Thread: Accepting Mothers Growing Up

Accepting Mothers Growing Up

Hi All;

Just curious and if this was in a thread before, then I apologize. I was wondering how many had accepting or encouraging/supporting moms when they were growing up. Mine wasn't and I would love to hear warm stories of accepting moms!

Don't know. I say this as an answer like so many of us here could, because until there was so much information out in the world - nobody knew "what" we were. We all thought (or most of us ) we were just strange or twisted. So we didn't dare bring it up to anyone - let alone our moms. Now that I'm older I wonder how she would have reacted. I can always dream I guess.

Smile

my mom never knew as i was growing up...
    but now she is accepting to the point of going shopping with/for me.

I was fortunate that my mother was an accepting, supportive, and caring mother. Not only did she allow me to dress in her clothing, but she also took me shopping to buy my own bras, panties and pantyhose. We both felt it was better than my wearing her panties that I have my own. I would still wear her things as long as I laundered them before I returned them to her, and if I ran her stockings or pantyhose, I had to replace them of course. My sister was the same way as well. I remember sitting in my sisters room talking with her and she would be folding her laundry and toss a bra or something at me and say "Try this on, if it fits you and you want it, it's yours".

Kandis
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

ok

i know my mom will never and could never except my dressing so i have never told her , blaa so there mom

i would like to here how some Accepting mom did it too

also like to here if any moms are here, and how they show there support?
    I like my femself; it makes me feel more civilized, i think girltime should be a requirment for all kids.

Open minded and accepting...

My mother was openminded and accepting of my interest in female clothes.She gave me a pair of stockings[they had runs] to try on as I told her that I was curious as to what it all felt like..I figure that I was around 6 at the time. Although I was a busy boy,she knew that I had a strong girl side and never put me down for it. One in a million mom,I'll boast!

My sons don't CD. But I would support them wholeheartedly if they did.

I wouldn't be thrilled, not because I feel it is wrong, but because I know how difficult it is to be a CDer in our biased world. I also understand the struggle that many CDs put themselves through just to get past the self-loathing, and some go through this even if they have supportive partners.

I bet this is what most parents think of when they first find out their sons or daughters are TG. They don't understand and their first reaction might be to want it to go away because they know it can potentially bring their children pain. These parents are afraid.
    Reine

Banned Read only
    My mother never knew, but I think she came close to finding me out a couple of times. My mother is not the sharpest knife, which is fortunate for me. If she was a bit more sharp of the mind, I'm pretty sure she would have figured it out. She would not have been all that supportive of my dressing up, but she never would have stopped loving me.

Help for a frat party

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As an only child, I didnt have any sisters to borrow things so i would sneak some time with moms stockings, slips, etc. Was always fascinated by womens clothes and my first big opportunity came wen I was pledging for a college fraternity in 83. All pledges had to show up at a party in drag per the pledgemaster.
    I nervously mentioned it to mom and she smiled and shared she thought some of her things were streched out a bit and we would have to go shopping and we were off to her local dress shop. I admit I was embarassed when she advised her SA friend and our neighbor but she was great.
    Took me to a dressing room, took measurements and came back with a corset and panties. I blushed deep red and she said lets go and I had the panties on and she was lacing me in to the corset. I swam on the college team and my body was clean shaven . When she put the stockings on, what a sensation. Black dress and accessories followed. Had to undress and stopped with mom for a pair of pumps. On the day of the party, my mom drew me a bath with oils and started to help me dress. She set my hair in rollers and painted my nails in her favorite red color, a first on both counts. I finished dressing and was off to the party. I was shocked because I was the only pledge who went all the way, some guys just put on a dress , amkeup and a cheap wiig. I go a little too much attention , especially from girls who complimented me on the loook and gave a pinch or two.

I think my mum was quietly accepting, in that I'm sure she must have suspected but never said a word. Certainly if she had aired her suspicions my dad would have gone ballistic!
    I used to dress when my mum and dad went out for the evening, which was pretty regular, but looking back I don't think I was as good at covering my tracks as I thought I was at the time. Certainly I got some suspicious questions when they came home as to why my lips seemed so red - there's only so many times you can divert that one by blaming raspberry sweets!

On the western shores of Puget Sound across from Seattle, Washington
    My mother was supportive, enough so that she introduced me to Vanity Fair panties when I was ten. I secretly wore my sister's panties whenever I found the opportunity. They were silky and girly and well, in a word – wonderful. One day, my mother caught me wearing them and questioned me adding a stern rebuke and threatened to tell my father. I was of course mortified and frightened sufficiently that I did not wear them again for months. But in time her threat wore thin, but the memory of those panties remained. I guess she knew, because one day I found my underwear drawer stacked with newly purchased panties in my size in a variety of colors. I ran to her and gave her a big kiss without providing a word of explanation. She smiled and knew too.
    That event signaled for me an open door to be able to talk about my desire to dress. She was sympathetic to a limit, and continued to add to my secret wardrobe. My father was at sea in the navy for much of my life and he was not a partner to this secret. In fact it was a mutual conspiracy including my sister.

I never have talked to mom about it But she was excepting in many ways with out saying so. In sixth grade colored and patterned underwear came out for boys, she bought me many many pairs. For Christmas one year I got a cooking set (father was not amused) in High school she would let me play way hair color and hair straighteners. and she never mentioned stretched clothes or missing underwear. It may not sound like much, but to me it made growing up so much easier than it might of been.
    Tina

I really couldnt say as to if my mother "knew" or not.She did find a pair of lace front yellow panties and a bra stashed under my mattress.Although nothing was said a few days later my old drab underwear was replaced with new yellow mesh underwear.
    Kimmy 55