Thread: First Shopping

Question First Shopping

I am completely new at this. Tomorrow a friend is taking me shopping for CD things for the first time. I hope some of you can help me out. I need info on:

Shoes. I want heels. I have a pair of 15s and they are a little too big so I guess I need 14s. When I walk in them I balance well but my calves begin to hurt after only about 15 minutes or so. Is that normal? Will it get better?

Make up: I know absolutely nothing and my friend is a gay female and knows less than I do. Any advice is good.

Shaving: both face and legs. Any advice is good.

Thank you all, Gina (gigi)

Aspiring Member

Add vice.

>>>Shoes... When I walk in them I balance well but my calves begin to hurt after only about 15 minutes or so. Is that normal? Will it get better?

Yes, it's fairly normal. And, yes, eventually everything will hurt even more... Woman up.

And, try shopping online and exchanging things until you hit pay dirt with fit and comfort. Women get excited about "good" shoes for a reason.

>>Make up: I know absolutely nothing and my friend is a gay female and knows less than I do. Any advice is good.

Try the MAC cosmetic line and look for a store that sells it near you. They cater to CDers, for the most part. By basic stuff and start slooooow.... One standard rule of life applies: less is better.

>>Shaving: both face and legs. Any advice is good.

Toro and John Deere make excellent mowers. But, for shaving, get a barbers kit (from the drugstore) for the heavy stuff and finish off with a triple edge razor and regular shave cream. Go easy on the hot water, or, soaking in water, as this will tire your skin out and cause problems. Finish up with a good skin cream. Do one small area at a time to keep the work area moist and try to make only two passes to cut down on possible razor burn. Shave again in about a week and you'll be fine after that.

By the way, try not to explode.

I dunno. If you're new to makeup, I would suggest something a little cheaper than MAC. That way it's not wasted while you practice at it. Practice makes perfect!
    removed

If you happen to have an Avon or Mary Kay rep in the area, you can always ask them for a consultation. Hey, your money looks & spends just like a GG's and some of them become as giddy as a schoolgirl when they get to help us. not to mention the increased sales they get
    Last edited by Rachel Welsley; 02-23-2010 at 04:44 PM.
    “While clothes may not make the woman, they certainly have a strong effect on her self-confidence — which, I believe, does make the woman."
    Mary Kay Ashe

Hi and welcome to the site. You'll get plenty of help here and you'll find videos for your makeup. Heels take a little time to master. Even professional models can fall in heels.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Gina...your calves hurt because basically you are walking around on your tippy toes because of the heels. This will get better in time as you get used to it, but with each step that you take, your musles will learn to walk in heels. If you haven't tried yet, walking outside, instead of on carpet or wood floors is another totally different experience, and will/most likely cause the "ball of foot area" to hurt...this is worse than the calves, but again, a little extra padding or a platform shoe will make things much easier for you

start a bit lower

i agree with the heels thing start with a lower height heel and work your way up.if you have to go high right away then do platformes or wedges as there is usually more shoe contact with the floor,and they are easier for even the newest beginners to walk in.

Ok woman up I will, but damn. I feel like I ran 10 miles.
    Thanks for all the advice, I am started. Shopping trip is done, and I had a ball. 2 new dresses, 2 blouses, 2 slacks, and lots of underwear. It really feels good.

Thanks, gigi