Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ever wonder?

I am sure I would be one of those "popular" girls that married guys point out to their buddies when looking back through old school yearbooks, lol.

If I survived high school and college, I would probably be floating on a raft in the pool in Miami or Vegas by now; having just completed some plastic surgery.

Hey, just being realistic...lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Strange because I'm sure who I would have turned out like

I've noticed my daughter and her mother, my sisters, and female work friends all have lifelines back to their early youth- friends whom they have known for years. As they share stories their own memories are kept fresh by the different perspectives and insights provided by friends

So, if many women maintain lifetime friendships and (here's a slight stretch) even seek to maintain similar lifestyles then I would have become like one of the (mostly female) friends of my high school and college years.

My best friend in college was a woman We spent more time with each other studying in front of a wood stove than anything else actually. There was sexual tension between us and that interfered with our other relationships but we never either of us tried to make anything we did "a date". We stopped seeing each other when her boyfriend and my roommate later girlfriend didn't get along. I presume she got married- that's what she wanted to do. Maybe I would have too and been able to were I a GG.

There two family of girls (now women) in particular that I remember- one with inherited wealth and the freedom it brings who ended as faculty at colleges. I've hung out with them several times over the years and dancing or talking with them is a rich, rich experience that were I a GG I would have tried hard keep up. Since they established careers and families close to one another they were able to maintain while I moved all over for a very long time and do not have deep roots. As a female my career would have been in academics with them, I'd not have moved and I'd likely be very much as they are today.

The other family's girls were each more enjoyable than the other. I was between the age of two of the three and they were my constant companions through late grade school and junior high. As a male, I would have gladly married either. However my family moved often, it was more difficult to maintain written letters and periodic, expensive phone calls and there were other local interests. If I were a GG, and my family hadn't moved I can't imagine we wouldn't still be close. Sometimes in a daydream I run into one of these sisters. As I imagine the meeting is unexpected and slightly unrecognized by either of us. We'd glance and advance, then restrain before we realized who each of us was. I'd hope the rekindled friendship would be possible even in the likely event that each of us was married. I recognize that sometimes male/female friendships among married adults can cause tension.

There- I've gone on again.
    Last edited by lavistaa62; 02-13-2010 at 01:12 AM.

I would have been a lipstick lesbian stripper or cam chat girl. Tease the guys, but go home every night to my girlfriend. At least, that's what the fantasy is.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Denise Rhodes
    Have you ever wondered or imagined how things would have been if you had been born a female?
    [SIZE="2"]Yes, all the time. Considering that I was conceived to mow lawns, rake leaves, and shovel snow, I would be doing just that whether I was born male or female. Such is my lot in life. If I had been born female, I’d be the same as I am now, but probably FtM, since into each life a little crossdressing must come…[/SIZE]
    Last edited by Frédérique; 02-13-2010 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NathalieX66 View Post
    I honestly don't see how this question works. I could have been born a dog, or a tree, or a horseshoe crab.
    And like any living creature, you adapt to the circumstances you're born with.
    Sorry for meddling, dear, but are you an engineer? Though I agree that you are conceptually right, I wonder, haven't your ever asked a "what if" in your life?

- What if I were born female?
    - What if I had more money?
    - What if I had gone to college in a different place?
    - What if I had majored in IT rather than marketing?

None of this is rational, of course, but then again, that's the beauty of imagination. It doesn't have to make ANY make sense sometimes! Just let yourself go with the flow!

xxoo
    Gabi

I am what I am. Spending time wondering what could have been is wasting time. I spend my time thinking about what could be instead of could have.

Quote Originally Posted by NathalieX66 View Post
    I honestly don't see how this question works. I could have been born a dog, or a tree, or a horseshoe crab.
    And like any living creature, you adapt to the circumstances you're born with.

To say I wish I was born female is another issue entirely. I was never granted the chromosomes, hormones, or the physical parts of a female when i was born, so I have no idea what I would be like personality-wise as a female, but I know Iwould still be me.
    I have to agree with Nathalie here. Perhaps a more relevant question: what if you had decided to transition at an early age? I often think that if I were in high school or younger now (rather than in dark ages when I was that age), I would have considered it. Funny thing is that I probably be doing the same academic things I do now -- just a being lot more comfortable doing it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Wondering

I think about it alot. I was born to early when crossdressing and M2F was taboo. I woul have liked to be a growing up teen age girl wearing those short mini dresses and constantly trying to pull them down even just a little. Over the year I have acumulated lot of womens clothing. My wife said that "You should have been a GIRL" and she also said "You have more womens clothes than I have". I think I am becomming obcessed with being a Crossdresser, as I am checking out 3-4 womens clothing websites every day, and also log into Inside Curves on the Lane Bryant website. I suppose that I am making up for lost time as I think it would be far easier to be a crossdresser and be in my teens or twenties now that it was in the 1950's or 1960's when I started trying on my mothers things.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/76795368@N07/

International Men Can Wear A Dress Too Day, Tuesday, May 15 2012

I guess if i was born a real girl i would be dressing up in mens clothes now, and being "bob" on my weekends. But hey, who said things would be easier!!

Chewies sister-moulted!
    Now this is what I call a thread !
    Thought provoking to say the least . This subject has certainly awakened a reality that may haunt ..... think about it , take a personal view ..... but with a difference - a reality in stark contrast to our REAL gender.

In view of all of the foregoing reflections, I think it's easy to see why we are all exactly who we are supposed to be, fate or chance notwithstanding. Sometimes the world and we ourselves need balance and being all of one or the other is not necessarily a perfect thing (or even realistic).
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

If I'd have been born 100% female then I'd probably have ended up being a rather conservative, religious woman and something of a geek (although I'm kind of a geek anyway). I probably wouldn't have met half of my friends although I'd have probably found it much easier to look for a boyfriend. Either that, or I would have remained TG and probably gone towards the FTM end of the spectrum.

Although I have often felt bad in the past about being TG, I'm starting to see it as a gift in its own right. Had I not been born TG, I would have had no cause to do a lot of soul-searching and self-discovery and I would have had no cause to question the unspoken rules and assumptions of our society.

Now, if I suddenly became a woman who still had the memory of my male life, then that would be pretty interesting/awesome.

Interesting speculation . . .

I probably would have become an engineer, just as I am today. Growing up in the ‘40s and ‘50s, I would really have been in the minority, as back then engineering was very much a male occupation. But Mom had earned her master’s in zoology in the ‘30s and I’m sure would have encouraged a daughter who appeared technically inclined.

I probably would have married only after starting my career; nevertheless I would have wanted to be a mom and later, grandma. I would have dressed well, and could have done a lot more indulging my fondness of all things pretty and feminine.

I have to ask myself . . . Had I been born female, how would I have fared if I had married a CD? Sorry to admit, but in my younger days I was a quite conservative and overly opinionated soul. Probably rather poorly. (I had enough trouble back then co-existing with my own CDing.) Only well into middle age have things fallen into perspective for me. Now I accept and enjoy who I am. So today if I was a GG, I would undoubtedly be accepting, understanding and participating with my CD man.

Daisy