Thread: Doing my own thing anyway.

Doing my own thing anyway.

For Halloween 2009 I put a great deal of time, effort, and money into my costume. I wasn't "passable" but that wasn't the point. I had always wanted to wear a very frilly dress with crinolines, very, very, dramatic "drag queen" make-up, and just go a little over the top with my whole look. So I did. I posted my pictures on this forum a few days later like many of you girls did. I got three replies-3
    i was crushed. I felt like a cross between someting the cat dragged in and a red headed stepchild. I quit this forum and haven't posted since then.

Fast forward to today.

I'm sitting at my computer as I type this wearing my black patent mary janes, knee socks, a miniskirt I just bought today, my forms, a great deal of garish blue eyeshadow, and far to much BRIGHT red lipstick. I don't have on any other make-up, I haven't shaved today, and all my wigs are put away. In short I look ridiculous.

Why am I bothering to post this.

Because I discovered that whether or not anyone else likes, doesn't like, doesn't notice or ignores the way I choose to crossdress doesn't matter in the least. Having fun, feeling pretty, and making myself happy is what being Stacye is about.

So there
    [SIZE=3]Stacye Rose[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Cleverly disguised as a normal contributing member of society[/SIZE]

I must have missed your Halloween post, Stayce, because i have a particular passion for crinolines and would have remembered seeing your photo.

Yep, you're right, sometimes you've just got to please yourself.

As Rick Nelson sang in "Garden Party:"

"But it's all right now, I've learned my lesson well
    You see, you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself."
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Smile You go gurl!

I wasn't here last Halloween, but I have noticed there is a LOT of traffic on the forums. I can't keep up.

Love yourself, love others and love will come to you.
    [SIZE="2"]
    I give you a new commandment, that you love one another.
    Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another.
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="2"]
    John 13:34
    [/SIZE]
    Find me: Google+

Yep that's what is all about. We all like different styles, levels of dress and degrees of openness.

Cool that you are doing what you like to do Hon. I'm not sure what your point is other than you feel no one paid attention to you before. I think many others, like myself, just plain missed your posting last time for one reason or another.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Silver Member
    Good comments from previous posts. To that I add, no matter what choices you make in life, YOU must always be comfortable and confident with yourself!

Stacye, it is very common for members to miss a thread as this board is so dynamic. My goodness, I would hope you wouldn't come here because your post was poorly supported. I think we all have had posts that we wanted great feed back and got a lukewarm feed back.
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

[SIZE=4]Unfortunately I believe many of us rely on this site as our major support in our CDing. That is not too helpful since we all are pretty much in the same boat.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]We try to be supportive and respond to as many posts as we can, but there just isn't enough time in the day to respond to all.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]I too have had the same sort of feeling in the past until I learned, just as you have, that you are the most important person to keep happy, not some forum member. I just go on the best I can and respond as best I can and hope for the best.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Sorry I missed your post, I generally respond to most such posts simply because I understand how much effort it takes.[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

Aspiring Member
    I hardly ever comment on picture posts, unlike this forum where maybe 5% get my usual self-deprecation or a one liner.

Platinum Member
    I think you've discovered something important - dressing is a personal act - its for you. Some of our group are fortunate enough to be farther along the continuum of passability... (is there such a thing) than others, and most don't even try cause it just ain't happnin. Maybe some of us can look in the mirror and see what we want, but regardless, as its stated over and over again, this is for you in your life. Other people's opinions don't matter - unless you ask for them.

Just as the others have said, please yourself...BJ

A political victory, a rise of rents, the recovery of your sick or the return of your absent friend, or some other quite external event raises your spirits, and you think good days are preparing for you.

Do not believe it.
    It can never be so.

Nothing can bring you peace but yourself. Nothing can bring you peace but the triumph of principles.

Borrowed from Emerson.
    Sonia

Way to much information

The reason I started this thread was to share my realisation that I have finally come to the point in my crossdresser life that I have told Mrs. Grundy to go fly a kite and where she can put it if it doesn't fly.

Please understand that I'm not at all concerned with the lack of responses to my pic's. Yes, my feelings were hurt, but I got over it. I was trying to illustrate how childish and silly I can be, and show my inate tendency to overeact any time I get my feelings hurt.

In these past few months I have been coming out to all my friends who didn't already know about Stacye. In the last few day I have told the last two friends I hadn't already told. One is a VERY consevative Christian lady, and the other has a tendency to start talking before her brain is in gear. I received the response I expected from my christian friend, our friendship is strained but not broken. Miss Motormouth did not react at all like I expected. She was shocked! Even though she has seen me wearing acrylic nails for the past 4 months and she is well aware that I know far, far more about "girl things" than any other man she has ever known, she had no idea I was a crossdresser. It ain't just a river in Egypt folks.

The reactions of those two people and the relief of having my last foot out of the closet is what prompted me to start this thread. If it somehow helps someone else with coming out issues-Great, I'm still going to break own path and follow my heart.
    [SIZE=3]Stacye Rose[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Cleverly disguised as a normal contributing member of society[/SIZE]

Stacye: Sometimes there are so many posts out here that it is hard to read them all. I try to post on all that I read and I don't remember that far back to know if I posted on yours. If I didn't, then I didn't see the post which could happen. I don't care what others think I dress for myself and I believe that others do as well. It is nice to have some recognition from our sisters especially when we go through all that trouble. If I didn't post on your thread, I'm sorry I didn't see it and would love the chance to see it if you don't mind posting again.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

It has to be for each one of us

In truth, this lifestyle is the pits!

If we don't do all this for some reason deep inside of ourselves then we are pure masochists (ok, some of us might be that too, and that's ok!!!), and that's why it's impossible to criticize anyone for their opinions (unless they are unlawful!) because we all must find our own way.

Welcome back and I'm glad you enjoyed that Halloween!!!

tina