Thread: I finally did it!

I finally did it!

after waiting for over a year with the only time out en femme being on a bicycle moving at 15-20 MPH bent over the handlebars, I finally got up the nerve to go out dressed! Trista & I had to get a bit of shopping done so we decided to hit the Super Target way up on the NE side of Wichita where very few people, if any would recognize me and think less of me as that's my biggest fear. went all around the store with only a couple of stares and oddly enough, no snide comments from the kids working there as that's the side of town where the kids think that you owe them something for doing their job. Afterward we hit subway & took advantage of the 5 dollar foot long special then headed over to a shop I've been dying to hit for a while, Honie's Wig & Beauty Supply. While there, I felt like a kid in a candy store with the sweetest little lady helping me, giving me TONS of advice, and making sure I picked a wig that would work with my face shape & not just fit my head. needless to say, the wigs (Trista said I could get two) will have to wait until later in the month. (C'MON TAX REFUND!!!) while "window shopping" a rather energetic lady came in & I instantly recognized her as a bus driver for the city's transit service. The only thing that I could think was "OMG this is the lady that drives the bus right by my house everyday & she's gonna recognize me!!!" she was wearing a cute dark wig with white frosted tips and wanted to pick up a slightly more subdued one, same style just more natural colored tips. she could tell we were there for me as she said she had the same Eva Gabor Duet II at home in her closet and we started looking & helping each other get the look of each wig we tried on just right (Awesomeness) . after that it was only 5 minutes to the house where Trista & I dressed down for the rest of the day, vegetating while watching Enterprise season 1. All in all. a most excellent first trip out of the house
    “While clothes may not make the woman, they certainly have a strong effect on her self-confidence — which, I believe, does make the woman."
    Mary Kay Ashe

Platinum Member
    congratulations. Going out in Wichita probably takes more courage than I could muster! glad you had fun!

Rachel - every experience like this will add to your confidence; every story like this adds to the confidence of every girl still trying to take that next step. Thanks for sharing your wonderful day with us. I know you can't wait until your next trip out.
    Wendy

Quote Originally Posted by JustWendy View Post
    I know you can't wait until your next trip out.
    Wendy
    Yeah, I'm bouncing off the walls right now. JuLo & I have been emailing back & forth and have been talking about meeting up for a girls day out
    “While clothes may not make the woman, they certainly have a strong effect on her self-confidence — which, I believe, does make the woman."
    Mary Kay Ashe

Hi Rachel, glad to hear the news! Congrats!! I went out for the first time just the other day. It's very liberating!

Congrats Rachel on your first real day out. Glad you had a great time.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Nothing like the fresh air of freedom.

P.S. That "Wichita Lineman"* is a perv.

*Glenn Campbell
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

You go girl! Now if I can work out a day, we'll do that together!