Thread: Spin off

Spin off

Going on from Presh GGs thread here

How many of you that have wives/partners that know about you being transgendered, know about the FAB forum we have here?

Have you told them about it?

Would you like them to join and why?

Do you not want them to join and why?

Finally for those who has wife/partner that is a FAB member, do you think it has helped them in understanding/supporting etc you, and the trans community?
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Platinum Member
    I told my SO about the site and the FAB forum, but so far she hasn't gotten around to joining in. I'd be fine with having her. Our relationship is (I think/hope) pretty solid. Still, I am sure she'd learn a few things and could share a lot of insights from our lives and her own perspective.

My wife has known about this forum almost since I first joined. She has said she always wished she had someone to talk to about my gender issues. I have suggested a couple of times that she join too because of the FAB forum, but to the best of my knowledge she still hasn't. She works on the computer all day and always tells me how much she hates being on it during her off time though.
    If clothes make the man, I must not be one.

If men are from Mars and women are from Venus, I am definitely from Earth. Somewhere in the middle.

Originally posted by Inna
    If you find your self in pain, yet not able to stop the pursuit, rest assured, you are on the right path
    You may call me Dana B

Still in denial

I've mentioned, without pushing too hard, the idea of her joining a support group like the FAB. She has been fairly adamant against it though. Frankly, I think she's still struggling with it, and maybe in denial about the whole thing.
    Mina Lost aka Lynda

My wife knows of a similar forum elsewhere. She joined, but never posted.

She says she doesn't need to.
    DonnaT

Thank you Sandra !

You said it much better than I.
    Presh

How many of you that have wives/partners that know about you being transgendered, know about the FAB forum we have here?
    Yes she knows and is a member of FAB, My Wife actually found this forum, not sure how i didnt come accross it searching hign and low about me.

She found out on her own, wish I would have told her

Finally for those who has wife/partner that is a FAB member, do you think it has helped them in understanding/supporting etc you, and the trans community?
    Having my wife as a member here has really helped with the communications. We can agree on something or I may have to explain some and relate it to me. And There are some that we both roll our eyes at. BUt even those help us understand where we are.

Mine knows, and has stood over my sholder as I have posted events of an outing with her.
    She wouldn't join herself because she hates the internet.

Yes i have a wife who knows (to much) about me and i did sort of mention about the FAB forum once but quickly brushed it aside as i do not want her to join as it is my responsibility to protect you all from her.
    Holly cow just the thought of it frightens me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

They call me quiet girl.. Sarah...'s Avatar
    I told my wife about the FAB forum here and she did indeed join. She found plenty of support for her as an individual or for her as a woman married to a man but found the support non-existent for a woman inadvertently married to a woman. She found a lot of negativity where she saw positives. So much so that she felt she had no choice but to seek support elsewhere, which she found eventually

The support she offers the TS community now is incredible.

Some things just aren't right for some people - they have to find their own way.

Sarah x

Just a girl at heart too Kerigirl2009's Avatar
    My wife knows about the FAB forum and I really hope that someday she takes advantage of it. She is a member of this site but as she does not approve of crossdressing she only has 7 posts. I have told her 3 more and she can join. but she is afraid of being the minority in a group of accepting women. She is not ready to be accepting for now she is tolerant. I wishshe could find someone that she is comfortable chatting with so she can air some of her thoughts.

I think it would help her tremendously to have some women that have the same views and concerns that she has.
    She had a bad experience with another site she tried as all the women where telling her just accept him and be happy, but what she needed to hear was that some women struggle with this but it is not the end of the world or our marriage. So I think she is afraid to reach out.

I've told my wife there's a FAB section here hoping that she'd join but she has very little interest in anything to do with computers. She's happy tucked away in her sewing/craft room above the garage for hours on end so I'm not rocking the boat.
    You don't have to have been born female to enjoy being a girl

I told my wife about the FAB forum as soon as I found out about it.
    She's another one that doesn't like computers and doesn't trust the internet.
    I think the FAB section is one of the best things about this site.

My wife knows about the forum. I have asked her to join, but she hasn't. I would like her to seek advise from here so she can understand better and help her coup.

Heroine of Silmaria Elsa von Spielburg's Avatar
    Just showed my GF this site this last weekend, so who knows if she'll show up in the next few months. I'll make sure to tell her she's very welcome.

General nuisance AliceJaneInNewcastle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post

Would you like them to join and why?

Do you not want them to join and why?

I told my wife about the FAB forum and I'd be quite happy for her to join, but she is disinterested in it.

She has known and accepted my crossdressing since long before we married, and knows that I am happier and more balanced when I get to dress and go out regularly. She even makes me jewellery and clothing occasionally.

I think that she is comfortable enough about how often I crossdress, where I go and what I do that she doesn't see a need to join a "support" site.

Emma is on FAB, but she says she doesnt 'do' forums.
    She likes chat. And thats where she spends most of her time when on the CD subject.

Either way, as long as she has support, Im happier
    Samantha -x-

Quote Originally Posted by joanne f View Post
    i did sort of mention about the FAB forum once but quickly brushed it aside as i do not want her to join as it is my responsibility to protect you all from her.
    Holly cow just the thought of it frightens me
    Joanne we can look after ourselves

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah... View Post
    I told my wife about the FAB forum here and she did indeed join. She found plenty of support for her as an individual or for her as a woman married to a man but found the support non-existent for a woman inadvertently married to a woman.
    Sarah x
    I can see where your wife is coming from on this,. Most of the FAB members are SOs of cders and only a few are partners of TSs. But those partners of TSs do help each other.

I also think at the time your wife joined there wasn't as many who were partners of TS, we have a few more now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerigirl2009 View Post
    she is afraid of being the minority in a group of accepting women. She is not ready to be accepting for now she is tolerant.
    She will still be welcomed just as much...we have a very wide range of GGs at all different levels of tolerance and acceptance, and again we support each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerigirl2009 View Post
    She had a bad experience with another site she tried as all the women where telling her just accept him and be happy, but what she needed to hear was that some women struggle with this but it is not the end of the world or our marriage. So I think she is afraid to reach out.
    That is one thing she would not get in FAB, we don't try to push anyone into something they are not comfy with, again we just help and support.

Thank you to all of you that have replied

Can I also say that even if your wife/partner is accepting and doesn't need support, her experience would be helpful to those who are finding it a bit difficult and she would be just as welcomed.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

They call me quiet girl.. Sarah...'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    I can see where your wife is coming from on this,. Most of the FAB members are SOs of cders and only a few are partners of TSs. But those partners of TSs do help each other.

I also think at the time your wife joined there wasn't as many who were partners of TS, we have a few more now.
    Yeah, it's a fair point. But a point that may be moot now. Despite being desperately still in love with each other my dear other half can't live with a woman any more and so changes are afoot and this is something that no level of support could have prevented I think. A woman who likes a man in her life is exactly that. So, we move on and offer mutual support to each other.

Sad days, happy days.

Sarah x