel like it sliped. Heres one more, Shave to close between your legs, get razor rash but still wear panties that rub my thigh, yea I could put on boxers, but I kinda like it.

I do find some discomforts In some dressing. But it worth the trip.
    Angie

Its a general rule of thumb. If its uncomfortable, you've obviously bought the wrong size.

Alex, I totally get what youre saying...

But to me they aren't uncomfortable, they're tactile reminders of that feminine feeling.
    Uncomfy at first, maybe. Untill your body is used to it.
    But I wouldnt wear anything that meant I would be in discomfort the entire time I wore it.

I hear what youre saying though, these things are totaly different in feel to your guy clothes, and its those differences that light you up inside.

I cant wait to get an underbust corset, it might not be comfy at first, but my body will get used to it, and I will enjoy it.
    Samantha -x-

Playboy girl at heart Bunny Girl Zoe's Avatar
    I find i'm comforble in woman underwear and clothes and more relaxed as find men clothes are of a discomfort more so jeans and the worse are men suites and ties can't stand wearing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenie S View Post

No, not at all.

Well, lots of women look forward to taking off their bra, but that's after MANY hours.

Stephie
    Ya, I agree. In even the most comfortable bra I'm ready for a break after a full day.

To be honest, almost all of my femme stuff is more comfortable than my drabs, so I look forward to putting on my girly clothes and such.

Interesting question, and in some ways I do enjoy the discomfort, I shall qualify below, as it is a constant reminder of my choices to crossdress.

1. I do tuck, and love the feeling of the completed act and the beautifully smooth abdomen I get from my methods, this is painful but a constricted feeling of everything held in place.

2. I adore the pain of weaing high heels on my feet after a few hours in them I adore the feeling personally

3. I hate the pain of returning to drab male clothes

4. I hate the pain of knowing it will be X days till I can become Gillian again
    Gillian.

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Aspiring Member
    I'm right there with you Mina.

The little aches and squeezes are very stimulating and add to the already wonderful feelings from dressing.

Add a little light bondage and I've arrived at heaven's gates.

Pausing To Femme-flect melissacd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cutie_yami View Post
    and hence that is probably why they do not do many of those things anymore...
    What stop do I get off at? Hmmm...

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by minalost
    Just to make it clear, I’m not into S&M of any kind. In fact I find pain to be an absolute turn off sexually. When in drab I usually go out of my way to be as comfortable as possible.
    That being said I find these tiny little discomforts to be stimulating. They are sweet little reminders of that fact that I’m dressing, and more importantly feeling, like a woman… or as close to as I’m ever going to get.
    [SIZE="2"]I’m not “into” pain, either, but I know what you mean about the discomfort of crossdressing. It only makes me aware of the difference, and my brain links the discomfiture* to femininity, so I become blissfully unaware of my situation. This is what I set out to do in the first place, after all. I actually dress quite comfortably, and male clothes are highly uncomfortable by comparison. Needless to say, I always feel better in my femme clothes. Earrings can be awkward, but the feeling of “something there” negates it. Wearing hosiery, a skirt, and dainty shoes lets the cold air in at this time of year, but I find it to be exhilarating. Feeling wonderful, however briefly, is always worth any inconvenience or distress one may feel. In a way, wearing women’s clothing gets you in touch with what women have been forced to put up with for centuries, at least in terms of wardrobe and appearance. It makes you wonder who has been calling the shots, and the answer is men, for reasons of containment. Perhaps we are in the midst of a golden era for women, and MtF crossdressers seek out their own form of containment to keep themselves centered in some way for reasons of personal happiness. I subscribe to that theory whole-heartedly…

*Not every day can you dust off an obsolete word! [/SIZE]

Problems Solved

I wear lingerie only---slips, stockings, panties---around my home all the time. I started with pantyhose, but felt them too restricting. Tried garter belt and stockings, and they are ok, but my vote goes for sheer, glossy, dark thigh highs pulled up as high as they will go. Depilating is a problem, possibly because I don't know the best ways. Tried liquids = take too long. Shaving with a razor yields little cuts that bleed a lot. Still can't figure out a way to do the package adequately, usually end up with cuts, even when I use an electric razor. I have fine hair, so I usually go without depilating, do so as a kind of "treat." I'm not built to dress in full, so I go without; I envy guys that are androgynous in appearance and can switch convincingly with ease.