Thread: Single closet CDs: Have u felt the need to tell JUST ONE PERSON?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Single closet CDs: Have u felt the need to tell JUST ONE PERSON?

How's that working out for u?

A year ago, I was getting pretty involved with my Sherry persona. And tired of my "secret" life! I felt the need to tell someone!

Anyone else felt that "need"?

So, I ended up telling my old college GF, who lives far away. We're both divorced and we'd been communicating for several years. I started seeing her when she comes to town, once or twice a year. She's always been a VERY accepting person.

So, I told her about Sherry, and began sending her pics about 6 months ago. Nothing but fully clothed pics, of course! She always had such nice things to say about them, and encouraging things to say about my CDing. (Once she found out I wasn't gay!)

Then, we hooked up over the holidays. I thot it went great! But, she recently sent me a "Dear Robert" letter!
    It said we can remain "friends", but the "hooking up" is over! Apparently, she doesn't like my pics, or what I do. It sounds like she's JEALOUS of my attention to Sherry! Altho, I've never discussed my CD sex life with her, it seems like she KNOWS!

U other single closet CDs, have u just HAD TO TELL just one person? How's that working out for u?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

ive made my cding virutally me..... my everyday life, i cant be more then 1 person so i am what i am a crossdresser.

I feel the same, want to tell someone, but who????............certainly not anyone who knows me....
    [SIGPIC]

Carbon-based Member eileendover's Avatar
    Heck, I haven't even told ME yet!
    And no plans to tell anyone else either.

Smile

the need, is one thing. the ability to is another.

no way at work.....
    some of my male side friends might accept, some will not. not sure who, so i keep quite to all.

I've definitely felt the need to tell at least one person, especially a girl friend. I don't know why but for some reason I feel like it would be more meaningful to me to tell a gg friend as opposed to a guy friend. Probably because if they are understanding and accepting, they could really help me get better at it

Nope, no interest. The whole thing lives nice and comfy in the closet!

So sorry Sherry..... Maybe for the best tho.... Can't deny Sherry face it..
    I do not!! Claim to be an expert on any topic, when I post a new thread or reply on any thread my imput is strickly that of a crossdresser. Not to offend Gay people , Transexuals or any other life style, I am only commenting on one of my own.

When I was in the closet.... I never ever wanted to tell anyone... EVER.... but after my wife found out.... I still never ever wanted anyone to know... but now after three years... I don't care who knows.... I'm just not driven to go out of my way to tell anyone....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

This past summer I had the desire to want to tell someone. I know of a couple ggf's that I could confide in but the opportunity and ability never happened. It is hard, sometimes I just want to blurt it out and yet it is nice to know that no one else knows.

Although at a recent cast party after a show, I was introduced by one of those ggf's as the resident crossdresser of the theater group. I quickly reminded everyone that it was for theater. I think she may know, but not as much as I would love to tell her. She just had a baby, so I didn't want to this summer or even now so as to not add anymore stress to her life.

[SIZE="3"]After i first went out for a few days, I desired to let some one know. I visiteda former rooming house owner lady, that was cerebral palsy,spent a night there, and walked into her living room dresed head to toes! I think she is a bit jealous. I told a long time homosexual friend, who does not understand it, but partly accepts it, and i showed pics of me dressed up, to a gossipping womanm, in the church, who said she would not tell. Not!! She told a straight guy friend i know, and he is upset.[/SIZE]

I have not disclosed it to anyone that knows me, nor do I plan to.

Committing "social suicide" is not my idea of a good time.

Just curious...How many of you have asked a person "Can you keep a secret?" and received the response..."No, eventually I will tell somebody else?".

Here is a logic question. I'm curious...If you want to keep a something a secret, why would you tell someone? After you tell somebody, what do you call what you told them??? At what point does a secret cease to exist as a secret?? If you tell me the answer, I promise I won't tell anyone else, lol
    Last edited by eluuzion; 02-21-2010 at 10:14 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

confessing

I just told my sisters in the last week im am a cd-er and they gave me open arm support .I'm soo glad i did it feels wonderful to share with my dearset of friends.Nancy

i have a few GG friends i wanna tell but i dont know how they would react. one is married and the other is a co-worker. i fear they would tell people but i kinda doubt they would. i know my guy friends would NOT accept it all. one of my guy friends is my room mate/landlord and he would probably kick me out so i have to do all my dressing privately in my bedroom. i cant walk around the house dressed either because hes ALWAYS here it seems.UGGG!!! i just wanna get dressed some days (or nights), walk downstairs and get into my car and go drive around but with him around i cant and its frustrating to do.
    <3 Jenny

Totally understand this one! In the summer, I was cleaning my closet...not a purge, just getting rid of some things I never wear. I work with a great girl from the east coast who is about the same size...so I thought, what the hell?! Had her come over, explained that I crossdress, and she left with a garbage bag of clothes..lol! Shes been really cool since then too. Since then, came out to a few people, and I've had nothing but acceptance and support. I find people are generally awesome that way.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eluuzion View Post
    Here is a logic question. I'm curious...If you want to keep a something a secret, why would you tell someone? After you tell somebody, what do you call what you told them??? At what point does a secret cease to exist as a secret?? If you tell me the answer, I promise I won't tell anyone else, lol
    To take it in another direction. Why do we feel that we need to tell someone? Because it is pent up inside of us and it is human nature to not want to be the only one that knows something. So what happens when you tell someone else? You transfer that feeling to them and then they may want to tell someone.

Why rock the boat if there are no waves?

If we define ourselves as closet CD's, as I do myself, then our only challenge should be to keep ourselves in said closets. Obviously telling one or more people is outing yourself, which as you found out, Sherry, led to the result it did. One never knows human nature, and it would be sad if people hurt good friendships by divulging information that the other person had an issue with. The other thing is that the one friend you tell today might no longer be a friend in the future.... and once that person isn't your friend, they can tell others. So that JUST ONE PERSON has now become two, and then possibly many more as the word spreads.

Karen

Banned Read only
    I definitely had an urge to talk to someone about it, and share how much I enjoy it. Thank goodness that I found this forum. This forum totally satisfies that need I had. I haven't told anyone I know, which for me is a good thing, and this forum helps me to keep it that way.