Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where's all these crossdressers at?

Where's all these crossdressers at?

Do you actually know one? In real life?

I want to be all understanding and "cool" when someone reveals themselves but I don't think I've even seen a CD in real life for years.

And yeah I know that the guy next door could be one etc etc etc. But then no-one knows about me either.

That's not my point.

Do you actually KNOW one? I think the secret handshake is so secret no-one knows it.

Clubbing devas are excluded from this question, naturally.

Tristen Cox
    Personally I have meet a friend who was gay and did say he worn sundresses etc.. for his husband, but no real proof. We just had an understanding I guess. Otherwise no I have never meet anyone else.

so very true in 25 years i can only say i've ever met 1 guy who was a crossdresser that i know of for sure and even he was more of the club dragqueen type

Platinum Member
    yes i do i have met with and talked to them and some of them i have gone to lunch with and shopping with just regular normal people like us....and thats not to meachon the hours on the phone with crossdressers....thay are realy cool people .....

Where are they?

Hey babe...were here. Ok....sorry....I really don't know any except me.

Ya know I have seen a number of cd's around over the years and I have wanted to go up to each one and say. Hey...how you doin? I am a cd to. But I haven't, just guess I couldn't figure out what to really say. I know one thing every time I see someone dressed up I really want to dress myself. I remember one cd or ts who worked as a cashier at a local Wal Mart and she wore some make up and long nails and a few other things. I was buying some clothes (womens sizes) and made it a point to get into her check out line. When I checked out and smiled and said do you think I would look good in these wow! she shot me a look that would kill. So I just let it go. I don't know if my choice in clothes upset her or she thought I was making fun of her. I suppose the latter.

Now this may be a stupid question. But I have never went out in public dressed and couldn't pass if I had a bag on my head, but what would be a good approach to one that is dressed, for those of you who have been in that situation?

Hugs, Suanne
    Last edited by suanne; 08-10-2005 at 06:16 PM.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suanne
    Hey babe...were here. Ok....sorry....I really don't know any except me.

Now this may be a stupid question. But I have never went out in public dressed and couldn't pass if I had a bag on my head, but what would be a good approach to one that is dressed, for those of you who have been in that sitituation?

Hugs, Suanne

well think your a cd right??? a outting by someone you don't know would put you on edge right??? how's abought hi how are you? or good morning or what ever time of the day it is....on one occasion that i walked out a cd not passing and in a not so freindy place as we parted i simply said nice shoes....
    being read then assumed your "in" can be a frightful experence for a cd ,. so think how you might want saome one to react to you if you were read ....
    sometimes we just assume wow a cd this cool and fail to think she is going omg i have been read.......

Ok, sorry I didn't explain myself very well. I did say hello and smiled and then made my comment about what I was buying. But there was no outing. The person had on mostly drab clothing. I though she was making a statement and I was wanting to support her. But I didn't do a good job of that. Now please let me off the hook. SORRY.

Hey do you work at Wal-Mart? Just kidding, Now don't get mad at me.

Over they years I have met more CD's than I can count. If you want to see a living breathing CD, all you have to do is join a support group that meets within a reasonable distance from where you live and go to a meeting. Or, in the USA you can attend one of the annual national gatherings that don't require membership in anything, such as the Southern Comfort Conference in Atlanta in September.

As for CD's you may encounter that are out shopping, dining, or whatever, scaring them by approaching them is a possibility - but not a certainty. I have had people approach me (and other CD's that I have been with) in stores and restaurants and ask what was going on. It doesn't frighten me. In fact, I greet them with a smile and use that as an opportunity to explain to them about crossdressing. Passing is nice, but acceptance is a much more practical goal.
    Phoebe

What Me Worry
    Other than on this site I, to my knowledge, have not met anothed CD. I would love to find one and have the opportunity to have a girl's night.

I know a lot of CDers. but I also belong to a support group that meets once a month. It took me a long time to actually go to one and now I don't want to miss them.
    Brittney M:

You will never get anywhere in life if you can't do it in heels! :eyes:

I have known many over the years through the support group. At one time our numbers were in the mid 30's for membership. That number went even higher when we started having luncheons with the local Tri-Ess group. People have traveled from other countries to attend some of our meetings.

Ericka Jean
    Existence is futile.

girl next door
    Nope (not that I know of)
    Tho I hope to get to a Tri-Ess or similar meeting one of these months.

Sure, I know some cd's besides myself, we're out there.

StephanieCD
    I've had the same question myself, hun. I think back to a time I've talked about on here before. For a while in my more drug affected days, there was a group of guys that partied with myself and a GG friend/ex of mine. She encouraged us to wear those indian floor length skirts - you know the pretty batik ones? Anyway, there were a good 6 or 7 guys who did it and a couple seemed really, really at home if you know what I mean.

Other than the one true TS I've known - that's all I've confirmed. I did meet one from here - met Rayna once. And I haven't met Tristen yet

But who's counting? LOL

Most cd'ers prefer to remain anonymous and live in closet as they tend to have families, jobs and major responsibilites. They do it for various reasons but more as stress reliever and just cause it feels good.

If you look hard enough you would find cds/tgs at some clubs that are appropriate for them. I've seen on occasion some cd'ers in NYC.

They fit in just like everyone else!

Emmi

Action crossdresser Marlena Dahlstrom's Avatar
    Well the best way to get to know some other CDs is to get out to a meeting of a T-groups, like Tri-Ess or equivalent.

I've met a several dozen girls face-to-face that way. Granted there's a lot more of us out in the Bay Area, but I'm on various forums and surprised to see the number of T-girls getting together in places around the country where I wouldn't have expected it.

Don't know what's in the UK, but you might try contacting the Beaumont Society to see if there's any group or gathering place near you. There's a T-group in Manchester in case that's near you.

Another alternative would be to attend one of the various T-conferences. I'm sure there's got to be some in the UK. And if you ever get down to London, I know there's a sizable CD scene there.
    Lena

A dream? What is a dream, but a blueprint for courageous action.

http://www.adahlshouse.com

[size=3]Key word>>> TG Support Groups !!![/size]

[Ya... I know. It was three words! ]

Julie... get your plaid clad fanny out the door and find a Support Group!!!
    [size=3]---Jen--------- [/size][size=1]*[/size]

Wait a minute. This is a crossdressers' forum. Why would you ask such a question? Go out and meet some other sisters.

Carla's (San Jose, CA)

I've posted this in another thread (or two). If you're in the San Jose area, drop by Carla's. Her shop/boutique is strictly for CD/TS's. You're likely to meet other CD's there, some just as nervous as you. You can go drab and dress there (or not), or go en femme. You can then say you've met other CD's!

Mitzi

JoannaDees
    Yes, I know a couple of them. I'm sure they are on this forum and near you, just meet 'em.

In your saddlebags, messing with your weight distribution.
    Oh my God, I know TONS of them. Err, I've seen tons of them. When I was going out with Dianne (a transsexual, for those of you who don't know the whole bit), she introduced me to some of her friends... Took me to a bar and there were at least fifty CDs/ TVs/ TGs/ TSs there. Not kidding. And this is UTAH.
    I've hung out with a few of her friends, who I can say I know personally (4 besides her, although I believe 2 (if not 3) of them were TS).
    Yes-- socks! Run out again! Why is it that no matter how many millions of pairs of socks I buy, I never seem to have any? They just... disappear. Honestly, you'd think someone was coming in here, stealing the damn things, and selling them off. . . For me, socks are like sex: tons of it about, and I never seem to get any.

Oh my, I have tried to find out if there were any crossdressers up here in my neck of the woods. For I would like to meet with another special lady like myself. But so far I have ran into a dead end. So I must say that no, I do not know any crossdressers in person. Just all of you ladies here on the forum.

Hugs Claire

In your saddlebags, messing with your weight distribution.
    Now... if anyone knows where to find other FTMs around me, we'll be in business!
    Yes-- socks! Run out again! Why is it that no matter how many millions of pairs of socks I buy, I never seem to have any? They just... disappear. Honestly, you'd think someone was coming in here, stealing the damn things, and selling them off. . . For me, socks are like sex: tons of it about, and I never seem to get any.

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    We're out there.....I have had lunch with a couple locally. Fun having lunch and discussing the ladies going by...well actually what the ladies going by are wearing. Sat next to one recently on a plane flight but did not try to strike up a friendship. She looked uneasy enough just having to sit next to me. When we landed I got her carryon out of the compartment and said "here you go mam." She smiled ear to ear.

Isn't the idea that we wouldn't see them because they blend in ????

Emily Ann

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suanne
    Ok, sorry I didn't explain myself very well. I did say hello and smiled and then made my comment about what I was buying. But there was no outing. The person had on mostly drab clothing. I though she was making a statement and I was wanting to support her. But I didn't do a good job of that. Now please let me off the hook. SORRY.

Hey do you work at Wal-Mart? Just kidding, Now don't get mad at me.

girlfreind i did not mean for you to be felt like you were on the hook .... not what i was saying at all sorry that you thought it that way...simply what i was saying is we have to walk on eggshells sometimes to not upset someone and what we thought ment one way was taken quite diffrent ....just look at my frist replay....see??? see i never ment you to be defencfull or think i was getting on you ...so you never know what the person before you said to her ....huge wendy hugs.....