Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seeing only me.

Seeing only me.

I've been braver recently and posted a few pics of myself. So last Sat. I decided to put on my wig and makeup and take some shots with my face. But when I sat and looked at them, all I saw was myself. I have read many posts from gals who say nobody would recognise us when made up. Do you think its just me seeing myself, but anybody else wouldn't recognise me? Sorry this sounds confusing. I want to put my face on here like many of you.

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    Sometimes you just have to stop worrying and put yourself out there. You will be glad you did.
    I would be very surprised if any of my co workers came up to me and said they say recognized me from crossdressers.com or my youtube videos.
    If they did I don't think they would be in position to judge me.

I could just imagine "I was checking out pictures of crossdressers to see if there were any sinners that I know"
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

I think my pictures look exactly like me - just with longer hair, which softens the face a bit. However, when you put the whole package together - makeup, earrings, dress or skirt, add some roundness where you need it - while the pictures look like me, I also think they look like a picture of a girl, not a guy. If someone knew I was a member here and came looking for me, I think they'd recognize Wendy. But for people who have never seen me in drab, I think it's easier to accept the girl I'm trying to project.

Wendy

When I used to dress en femme, I showed people pictures of me and they'd say they would never have recognized me, which always shocked me cause I thought I looked exactly like me. But it was proven when I went out once and ran into some girls I casually knew and they didn't realize it was me till I took off my wig, and said hello to them.

The thing to remember is you see you because you're looking for you!
    -------------------------------------------------
    ~Riley
    Check out my trans themed standup on YouTube!

My Tumblr Blog

Julie Ann
    that is why i dont wanna put pics on here is because i know someone will recognize me and i dont wanna be outed..once i have a full on make over maybe i will post a pic but only if im confident enough to say that doesnt look like me..

Usually I wake up in the morning and always see the other side of me. Recently, I woke up one morning and saw a man in the mirror! As I only am clean shaven 3 or 4 times in a year that shouldn't come as a surprise. But usually I see Bethany somewhere in there! Scarry huh.

Platinum Member
    Many of us see the least in ourselves. That's why its nice to get tips and feedback from others, especially GG's. Believe me, they face the same challenge every morning.

A hairy dude in a dress Nigella23's Avatar
    I have thought exactly the same thing before. All I can see is me looking back. I don't have forms, or a wig and haven't used make-up for this reason, because I felt like I would still see "me" but just looking silly wearing a dress. So didn't think it would be worth going "all the way", just to be disappointed in myself.
    This just changed quite recently for me, I found a dress I really liked, and I mean really liked, not just in a, "wearing this is gonna make me look hot", kinda way. It actually empowered me, gave me confidence, since then other outfits have followed and whilst I still don't have forms or a wig, they make me feel like a beautiful woman on the inside. In my photo's I actually see a little of my mother, (in a non Norman Bates way! ), which has given me comfort, because I miss her dearly, and had she not passed away, I know she would have been very supportive of me now.
    Of course it was nothing to do with the clothes in reality, they weren't Wonder Womans, and hadn't given me special femme powers, it was my attitude, perception and acceptance of myself and who I am, and what I am doing.
    Disclaimer: I'm just sharing my thoughts here, and in no way suggest this applies to anyone else!

It's always myself Hon. Just a different aspect.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I use to feel the same way but as I began to venture out and came across people who knew me well, even saying hi to some of them none recognized the male side of me. There were a few that I told about my CD'ing who did not recognize me when they first saw me dressed and one person I fooled on more than one occasion. After these occurrences I realized that I did look different to others and that when I looked at myself I only saw what was in my mind and failed to see the woman that everyone else saw. Now I dont even worry about that and I simply go out and enjoy being Laura to the world.

Carbon-based Member eileendover's Avatar

Hiding in plain sight.

Well, Sandy, unless you have a visible unique tattoo, you probably don't have to worry very much.

Just be sure that your photos don't include any background objects (like your autographed poster of Bea Arthur) that could positively identify you.

Then, if by some strange chance someone actually stumbles upon your gurl photo, and shows it to you, just gasp and say "What?!? You think she looks like me? Well everyone is supposed to have a twin somewhere. You really think that looks like me?"

(tips from my "Man from U.N.C.L.E." junior spy kit)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by eileendover; 02-11-2010 at 06:55 PM. Reason: attached image

Wow, first I read a quote from "Garden Party" and now a reference to "Man from U.N.C.L.E." I'm taking a trip down Memory Lane tonight. Thanks Ladies. I now return you to your regular programming.

Wendy

My "friends", always hungry for a juicy gossip topic, would blab if they recognized me, and it would soon get to my boss, who would fire me, I am 100% certain. He's just like that. But I put my face out there anyway, because I look completely different en femme than in guy mode.

I feel the same way. I just see me with makeup and a wig. I just have gotten to the point that I don't care if someone recognizes me. Some of the transitions I've seen are amazing. But not mine.

Jasmine

Sandy,

If you are not ready, photograph yourself with sunglasses. It will preserve your privacy, but at the same time give some of the girls the chance to provide you with constructive feedback.

Don't get discouraged! When you are still experimenting it is common to just see yourself as a "man in a dress". It's an awful feeling, but you have to persevere and get past that.

How? Continue practicing, buying stuff, trying on different make-up, figuring out what works and what doesn't for your frame and style!

Atta girl!

[SIZE=4]Practice will take care of that. Many times I forget what I look like in drab so I always take a picture prior to putting makeup and then do makeup shots and more dressed shots. Then when my mind is clear (read that as the pink fog has lifted) I look back over the pictures to see how I can disguise myself even more.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Sometimes it works and sometimes it just doesn't, I still see the old guy peering back at me. Just cover him up with makeup...[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

I will say this, if you are afraid your friends or family will see you here then your friends must be like you.. If they aren't then don't worry.. In my case I thought about it for well over a year or more before I even joined this site.. I would read posts and look at what I could, and everyone here is in the same boat, no matter how daring they say they are.. I am only slightly afraid of my family or anyone I know seeing my face here and thinking they might could do something about it like tell the world about my cross dressing (that equates to murdering the pope??).. I do cross dress and if anyone were to pull up my site here anywhere I might be and ask me to explain I would sweat about it but I'd also tell them it looks like me, but what were you doing here on this site anyway?? Do you have a perverted side?? hmmm??? I always go back to that, exactly what or why were you there? Looking for some excitement?? Thinking about what it would be like to wear the coolest clothes in the world??
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

Platinum Member

Pictures

Hi Sandy

Some times when I take pictures they look like my sister.

Orchid

Ok girls, the next time I have some time to myself, I will put on the wig and makeup. Take some new pics and post them. Time is the problem, there always seems to be someone around the house, so don't hold your breath. I'm going to do it for the A-Team and myself. Thanks....Sandy

Don't you just love it when a plan comes together

Actually, when I see Ruth in the mirror I feel I am seeing the real me. In drab, there's just this guy who isn't really me.
    But I don't think you meant this, did you.
    Ruth and the old guy have a sort of family resemblance but I don't worry that anybody seeing Ruth here or in the street will recognise the old guy.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

General nuisance AliceJaneInNewcastle's Avatar
    When I look at my photos, such as the ones I posted in the Boy Mode vs Girl Mode thread, I still think that I look like the same person, but some people who haven't seen me but have seen photos of me don't recognise me.

When you first start, it might be true or it might not. As you get more practice, you'll still think that you look the same but nobody else will.

Deep in the Heart of Texas..okay..DFW area
    [SIZE=4]Sandy, good topic to bring up and I'm glad to see so many giving you reassurance and options to slowly come out in sharing who you are..[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]time and practice will bring out who you are.. there are a few threads where you post your first pic and then recent, to see how we have evolved.. I do that from time to time to remind me how far I have gone to improve.. and yes, I have lost most of seeing 'myself' in the mirror..[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]for some of us, our beginnings will be of our sister siblings or mother..then eventually that will change..and we become ourselves..[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]at the time I told my wife of my desires to dress, she said I would not be very pretty as I would look like my sister..(meany ) and yes at first I thought that too.. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]but when I showed her pics recently, she was flabbergasted on how I looked nothing like her..and not even me in drab mode.. she just said I was pretty..[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]that evolution has taken a bit over a year.. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]I share what others say if someone discovers you here "why are YOU here????" [/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]take your time, do a partial cover or anything to give you assurance..we will be here [/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]Hugs,[/SIZE]
    Marissa

"You better look hard and look twice,
    ...is that me, baby or just a brilliant disguise?"- The Boss

Deep in the Heart of Texas..okay..DFW area
    Quote Originally Posted by JustWendy View Post
    Don't you just love it when a plan comes together
    [SIZE=4]Hey..talk about nastalga (sp) as you mentioned earlier.. "A Team" qoute... [/SIZE]
    Marissa

"You better look hard and look twice,
    ...is that me, baby or just a brilliant disguise?"- The Boss

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE ORCHID View Post
    Hi Sandy

Some times when I take pictures they look like my sister.

Orchid
    I don't have a sister, but I see my cousin when I get all dressed up.

No one's going recognize you on this site, if they do, they won't say anything because they're here for the same reason you are
    removed