Thread: Friendship

Untitled

Smile Friendship

Sandra and I have been fortunate to meet a few members of this site, some of which have developed into good friendships.

As a consequence of a break up, one of the members was worried that we would lose each other as friends, maybe because our friendship was built upon our mutual membership of this forum.

It was made clear that we did not become friends solely because of this forum but as a mutal respect for each other. I believe that this friendship is very strong and could easily survive the loss of this forum as a reason for getting together.

Anyway, has anyone else formed friendships via this site that transcends the transgendered community? Do you believe that the friendship is strong enough to survive a loss of the forum?
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

I have made several good friends since joining this forum and even married one of them

I think the stronger friendships have developed further, since after meeting those friends, I have found we have a lot more in common than just our memberships here and we would survive the loss of the forum easily.

This forum made it possible to meet these friends initially, we have built on that to become true friends

Absolutely. I have many dear friends I have met here and who will always remain dear friends.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Like Nigella has said we've made friends here, whilst initally we met with the cding aspect being in the forefront, those friendships now revolve round everyday things and all that life can throw at us ....so would they last the loss of this forum hell yes of course they would.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

I have a couple of online friendships that I got on this forum that I still talk to numerous times a day without the forum. Our converstaions do not include the forum. Does this count?
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

I would hope that a few of the friendships that I have nurtured here would translate into a continued friendship if one left. I believe the forum is a vehicle that brings us together, but it is our feelings for each other can fosters a friendship.
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

Executive Transvestite KimberlyJo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigella View Post
    Do you believe that the friendship is strong enough to survive a loss of the forum?
    Sure, there's always Facebook
    [SIZE="3"]Viva la Revolucion!![/SIZE]

If you can't be honest with your SELF
    Then you can't really live YOUR life.

Man ---- ME ---- WOMAN

[SIZE="3"]Another question. Would you stay friends, even if you or they quit dressing? I would think so.[/SIZE]

Smile

I have only just met a couple gals here, and I do hope that they do become friends that can go beond the web.

Loni

Untitled
    Quote Originally Posted by Treetop Louise View Post
    [SIZE="3"]Another question. Would you stay friends, even if you or they quit dressing? I would think so.[/SIZE]
    Yep already been there
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

I have made some excellent friends from this site. Friends because we have met and our personalities and our styles have complimented each other. We meet up and go out together (like this last week) whenever we can, which now has nothing to do with this site. most of these friends are travelers who happen to regularly travel to this area on business. I just wished that they lived closer. Thus, this site has given us the opportunity which we have seized. The rest is up to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Treetop Louise View Post
    Of course I'd stay friends. Our friendships aren't based on cding, so it wouldn't matter.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Sandra and I have been fortunate to meet a few members of this site, some of which have developed into good friendships.

As a consequence of a break up, one of the members was worried that we would lose each other as friends, maybe because our friendship was built upon our mutual membership of this forum.

It was made clear that we did not become friends solely because of this forum but as a mutal respect for each other. I believe that this friendship is very strong and could easily survive the loss of this forum as a reason for getting together.

Anyway, has anyone else formed friendships via this site that transcends the transgendered community? Do you believe that the friendship is strong enough to survive a loss of the forum?
    I am the friend Nigella is talking about in her OP, and yes I was worried that I may lose what was a friendship formed originally from the connection we had made here on the forum ............ silly silly me ........... while the initial roots of friendship were formed in the first few months, with love, laughter and a few tears, those tiny roots have grown into a powerful tree of friendship and branches from our sapling start are now sprouting all around the trunk.

Not only have we formed a close friendship, I have come to regard both Sandra and Nigella as family, so close that Nigella was one of my witnesses at when D**** and I married last year

Sandra I regard as a sister I would have chosen (as well as my RL sister), there are very, very few people in my life that I have allowed to get as close to me as those wonderful peeps.

There are several others on site that have become not just friends, but close friends, Shelly along with my son played an important part in our recent marriage when she walked me to meet D***** to begin our ceremony

Felix from here Debs and I have met a few times and when we do the ~Debs and Sheila ceremony, will be my best man

Sandra on that occasion will be one of Deb's witnesses

would our friendship survive without the forum ............... not a doubt about it .............. would the friendships survive if any of us were no longer involved in our lifestyle, without a doubt they would, TG'ism was the reason for the initial common interest, but our friendships have spread far beyond that
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

I'm sure they would... besides, I have lots of your phone numbers and addresses... I can always stalk you by snail mail or phone
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara Croft View Post
    I'm sure they would... besides, I have lots of your phone numbers and addresses... I can always stalk you by snail mail or phone
    *changes my number and moves home*

Quote Originally Posted by Kieron Andrew View Post
    *changes my number and moves home*
    Oh... well that's just mean... so... not sharing creme eggs.. and now moving and changing number... *shakes head and wanders away into the night feeling totally and utterly rejected*

Administrator

Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Platinum Member
    Oh... well that's just mean... so... not sharing creme eggs.. and now moving and changing number... *shakes head and wanders away into the night feeling totally and utterly rejected*

awww!! i was just playing...you know id tell you where i was...besides you never text me anyway lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kieron Andrew View Post
    awww!! i was just playing...you know id tell you where i was...besides you never text me anyway lol
    I don't text anyone lol... well not as much as I used to, this stupid touch screen phone gets on my nerves lol...

Anyway, I think we just hijacked Nigellas thread ohhhhhh we're gonna get seriously slapped
    Administrator

Platinum Member
    Anyway, I think we just hijacked Nigellas thread ohhhhhh we're gonna get seriously slapped
    oops! good job we both like being slapped lol

Anyway, Friendships...yeah i have a few offline friendships that have come from this forum and others irrespective of our tran status' or link to the trans community

Untitled
    ... Anyway, I think we just hijacked Nigellas thread ohhhhhh we're gonna get seriously slapped
    Nope just gonna have a play with the Mod panel
    Last edited by Nigella; 02-23-2010 at 01:00 PM.

Nope just gonna have a play with the Mod panel
    well there goes that friendship
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me