Thread: A Great First Year

A Great First Year

What a year!! First and foremost, I joined this wonderful group one year ago and I am glad I did. Even though I have been CDing since a young age, it has helped me in so many ways. I know that I don't post much, but I have learned so much about myself and about being a CD. I have a saying" You have 2 ears and one mouth, you should listen twice as much as you speak". Being a shy person and not very outspoken, I sort of live by this saying. Being part of this group has helped me overcome many of my fears. I went shopping, in drab at first, but over the past 4 or 5 months have been shopping en femme at least 6 or 7 times, now I am hooked. Each time I go out I build more courage and discovered like many have said "Don't worry about what others think". I still have a long way to go in this journey and can't wait to see whats around the next corner. Thanks to everyone.
    Berta

I love to hear when someone has gained courage and been able to be who they want. Hope you continue to grow and be totally happy with yourself. Keep it up and have fun.
    Be yourself society doesn't know that there is no such thing as being normal.

If you can't find the silver lining make your own.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Hi Berta, thank you for sharing that with us

I'm so glad that you have gained strength from knowing you are part of this big family. I can think of times when I would have done well to apply your motto to myself!

This life is certainly an exciting adventure, so good luck with what tomorrow brings and don't be too shy about sharing it with us. Please always remember that you are a valuable member of this family.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Platinum Member
    Berta, it is a journey. I'm glad your enjoying the trip!

Good for you Berta. So glad youe finding yourself always keep growing hun.
    Angie