Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: underdressing in public

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Yes I do. I haven't owned any male underwear for 9 years now. My normal everyday underwear is always minimally a bra and panties. In the winter months I also wear lacy camisoles and sometimes pantyhose too. Going without a bra just doesn't feel "right"
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

In the cold weather its pretty easy to get away with underdressing.
    I wear a bra...panties....panti-hose but I ALWAYS have one other little
    thing tucked in my panties....24/7. A feminine napkin. Love the feeling.
    I always buy the longs and semi thick. Have any of you ever had a little
    brown spot on you pretty panties.....never again.

Karenmarie

Wink ill try it!

ok ill steal on of my wifes and try one for a day see how i like it.

depends on the weather, warmer weather it is a thong cooler panties. But no matter what I always underdress

Kymmie
    Just your average harley riding crossdressing biker

Why be normal??????

Panties virtually all the time and pantihose in really cold weather.

Through experience I have found that the following women’s clothes are suitable for men to wear in public, whether or not they are inientionally underdressing as defined by most CDers

!) Slacks: Women’s pull on pants are much easier to put on than men’s belted pants. They do not need a fake fly, as the absence of it is usually not apparent, but I prefer non-figured and solid color, non-pastel pants so they are not readily identified as women’s clothing.

2) Briefs: Underwear with a fly is unnecessary with pull on pants. Although there are no-fly briefs in the men’s department, women’s full-cut briefs work just as well, and are often cheaper.

3) Undershirts: Shirttails tend to readily pull out of pull on pants. This can expose panty and pantyhose tops and a bare back is usually uncomfortable when seated. A “solution” is to wear a full slip that is short enough to be worn with slacks. A slip with adjustable straps and a bodice is even OK for underdressing as it coveredand feminine features aren’t apparent. Also slips are usually made of material that makes it easier to pull on pants.

4) Hose: An MD suggested that I wear support pantyhose to avoid the indentation in my lower legs that mid-calf or knee-high socks make. Pantyhose do not require anything that is not also needed with pull on pants. Opaque ones are best, as they aren't readily identified as women's hosiery, but that isn't necessary and non-opaque pantyhose are OK and are more available.

Another hosiery option is support thigh-highs, but they often need to be worn with an equally hard-to-find garter belt. Since a garter belt is an undergarment, feminine characteristics really don’t matter.

5) Pockets: Keeping a wallet, comb, notepad, phone, and keys in pants pockets is awkward as it is hard to extract them when seated, and pockets in women’s pull on pants are often not very deep anyway. My “solution” is to use a small shoulder purse, which can either be worn or secured in a basket when that is available.

I think men should be as comfortable wearing women’s clothes as women are in wearing men’s clothing, but the overwhelming response when I posted these suggestions on a not-CD forum was that my motivation was an attempt to justify cross-dressing and that men should only wear menswear period and avoid "girl things" even when suitable apparel is available in the Women’s Department.

Panties, pantyhose, waist cincher, sports bra, pantiliner, womens deodorant!

I like to wear pantyhose, panties and a bra. Sometimes when I'm feeling frisky I won't wear socks. I think my favorite item is still a bra. Someone once said that it's the only article of clothing that you always know that you are wearing. You can waer panties and forgrt you're werring them.

I wear panties every day. Hose too usually. I have, in the winter, been lazy to take off my bra and just put a big jacket on too. No one notices.

The avvy pic isn't me

simple

Quote Originally Posted by AliceJaneInNewcastle View Post
    I have male g-strings (with extra room in the front for the male bits) that I wear some of the time.

The gender of my underwear always matches the gender of my outer wear. I never wear female underwear under male clothing, nor male underwear under female clothing. When I'm in male mode, I'm in male mode. When I'm in female mode, I'm in female mode.

I can't see the attraction of wearing female underwear under male clothes. Is it a fetish sexual stimulation thing, a hidden desire to out yourself or both?
    Has absolutely nothing to do with sexual feelings, it is simply carrying the feminine aspects with you as much as possible. For some of us this isn't just a hobby and it's not back and white as you describe it. Doubt you would ever find a CD/TV/TG person who would wear male underwear under female clothing. mj

Quote Originally Posted by MsMjSerene View Post
    Has absolutely nothing to do with sexual feelings, it is simply carrying the feminine aspects with you as much as possible. For some of us this isn't just a hobby and it's not back and white as you describe it. Doubt you would ever find a CD/TV/TG person who would wear male underwear under female clothing. mj
    Well put. Couldnt have said it better myself.
    Kimmy 55

there is a lot of girl clothes that are very acceptable....

I'm not any different. But I do have some masculine girl clothes too. I LOVE hanes low rise boy brief (available at target). They have a fake fly sown on the front and look very masculine. They actually have GREAT support too.
    Boyfriend jeans were mentioned.... I have several pairs of these women's jeans that are supposed to mimic men's.
    Shoes, etc...
    On other occasions it's fun to be a little more Feminine and daring too when en drag, but only when it's safe.

Tights/pantyhose and as much lingerie as I can get away with dependant on the circumstances. I often get a thrill thinking that someone may get a glimpsehttp://www.crossdressers.com/forums/images/smilies/happy.gif

Today, just lace panties under boyjeans she types on her iPhone from a USAF meeting....
    --------

I just thought Id update! Today im wearing a bra, thigh highs and panties under girl jeans and a female top, under a sweater... The closest to en femme Il have ever gone out...

Everyday I wear white bikini panties, whit womens crew socks, size 10 womens sneakers, old navy sweetheart jeans in the cooler weather and denim stretch short shorts in the warm weather and always panty hose under the jeans in the winter - all are passable and I love wearing them

Quote Originally Posted by Karenmarie View Post
    In the cold weather its pretty easy to get away with underdressing.
    I wear a bra...panties....panti-hose but I ALWAYS have one other little
    thing tucked in my panties....24/7. A feminine napkin. Love the feeling.
    I always buy the longs and semi thick. Have any of you ever had a little
    brown spot on you pretty panties.....never again.

Karenmarie
    I had to wear napkins following prostate surgery. That is one feminine article I never want to wear again.

Casey
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanne Hamilton View Post
    I had to wear napkins following prostate surgery. That is one feminine article I never want to wear again.
    I presume that is because you associate it with a negative experience. I associate pads and tampons with womanhood that I did not and cannot experience, so I try my best.

Since I always wear panties I won't count them in this.
    I too love my pantyhose with slim jeans and my Clarks mules and a cute t-shirt.
    Of course I always wear my earring (2 in each ear) and a ring or two with a nice bracelet.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Aspiring To Become Woman Michelle-Leigh's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]Ladies' polo shirt top with nicely flared ladies' jeans, bra, panties, hose or trouser sox, leather zippered ankle boots. And yes, the feminine pads are a good idea if you have temporary incontinence... They will keep your pretty panties from getting stained. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Best Regards,
    Michelle-Leigh
    "We are now operating at a femininity level of 98% and rising...."
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I wish I could say what I wear when I underdress, but I have been afraid to do so.

I would wear basic Just My Size nylon or cotton white briefs, and some knee-hi hose.

But although I am dressed as Pam here at home I haven't gotten the nerve to underdress when I am out in drab clothes.

I want to eventually be a woman full time, but have not been able to cross this hurdle and I don't know why.

I might be afraid my shirt will come out of my pants and the waistband will show, or that my pantyline will show. Are basic briefs not the best thing for underdressing?

I wish I could start underdressing, and then that would be a signal to me that I am on the path to be Pam full time where I would be out as a female and not "underdressing" anymore, what I would have on underneath would be compatible with who I am.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PamelaGirl View Post
    although I am dressed as Pam here at home I haven't gotten the nerve to underdress when I am out in drab clothes.

I want to eventually be a woman full time, but have not been able to cross this hurdle and I don't know why.

I might be afraid my shirt will come out of my pants and the waistband will show, or that my pantyline will show. Are basic briefs not the best thing for underdressing?

I wish I could start underdressing, and then that would be a signal to me that I am on the path to be Pam full time where I would be out as a female and not "underdressing" anymore, what I would have on underneath would be compatible with who I am.
    Hi Pam, I admire you for sharing your fears with us. I have been wearing various styles of knickers exclusively for the last 6 months when I have to be cross-dressed as "him" (which is about 2/3 of the week ) and haven't once had my shirt come out to expose my panties. As for a pantyline - it doesn't show any more than my boy briefs used to.

I know we are all different, and that is one of the great things about this community, but I'm sure that if you try it once or twice you will soon overcome that fear. Perhaps you could try putting on a pair of panties next time you go shopping. Then if that works out OK for you, try it for a bit longer until you feel comfortable going a whole day.

I think we all sometimes need to heed what a US president once said at his inauguration:

Quote Originally Posted by FDR
    first of all, let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is fear itself - nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Skin-tight woman's cut cordaroy slacks, over a girdle, which keeps me tucked, and a black cashmere V-neck sweater, with flats. Just a touch of lipstick.

Panties and tights generallt. Sometimes a cami

Quote Originally Posted by jenifer m. View Post
    how do you prefer to underdress in public?i like hose and clogs with jeans.
    why not whoes to know as long as no body sees it