Thread: Accepting CDs is the Answer to the Economy

Accepting CDs is the Answer to the Economy

Here’s my premise. If 10% of the people in the US really want to cross dress, think how that would have a positive impact on the economy. If we were really comfortable to express ourselves and the culture embraced us, a whole new market could flourish.

First it would infuse a huge cash flow into retail. Think of the impact an extra 10 or 12 pairs of shoes per year. Clothes, lingerie, cosmetics, jewelry, purses, personal care items, and all of those other things in our kit would grow.

Services would also increase dramatically. Not just nails, salons, and spas. But wellness centers would be full of gurls trying to get from that size 16 dress into a 10 or 12. Health care costs would go down as we try to take better care of ourselves. Cafés and bistros would boom as we come out into the light.

Marketing to a whole new demographic would flush the advertising, print, and the entertainment world with cash. Chick cars, flicks, and all things feminine would grow. Forget plastics and precious metals, invest in lace!

Growth is the real answer. Historically, our country has grown by moving west, through industrialization, thorough technology, and through efficiency and productivity. Cross dressing could be the next big growth area of our culture. We could also benefit by leading the global economy in this segment.

Remember, each dollar spent has residual affect on the economy as suppliers and customers reinvest those dollars earned back into the market. Finance, transportation, legal, and every other market would benefit.

So, support cross dressing. It's good for the economy!

Good Ideal,

But it would be my luck Uncle Sam would put a tax on it like everything else I enjoy doing like ,smokeing, drinking and not to mention the economy boost from the anti group in trying to ban us and place us back in the closet. They would prolly have a law that would prohibit Crossdressing within 25 feet of any building of any business... LMAO all in fun

That is just crazy enough to work!

Playboy girl at heart Bunny Girl Zoe's Avatar
    Excellent point of view and very well put same could be said of UK.

As far as shopping for femme items I am already all in.

I like your thinking!!!!!

I do economic analysis's .. On a daily basis and besides over stating thw number of people that want to crossdress.. You need to subtract all the money lost watching sports.. All the money lost in peoples 401ks when their wives divorce them.. Etc etc. Clothes and services are a minor force in this economy..

What you really need are crossdressing industrial jobs!! Steel and auto workers in dresses!! Ha!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Look out Bernanke, here comes Kathleen.
    - AF

Look girl, act girl, feel girl ... be girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I do economic analysis's .. On a daily basis and besides over stating thw number of people that want to crossdress.. You need to subtract all the money lost watching sports.. All the money lost in peoples 401ks when their wives divorce them.. Etc etc. Clothes and services are a minor force in this economy..

What you really need are crossdressing industrial jobs!! Steel and auto workers in dresses!! Ha!
    Karren,

I still watch sports in Fem ...well at home on T.V. Who can afford to go see it at the stadium, yeah tickets are cheap enough but parking, 10 dollar beers 8 dollar hotdogs?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy_Bella View Post
    Karren,

I still watch sports in Fem ...well at home on T.V. Who can afford to go see it at the stadium, yeah tickets are cheap enough but parking, 10 dollar beers 8 dollar hotdogs?
    I was thinking more about the $200 I paid for one seat at a Penguins hockey game (Stanly Cup = $$$$$). And parking and food and beer.. Alternatly I'd get my nails done - $30... Buy some makeup - $50 and a new dress on clearence - $20.. Net the economy looses big time... Kind of like what the Stilulus Package did!! Hahaha
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

We would still put more carpenters to work. With acceptance every girl hear would get more clothes and the carpenters would be called to make our closets bigger.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Smile

i see very little to no gain on sales.
    most cd already shop for them selves...some would shop a little bit more. most can not....no added income to spend.

to spend more in one place would cause a reduction of spending in other places. IE: new dress. .less food, live in the dark for a week to reduce the pg&e bill.
    when my paycheck has more in it for a weeks worth of work (i work 50- 60 hr's now) no added income to spend on anything...and this is not counting in the cc bills i have now.

but it is a cute thought....think hitch hikers guide to the galaxy, what happens to thinkers.

Aspiring Member
    I have actually written emails or letters to the retail sector making this very point. To increase sales, they ned to help make crossdressing socially acceptable. The most recent one, to the manager of a retail park, got the response that I should contact shops individualy about trying things on - completely missing the point (I have no problem asking to try things on - I woul djust like even more opportunities to wear the ones I buy!).

Fine and dandy my friend but you need a job before you can buy stuff. Now if they were guaranteed we would be all set.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

...and this is why Dress Barn and MAC Cosmetics are in business to help CD'ers.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I was thinking more about the $200 I paid for one seat at a Penguins hockey game (Stanly Cup = $$$$$). And parking and food and beer.. Alternatly I'd get my nails done - $30... Buy some makeup - $50 and a new dress on clearence - $20.. Net the economy looses big time... Kind of like what the Stilulus Package did!! Hahaha

Be honest... how many times did you watch the last minute of that game? I have to be up to 50 by now. Never gets old... what did I do before DVRs?

you know all it would take is one bold enough company to start the ball rolling, and once other companies see the success they'd think about doing it too. Seriously imagine a major retailer (walmart, JC Penny, Macy's) having a crossdress section? One might think "oh sure, I walk into that section and everyone knows I'm buying it for myself", but then again you could be like "Ok if this retailer took the time to make transgender specific clothing and dedicate a section of the store to it, clearly there are lots of us out there so stop judging".

Now that one hell of an idea!

Now we just have to think about all of the other items that are "underground but legal" and get those out in the open too!