Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How long have you hidden your crossdressing from your wife

I've got to jump in in support of Leslie's answer. I'm a closet dresser, waiting til every-one is out of the house [retired] to indulge my inner self.
    But my wife has asked me often enough if I'm not secretly gay or if I wouldn't rather be a woman to make me wonder.
    It's that spidey sense of self-preservation that women have and men under-estimate....

Was married for 9 years - my wife went out of town and I took the opportunity to be Dee for 4 days after I dropped our kids off at daycare. I went all the way - shaved legs, chest, arms, underarms - when she came home and saw me sans hair - i had some explaining to do... told her i was trying some hair removal products for her - since she hates shaving.

About a year and a half later when the inlaws were in town for a visit - we were going out to eat and I discovered that I didn't have any clean underwear - which I mentioned to her - there were 3 options 1) her run to the store and get some for me (too far) 2) wash a load of whites quick - wouldn't have worked due to time 3) wear a pair of her old maternity panties... I went for #3.

Later I commented to her on how comfortable they were - She replied keep them...and here's 5 more pair! That lasted fine for a few months - then I pushed a little further and actually bought myself a package of panties and she found them in my underwear drawer.... some pretty hurtfull things were said and then they all dissappeared.

We haven't brought it up since (7 years ago now) and I keep my supplies hidden in the one place I know she won't dig in the garage.

Dee

It took me 10 years to confess that I crossdressed, but I'm sure that she must have suspected something before then. There had been episodes of role play and gender bending in the bedroom, which must have had her wondering; but it wasn't until I appeared before her in skirt and opaque tights did we have that conversation. In contrast to many others, there were no angry outbursts, only assurances of being loved. However, and it is a BIG however, she made it very clear to me that I needed to seek help for this 'problem'. We saw a Christian counsellor, but that was a waste of time and the marriage became fragile.

I promised her I'd stop and I actually did for almost 2 years thanks largely to the impact of anti-depressants that I was taking which really did dull the urge to cd. We then had a period of about 7 years where the subject was never raised, but I was increasing my level of cd-ing. I bought my first shoes, bras and dresses. I also started to venture out to private locations fully dressed, but without make up or wig.

Then 12 months ago I accidentally left out a pair of shoes and that, plus shaving my legs while she was overseas, brought it all up again. We have reached a fork in the road where I have been told to stop or our marriage is over.

The entire marraige, 1969 - 2002. My wife died in late 2002.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

South Wales UK, the land of sheep worriers
    My wife and I have been married for 13 years, but were together for 9 years before we got married, although we did not live together. Before we got married I broached the subject of CDing when we watched a film about a CDer (Just like a woman). She told me she could never live with a "man like that" and said if I was like that our marriage would be over. Since then there have been a couple of close calls, like the time I got back from a business trip and unpacked my bag in the bedroom. As I was alone I realised I had a bag with a pair of panties, bra and stockings in it. The panties and bra were worn and soiled and I hid it in my drawer to sort out later. Before I could do that my wife went to put away my clean washing in the drawer and found them. I had to make up a story about finding the bag next to the car in the car park, putting it in my bag to try and trace the owner later but not having looked in it to see what was there. I don't know to what extent she beleived me but it was close!

My fiance has always known in one way or another. We've been together for a year and threeish months and she is 100% ok with it and even was the one who encouraged me to act on it. She is the greatest ever!