Thread: Crossdressing in the Military and almost getting caught

Crossdressing in the Military and almost getting caught

I Joined the Army right after I turned 19, spent a year in Korea near the DMZ and don’t remember ever getting the urge to dress. There wasn’t a place or time anyway.
    Returned to the states in 1963 and went to Ft. Riley Kansas, where we lived in the old WWII barracks with the large open bays so there wasn’t any privacy.

About 6 months later I purchased a 57 Chevrolet and had the freedom to get off post when we were off.
    One of the guys in my outfit that was a good friend was married to a beautiful young woman and they lived off base, until he found that she was cheating on him. She moved out and went back home to her parents, took their only car and everything that she could carry, but left many things behind.
    He was really down so moved back on base but he still had to get the house cleaned out. Several of us with cars would give him a ride to the house in the evening, get some beer and help him get the house ready.
    One afternoon he asked if I could take some junk to the dump for him because all of the trash cans were full, so we put bags of stuff in my trunk and off I went. This was back in the days when people would dump trash almost anywhere so I headed to a spot along the Kansas River south of town where I had seen piles of trash. I was talking the bags out of the trunk when I found that 2 were full of woman’s clothes so I took a quick look and put those bags back in the trunk.

Driving back to the house I got to thinking about how I was going to explain these 2 bags still in the trunk if he had more to get rid of. Some other friends had arrived while I was gone so I told him that I had some things to do and would see him later.

Back then you could go down the back roads in Kansas for miles and mile and not see anything but wheat and cornfields so I found a secluded spot, parked and went through the bags. There were three 36c bras including a black one that looked new, about nine dresses, several slips, shirts, shorts, blouses and some skirts. I got in the back and tried everything on that night, some articles were too small so they went in one bag and the things that fit went into the other. I had to find someplace to hide the clothes that I wanted to keep then remembered that the back seat would come up if you caught it from the bottom front and pulled up. Put the one bag under the seat and pushed the seat back down in place and put the second bag on the ground in a corn row and went back to the barracks floating on cloud 9. I think it’s called the pink fog now.

I of course was busy for a few nights after that and couldn’t help him but he got it done in time. There weren’t any panties in the bags so there may have been more clothes in the trashcans.

Some weekends when I wasn’t on duty, I would drive around in the country looking for places to dress. Found several old abandoned farm houses, way out in the country, that couldn’t be seen from the road and would park behind the house just in case. I was using water balloons in my bra back then and one Saturday afternoon I was dressed and walking around behind the house when I heard a Huey (UH-1 Iroquois helicopter) from Ft. Riley getting close and all of a sudden there it was. I hid behind some bushes but I think they saw me because they hovered around for maybe 15 minutes, it seemed like hours though. My car was parked under a grove of large trees with thick woods on the side that they were on so I don’t this they got a good look at it.

Months later I was promoted to Sgt. E5 and moved to the NCO barracks where I had my own room with a real single bed, dresser and a chair. Wasn’t a large room, maybe 10’ X 12’, but it offered some privacy except there was a small gap between the door and frame that came down about halfway. At night if the light was on in the room and you stood just right outside the door you could see in. I countered this by putting a nail in the top part of the frame and hanging my issued overcoat over the crack.

Since the Army can search a private vehicle on post at any time I was worried about the clothes hidden under the back seat. I then found that the backside of the back seat could be pulled forward but it had to be pushed just right to release it and there was space between the fiber board of the trunk and the springs in the backrest. I found that if I put the clothes in several bags they would fit in this space.

Most of the NCOs were married and lived off post or in military housing so there weren’t many of us living in the NCO barracks so it was pretty quiet most of the time.
    Well one Saturday night I went to bed late wearing a 36c bra with water balloon boobs and a slip and all of a sudden someone is banging on my door and calling my name. Turns out it was a little after 9:00 Sunday morning, I had missed breakfast at the mess hall and a friend was wanting to know if I wanted to go into town to get breakfast. I didn’t have the overcoat hanging over the crack between the door and frame and the window was behind me so I’m sure he could see in. I tried to get the slip off and the bra unhooked and off while staying under the covers but it wasn’t easy. He kept asking if I was all right and I’m sure he was wondering why it was taking so long to get out of bed and to the door. If he could see in I’m sure he couldn’t figure why I was struggling to get from under the covers. I finally got up, put on a Tee shirt and some pants and opened the door. He had a funny look on his face but didn’t say anything.
    I told him that I had a slight hangover and had trouble getting out of bed which probably seemed strange too because he knew that I didn’t drink much when I went out.

That was the day that I realized that I couldn’t make the Army a career and got out later when my three year enlistment was up.

Last edited by Stacy L; 02-20-2010 at 03:33 AM. Reason: correction

I think you made the right decision.

Just my opinion, but I would avoid seeking employment in any field that requires stealth and covert activity. It does not appear to be one of your strong points. lol

Good story though. Glad it had a happy ending. I think you dodged a bullet or two. It is much safer to "play" in places where people are not carrying guns...lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by eluuzion View Post
    I think you made the right decision.

Just my opinion, but I would avoid seeking employment in any field that requires stealth and covert activity. It does not appear to be one of your strong points. lol

Good story though. Glad it had a happy ending. I think you dodged a bullet or two. It is much safer to "play" in places where people are not carrying guns...lol

Oh, I forgot to mention that I had a Secret Clearance too.

And as for playing with guns I learned to shoot when I was between 5 and 6 years old and made Expert with the rifle and usually was in second or third place on the unit roster, never made first though, there was always someone a little better.

I also started dressing between the ages of 5 and 6 but that's another story.

I was at Ft. Riley from December 1974 to November 1977. Never had any experiences like yours.

Quote Originally Posted by jarts55 View Post
    I was at Ft. Riley from December 1974 to November 1977. Never had any experiences like yours.

You’re lucky, it was a nerve racking experience for me, but may have saved my life. The 1st Infantry Division went to Viet Nam about 6 month after I got out; some of my friends didn't come back.

LOL Enjoyed reading it because I've been there, done that!
    Getting dressed in the car out in the sticks around Ft Sill OK.
    Hiding clothes in the car and hoping that it wouldn't be searched.
    Making NCO and having some things in my room and hoping that IT wouldn't be searched. Being dressed and having someone pound on the darn door . . .
    Ah, the good ol' days (NOT)

I am about to retire from the military myself and hope that will open up a little freedom. Secrets are hard to keep on submarines and a few of them knew about pantyhose and one person noticed "you got some silky drawers there."

I read in a CIA report about Sexual behavior and Security Risk that cross dressing behavior by itself wasn't enough to deny or revoke a security clearance although that didn't leave me in a hurry to run to work and share.

I did flat out get caught at work. I had on a pair of royal purple flowered string bikini panties on and when I squatted down to open a canister my t shirt came untucked giving my chief a clear view of them. Thankfully what he did was tug the back of my t shirt down both to cover it and let me know. And of course I got the sideways grin with the I know what your up to look. Getting ribbed a bit I fully expected and luckily for me that's as far as it went.

http://www.okdiversity.com/genderbenders/cia.html
    Last edited by Jason+; 02-20-2010 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Add a link to the report I mentioned.
    "You are not an accident, nor are you malfunctioning. You are performing EXACTLY as coded." For many "Man in a Dress" is the worst atrocity commit-able; for me it's just reality. Click to Learn About Me. Click to Complain About Me! There is a fine line between brutal honesty and honest brutality. It is rarely in the same place for the sender and the receiver.

good writing

i love the story and the details. you are really able to take me there with your writing style and not bore. i was not accepted into the army (can you imagine?) but thats not a story for here. i did grow up in a career army family though and can appreciate the climate you describe. out of all the crossdressers i find the military lifestyle to be the most compelling. i suppose that my love of the contrast within life has a lot to do with it, and CD'ing under uncle sam certainly provides endless fodder for that! glad you got out when you did, touring vietnam via the army (dad) in the 60's was a great thing to pass on if able imo. everyone who was able to experience the quick isolation years ago was lucky. at 43 i missed most of it.
    Happiness is a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    LOL Enjoyed reading it because I've been there, done that!
    Getting dressed in the car out in the sticks around Ft Sill OK.
    Hiding clothes in the car and hoping that it wouldn't be searched.
    Making NCO and having some things in my room and hoping that IT wouldn't be searched. Being dressed and having someone pound on the darn door . . .
    Ah, the good ol' days (NOT)
    LOL, All of this time I thought I was the only one.

When I was living in the barracks someone started a pillow fight one night, then a few weeks later we got bombarded with water balloons.
    That's where I got the idea of using water balloons instead of socks to fill a bra.

Stacy: I hope you've learned to get undressed quicker since then. I dressed while I was in the service but my mos kept me moving. besides 2 tours in Nam, I hit every U S state and 13 oriental countries in three years. The advantage was being TDY all the time most places gave us our own rooms or shared hotel rooms near our work location. When my roommate went out I got to dress.

P.S. I built antennas. There were only 36 of us in the army.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better