Thread: Do you do femme things w/o realizing it?

Do you do femme things w/o realizing it?

Right after we were married, my wife made a comment to me that I shouldn't stand with my legs completely together, that's "not how a guy stands, he stands with his legs apart!" she would tell me.

Well, hey, I'm a guy and that's the way I stand. LOL

Deep down, I thought to myself that standing with both feet together is me bringing out a femme trait without even realizing that I'm doing that.

I make no apologies for standing the way I do. I just have to put up with the occasional comment that I'm not standing like a guy, even after almost a decade and a half of knowing her. sigh.

how about you, do you unknowingly do femme things/gestures w/o even knowing about it 'til someone points it out to you?

Michelle,

All the time. I have to conciously walk and talk like a guy...i work in construction sales....i tend to curse too when around the guys...talk about over compensating....lol

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hugs, msniki48
    Blog
    http://nikishomeawayfromhome.spaces....x?sa=764853634

All the time...
    Gestures, posture, tone of voice, spoken comments, etc, etc...

I am definitely not 'one of the guys'...
    No closet is big enough!

Hi there

All the time according to my wife.

Geneva

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44936757@N07/

I don't think I gesture at all although I might and still not notice. I do dress and do girly things. At my last auction I worked as a spotter and my hair got in my eyes so I pulled it back with another band. I was approached by a gg (teen) who pulled them out because she said I had my hair in pigtails.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Was having lunch with some of my colleagues the other day, and the topic shifted to what kind of drinks do we prefer.

The answers ranged from beer to various liqours, to which I answered that I prefered white wines and cocktails, and the comment i got was, "That's quite a feminine choice".

I noticed Ido tend to stand with one hip thrust out, hand on hip. I also tend to rest my chin on the back of my hand, ala femme. I have to make a conscience effort when at work to cross my legs "like a man".... sigh... what a bummer.
    also, when Iam talking w/ someone and they are relating something of importance to them, (either good or bad), I will well up w/ tears. But, I still prefer bourbon on ice as an adult beverage of choice.
    [SIZE="2"][/SIZE]

Desiree

femme things we do....

i find myself standing with my legs crossed while standing..the way i hold my cigarettes, always crossing my legs now, not going out of the house without makeup...taking better care of myself among others which are eluding me at the moment...lol ta ta for now...love all of you

Hi Michelle,

You bet I do and at time it can be quite embarrassing. When not traveling I work form home and am usually dressed as Nicole during working hours. Being a typical woman, I can be very vain, and have a mirror mounted on the wall behind my desk so I can look up and check my makeup. Well, this is all well and good, except when I am on a conference call and start talking in Nicole's voice.

It's kind of a funny coincidence for me, but my ex gf just mentioned this to me this afternoon. She said that the way I move and gesture, and my facial expressions are more feminine when I'm crossdressing. This kind of surprised me, considering I've never consciously tried to act feminine while dressing.

I guess I've got a lot more girl in me than even I knew.

Generally, when I sit on a bus or a subway, I tend to put my thighs together - and I have had others comment "that is how a girl sits..." and often when I do get upset at work, I can either start to tear, or start talking with my hands, which I then have to overcompensate by cursing and swearing....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"] Be who you are, since that is all who you can be! [/SIZE]

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Girly mannerisms? ... yeah quite often actually. I've even had people at work occasionally comment on it
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle1
    ...how about you, do you unknowingly do femme things/gestures w/o even knowing about it 'til someone points it out to you?
    [SIZE="2"]Well, I always sit with my legs crossed, and I usually stand with my legs together as well. I observe characteristic male gestures and try to avoid repeating them. The effect is subtle, but some people do notice I’m “different.” I especially like to go against the grain in an all-male environment, but I do this somewhat unconsciously. Years ago a young woman educated me about body language, so I use mine to express my anti-masculine bent… [/SIZE]

Beats me Hon. Something we do being "masculine" or "feminine" is basically an opinion anyway. How much that is "worth" depends on us really.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I get told I sit like a woman (or like a gay person depending on who says it!). I also type like a woman I've been told. On some occasions I've even dressed like a woman

Demographics are a pain in the arse!

I constantly have to be sure I am a manly man when in drabs, since I live in a real rural backwoods area, where narrow minds and extreme prejudice rule. Heck, these folks here still hate yankees and let that be known very verbally!

All the time. Whenever I throw a punch in a bar fight, my wrist flaps in the wind on the way to its target. When I'm wrestling a bear I tend to restrain it daintily, and I tend to make high-pitched squealing noises whenever I bench press. Oh, and when I pee standing up, I do so with my legs together.

Here are a few things: when I sit, no matter what I'm wearing (usually pants) my wife tells me I 100% of the time smooth my 'skirt' when I sit down. Once seated, my ankles are either crossed to the side or under me/under the chair. When I get into a car, I sit first then spin my legs in. And...I haven't been able to pee standing up since 1971 (lets just say its messy if I try...)

Jenn

I did the laundry once... Does that count??
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I did the laundry once... Does that count??
    Depends - did you fold and fluff after everything was dry?

Wink

Yep. Always have, probably always will. Dunno why.

Crossed legs

I've always crossed my legs in the femme way. I also tend to curl my legs up under me when I sit on the sofa at home. Always have.
    Mina Lost aka Lynda

All the time. I catch myself expressing female mannerisms all the time and sometimes have to correct myself, depending on who is around. I do the same as others have stated, by overstating my masculine side. Unfortunately my overstating includes belching, cussing, and scratching down there. Ewww-not polite at all!

Smile

caught my self a couple times.
    nobody has said anything.

just enjoying each and every sunrise,
    can never get to many of them.

loni

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

That's why Tina is so important

It's really not physical traits but emotional, organizational, and empathetic traits that seemed to not fit the normal male stereotype that were always so confusing. It was all a jumble and Tina is the catalyst to sort all that out. This is the fundamental reason that I need to know who Tina is. As many here have said, it's not a frill, it's a clear necessity.

tina