Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Office Joking???

Office Joking???

I was in a coworkers office today. She is an interesting girl, as she really resembles Barbie. Anyway, she has a habit of leaving clothes in her office from time to time. I have no idea why. Today she left two beautiful cocktail dresses there hanging on the door. As I was using her office to work today my boss came in and started joking with me. He takes a look at the dresses and asks me if there is something he should know about me. I just laugh and shrug it off. But he continues to kid about it. I finally say, " well if you really want to know...". He then cuts me short and says, " don't say anything more". He then leaves the office. What do you think was going on there? Does he know about me, but really doesn"t want to know? I am puzled by it.
    Tiara

He could know something or as he was joking he left before you could turn the joke on him.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Platinum Member
    yeah. I think there's something to it. I can't help but think he was creating a don't ask, don't tell moment.

It sounds to me like he was joking at first, but he didn't want to hear anything too personal. If you told him you were a crossdresser or any of a number of other things, and if you were ever fired, you might say you were fired because of being a crossdresser. If he's smart, he doesn't want to open himself up to that sort of possibility.

I agree with Anne, he realized, his joking was way too personal and backed out while he still could. That being said, what do you believe would be things that would suggest your are a cd to the casual observer?

Tiffany

I'd say he was just joking with you.....and really doesn't want to know TMI, sounds like a good guy to me...

Ummmmm, Is he married?
    [SIZE=3]Karen[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I really do have the...Right To Be Wrong.. [/SIZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkSTG...eature=channel [SIZE=2]and my mistakes will make me strong![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Just call out my name...and I'll come running...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SxTo...eature=related just lovin classic JT again...[/SIZE]

Suggestion I'm a CDer

Quote Originally Posted by tifftg View Post
    I agree with Anne, he realized, his joking was way too personal and backed out while he still could. That being said, what do you believe would be things that would suggest your are a cd to the casual observer?

Tiffany
    I am unusually thin for my age, sensitive, and soft spoken. I am not much into sports. That's it.

It could be like the military "Don't ask and don't tell program". OR He may have went someplace he really didn't want to go, but did not know where that place was, but knew that he did not want to be there.

Do you use office computers for this site? Are the computers monitored??.......These questions might answer yours.................
    [SIGPIC]

Banned Read only
    Western Upstate NY, on a Lake Ontario city
    Personally Tiara I think you were being baited big time, and there was more than a possibility of it being a setup to get you to fess up, including the convenient leaving behind of "cocktail dresses" on the back of her office door??? Who the heck does that unless they have to change from work to go do a cocktail.
    It was convenient that he happened to come into "her' office where you were working and just happened to start joking about dresses being there and baiting you to see your reaction, however he was not prepared to hear your partial comeback.
    Nevertheless I think he heard from you what he needed to know. I would not trust that scenario at all, including Barbie doll. Lay very low on the CD subject and I'll tell you what i tell everyone when they have a moment of weakness and just about to burst with the truth... " Once you tell someone, you CAN'T take it back!
    Megan

Maybe you should put the dress on next time and see how he reacts
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Tiara,

From reading your post, it sounds possible that the boss thinks you're sleeping with the "Barbie" co-worker. He'd badly want to know (because she's hot), but wouldn't want to know, because he knows it's none of his business.

I may be way off base here, but think this could be the case?
    -Sedona

Quote Originally Posted by Sedona View Post
    Tiara,

From reading your post, it sounds possible that the boss thinks you're sleeping with the "Barbie" co-worker. He'd badly want to know (because she's hot), but wouldn't want to know, because he knows it's none of his business.

Great point, this takes a whole new angle!

He probably knows there is something up but doesn't have a clue what it is. Most likely he was hoping you'd give him a clue. Keep him in suspense, deny nothing and admit nothing.

Hannah

I think it was "Barbie"...in the conference room...with the candlestick. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tiara,

Yeah, I agree with this. I don't think his first thought is that you wear the dresses.

I was waiting for you to write that you tried on "Barbies" dresses! lol That would be fun.
    Life's too short to not do the things that make you happy.

I am with Karen on this one, I have had a similar sort of response myself once maybe twice over the years to unusual items abandoned by collegues that are somehow left in my area or around my office, not once have I had anything provocative of mine, but still I was the butt of humour from a collegue or superior and I also did like you and when pressed do the same, well if you really want to know, and it was met with the same,,,nuff said,,, as I feel you call the bluff of the humour in going that route.

I would not worry over such a thing it is our inside knowledge that makes us feel guilty not anything anyone else knows.
    Gillian.

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Tiara,

Sedona came up with the best theory. Boss thinks you two are messing around.

Even though I am gay but in the closet, at work twice people have thought I was messing around with GGs there at the company. (I'm single so don't get on me!) Anyway I think sometimes GGs like kinda androgeous guys but I did not mess around other than hanging out after work...but its great cover for everyone to think your a stud! Throws em off track on ever thinking we might be Tgirls and/or gay.

I think, that if you are doing your job to the best of your ability every workday, there should not be an issue. Maybe your boss thought the office was unoccupied and wanted to go in and touch and feel the dresses himself in private. With out your boss specifically stating his business for comming in the office, it's hard to say what was on his mind. If nothing else is said, then I don't think there is anything to worry about.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/76795368@N07/

International Men Can Wear A Dress Too Day, Tuesday, May 15 2012

Methinks he was joking.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

More info

Barbie is an avid reader and is always leaving books in her office. I should add that a few years ago "Barbie" left two books in her office by the author Tama Janowitz. The title of the books : Slaves of New York and The Male Cross-dresser Support Group. Coincidence?

Banned Read only
    Western Upstate NY, on a Lake Ontario city
    No coincidence at all... my first instincts were right. Read my first post above, I think she has you pegged.....so freakin what!

Well...I was wrong looks like. She is on to ya. Good luck sweetie.

A question comes to mind -- Has anyone here ever told someone they were a CD, knowing that person would simply think you were joking? I do it all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara918 View Post
    A question comes to mind -- Has anyone here ever told someone they were a CD, knowing that person would simply think you were joking? I do it all the time.

I do that all the time at work! LOL! I love the puzzled looks I get, me and one of the nurses I work with have a running joke that we borrow each others clothes. New people always give us a puzzled look...

But I'd say the guy was smart and realized he didn't need or want to know the answer to his joking... Rather tactful if you ask me..