Thread: They won't let me have my chinese food!

Dancing in the moonlight Midnight Skye's Avatar

Talking They won't let me have my chinese food!

I wanted to share a silly story that happened the other week. I was feeling in the mood for some chinese and called an order into the place I usually pick it up from. Everything was good until I showed up to pickup my order.

There was a new gal at the counter, I told her I was ready to pickup my food. She looked at me puzzled and said no orders had been placed. Then she quantified... well a woman called an order in a bit ago. I shook my head and said I was sure I called in an order for two beef and broccoli combinations. She said no I couldn't have called in and asked if I wanted to make an order now.

I bit frustrated... I then realized I had been practicing my feminine voice just before calling the order.

In my female voice, I asked her if she was sure a female had called Her hand hit her mouth and she turned bright red. She scrambled over to the gal who usually is at the front and babbled some things in Chinese, and they both busted out giggling uncontrollably. I couldn't help but smile the entire time as three of the gals tried to find my order while poking fun at the girl who made the "mistake". I finally got my food and left... but ever since I get some very wide smiles whenever I come in. I need to head there enfem sometime and really give them something to giggle about
    Last edited by Midnight Skye; 02-27-2010 at 07:16 PM. Reason: I can't spell 8P
    Have fun and enjoy life.
    Skye

My destiny is before me Brandi Wyne's Avatar

Good one, Kate

Maybe next time you can use the male voice to order BBQ at the local bar and go enfemme to pickup. I'm so jealous that you have that good of a femme voice. I probably sound like John Wayne caught in in the pants zipper.
    [SIZE="3"]Brandi[/SIZE]
    Love life and find happiness where you can.

Quote Originally Posted by KatlynAshe View Post
    but ever since I get some very wide smiles whenever I come in. I need to head there enfem sometime and really give them something to giggly about
    You should, girl. Pretty girls tend to get good service.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Pretty cool story! Good job with the voice!

Gold Member
    Yeah the femme voice can really mess with people.

If you want to have fun with this, don't go in one time full femme, go in a bit more femme each time.

I don't know, switch it up now and then, maybe blue lipstick, a green afro wig one time, just the normal stuff.

And also, you *should* be ordering General Tso's chicken, that is better than beef and broccoli
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

That is really good I liked it. LOL you should go there in fem sometime but start placing your order with your male name 1st so that they know you by name then pick it up en fem that will really give them something to talk about. I get things like that all the time it seems that drive through speakers amplify the feminity in my voice you would not believe how many times after placing and order I have heard drive around to the 1st window Mam (sp?)
    Be yourself society doesn't know that there is no such thing as being normal.

If you can't find the silver lining make your own.

That's such a funny story! I would never have thought to do what you did; I probably would have made something up about me getting the order for another person. You should definitely go there en femme sometime!

Quote Originally Posted by KatlynAshe View Post
    I bit frustrated... I then realized I had been practicing my feminine voice just before calling the order.
    I've learned that when practicing my feminine voice, it DOES effect my regular voice for a bit afterward without me realizing it.

I was practicing one time, then my wife came home. After we talked for a few minutes, she looked at me and asked me if I was OK. When I asked her why she thought something was wrong, she didn't really know... just that I 'sounded different'.

Now, I don't have a good feminine voice at all, but just he fact that I was speaking for a while in a higher register and trying to soften things a bit before she came home, those attributes somehow carried over into my regular voice for a short time.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandi Wyne View Post
    I probably sound like John Wayne caught in in the pants zipper.
    There's a mental picture I'm gonna have a hard time getting outta my head!!

Danielle

Your voice must be really good. Cool.

Maybe our Chinese restaurant is more tg friendly? They just ask for the phone number.

Playboy girl at heart Bunny Girl Zoe's Avatar
    Cool story.

Why does the one that places the order need to be the one that picks up the order?
    Harrow?

One thing I'd love to do is go out to a chinese restaurant with my wife or a friend, with both of us dressed in short cheongsams and appropriate wigs. That should raise a few smiles; mine included!

Tony

Dancing in the moonlight Midnight Skye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragster View Post
    One thing I'd love to do is go out to a chinese restaurant with my wife or a friend, with both of us dressed in short cheongsams and appropriate wigs. That should raise a few smiles; mine included!

Tony
    Tony... that would be wayyyyy too much fun!!! You girls are giving out some really fun crazy ideas to cause more mischief... I may need to try some of these. As for giving out my first name that generally just causes more confusion... considering my birth given name is predominately given to females -giggles-
    Have fun and enjoy life.
    Skye

LOL I have to say that you could always be the person who does this and you make it your trademark or something. I don't know. Just have some fun