Thread: Question for corset fans...

Question for corset fans...

Has anyone tried a latex corset? - the ones that seem to be advertised as the orthopedic variety.

I'm about to buy a new corset & these seem substantially cheaper than the ones crossdressers usually buy. But do they work? Are they more comfortable (can you bend, sit in them easier etc.), are they difficult to put on?

I live near a place that sells them in Toronto (http://www.stellascorset.com) and am tempted to try one, so if anyone else has, what did you think?

Ellisia

Hi Ellisia If you are into latex then fine. But if you want to make a waist where there isnt one, you will need a rigid lace-up garment.
    Any corset will just shift your flesh, and latex will not make a waist.
    The expense of a rigid garment is justified if you take it easy on the garment to start with and gradually wear it 1/2 inch tighter over a period of about 6-8 wearings. A 10"(tall) rigid "waspie" works for me, as a full corset can get very warm

hope this helps initially.

Hugs Ellaine
    Nothing human can be alien to me.

Those who restrain desire, do so because theirs is weak enough to be restrained.
    -William Blake

"Anyone who knows how to run a household, knows how to run the world."
    -- Xilonem Garcia, a Meshika elder in Mexico

StephanieCD
    They look nice though... how much cheaper?

I think they are around $50....

I was also wondering if the vest style could help with creating cleavage as it looks like it would push the right parts in.

I do love normal corsets, but yes they make me very warm and although I like the restricive feeling to begin with, it's not much fun for prolonged use and it's not the most practical of garments!!

Hi Ellisia,

Latex by nature is a stretchy material. So I doubt very seriously that it will lend to your shaping at all. Usually the models you see wearing the latex garments already have fabulous shapes and the latex merely fits their shapes snugly. I bought a Vollers underbust "Ribbon" corset in 2002 and I wear it all the time when dressed. It is really very breathable and allows a degree of flexibility that a lot of the fabric corsets do allow. The ribbon is a type of strapping material and the way the layers of ribbon cross cross on the sides of the corset lend to a wonderful shape. I know many girl who swear by custom made corsets and I will probably get reprimanded by the corset police but mine was an off the shelf buy.

Bottom line Latex will not shape you only conform to what the shape is there already and if you think your corrent corset is warm.....Latex would be like a sauna.

Huggs

Lauren

Re: Question for corset fans

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren_Phillips
    Hi Ellisia,

Latex by nature is a stretchy material. So I doubt very seriously that it will lend to your shaping at all. Usually the models you see wearing the latex garments already have fabulous shapes and the latex merely fits their shapes snugly. I bought a Vollers underbust "Ribbon" corset in 2002 and I wear it all the time when dressed. It is really very breathable and allows a degree of flexibility that a lot of the fabric corsets do allow. The ribbon is a type of strapping material and the way the layers of ribbon cross cross on the sides of the corset lend to a wonderful shape. I know many girl who swear by custom made corsets and I will probably get reprimanded by the corset police but mine was an off the shelf buy.

Bottom line Latex will not shape you only conform to what the shape is there already and if you think your corrent corset is warm.....Latex would be like a sauna.

Huggs

Lauren
    Not only does latex not add any real shaping (only the garment's intrinsic design and other construction matirials effect that)...but the more the percentage of the garment that is latex...will decide how quickly it stretches out, frays and falls apart.

Latex is (IMO) a great mass marketting/merchandising matirial...but not consumer-friendly and used in large garment percentage--a staight out ripp-off!!

J.

Femininity on Tap! spaskinstyle's Avatar

Hello Girls

Hi Ladies:

I have to disagree. I sell the Latex versions of corsets and let me tell you, they are made of the thickest latex - they do not give way. These are fabulous - the ones I sell are lined on the inside and are boned. These are so strong - I highly recommend them if you are looking for something a little less rigid.

My girls buy them in droves. They are fantastic and are in the flesh color of course - I would suggest trying one on - or speaking with someone who has purchased and used one.

Love to all,
    Theresa

http://cgi.ebay.com/FEMININE-CONTOUR...QQcmdZViewItem

Oh no, I thought I had made my mind up from all the negative feedback, & now I don't know what to do!!

Theresa, does the vest style help with cleavage do you know?

No to the $50 one, but...

Hi Ellisia,
    defently no to the $ 50 one, but yes you can get Latex Corset fully boned and strong enough for tight lacing, as Dear Theresia said. But for a proper Corset for tight lacing you will need around $ 300.-
    But there is a posetive thought on this too, you could buy this 'cheapee' just to get the Corset feeling.
    Otherwise I would suggest to you follow Dear Ellaine's Post, a 10" Waist Cincher will help you most of all.
    Hope you can make a good decision,
    Big Hugs from Norbie
    TRUE FEMININE = TOTAL WOMAN!

Femininity on Tap! spaskinstyle's Avatar

Breast Lifting.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ellisia_Lynch

Theresa, does the vest style help with cleavage do you know?
    YES! Ellisia these latex/rubber waist cinchers come with or without straps. I believe the corsets with the straps provide the best uplifting in the breast area but both are designed to lift the breast.

Good Luck.

Email Anytime,
    Theresa

OK, I'll volunteer to try one out if I can get round to going to Stellas Corset.

I'll let you all know the results..........