Thread: I Just Told Mom My Life Long Secret

I Just Told Mom My Life Long Secret

Well ladies I finally had the courage to tell someone of my secret crossdressing lifestyle. I have read many stories regarding others telling dear old mom and getting her support that after much contemplation I decided that today would be the day.

We live in different countries so it had to be over the phone. I had a few stiff drinks ahead of time and called her up. We chatted about the regular things going on in our lives and idle gossip. That was when I went for gold.....

I mentioned I had to go out shopping for my wife for her birthday and of course mom jumped on it, "What are you getting her?"

I mentioned a couple of blouses for work and of course her response was, "Well if you don't know what to get she can return it." I simply stated that I knew what would work and it wouldn't be a problem.

Her comment was "That's good, my son knows how to pick out womens clothing!!!" of course this was in jest........

There was my opening.......

I asked her "Mom can I get something off my chest that we can keep private?"

Her response was that anything serious was always kept between us......

I went for gold, "MOM, I'm a crossdresser and have been since my early teenage years."

Mom didn't miss a beat, some laughter, questions;

- Guess you didn't wear my bra growing up?
    - How Long have I been doing this?
    - Does my wife know?
    - etc

more laughter, she actually thought I was pulling her leg.

I strongly informed her that the gay lifestyle was not part of my dressing.

Thankfully she agreed and said that she is educated enough to know the difference between gay men, crossdressers, people interested in sex changes
    more laughter.

When it finally sank in she mentioned that she had no idea.

We talked more and more for at least an hour.

She even asked what I was wearing while on the phone, I guess she picked up on my comment of having the day off alone to relax as myself.

More support, she even mentioned about me going out occassionally for a girls night when the local clubs get together.

I told her that when she comes to visit we can go shopping together. And she seemed interested. I told her that I would buy her clothes, that sealed the deal.

Anyway, it feels great to have a confidant in my corner, someone to chat with on occassion regarding girly things.

Next hurdle will be telling my beautiful wife, that will not be anytime soon so I will have time to keep thinking about my attack plan.

Moms do indeed rule..........

Jennifer72

Platinum Member
    well, that was a positive start. I do think you need to give serious consideration to the conversation with your wife.

Have you any thoughts about how she feels on the subject - generally? How long have you been married? Ever hinted to her on the subject?

I sincerely hope it goes well, and now that your mom knows its really only fair to your wife that she be given the same courtesty.

mom may let the cat out of the bag to your wife better tell her soon
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thumbs up

yaaay! congrats doesnt it feel awsome to come out? its not as bad as we imagine it is.i know it was a tremendous load off my chest when i told my wife,and her sister about jenifer. kudos. sounds like your moms real supportive of your lifestyle.
    just a florida girly girl...................................what in the world can make this brown eyed girl turn blue(roxette)

My destiny is before me Brandi Wyne's Avatar

Just the opposite here

Well, that was some "outing". My mom was here with my step father or a visit for a few days and I had made sure that I already had "that" talk with my wife. I was at first mildly surprised at her reaction.

Then, Mom was coming to town. I gave some thought to telling her but she's got a self-righteous streak all up and down her back. Besides, she's 84, in only fair health, lives over twelve hundred miles away and why push my good fortune? So I let it slide. Who knows how she'll find out, but she will.

Maybe I should have done it but I didn't, so I'm happy with my wife's reactions so far. That's a thread for another day.
    [SIZE="3"]Brandi[/SIZE]
    Love life and find happiness where you can.

Thanks Ladies,

I've always known that mom was super cool. As for her loose lips sinking ships, I don't feel I have anything to worry about there.

Mom has always taken pride in her ability to remain neutral and keep confidential info locked deep within.........

Jennifer, that is good news concerning your mother's acceptance. You might consider recruiting her as a support for your wife depending how she takes the revelation. Good luck, girl.

Jennifer if everthing goes well with your mom; maybe you can get her to help you tell you wife.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Banned Read only
    Much better than mine went. Though perhaps she'd be more understanding if I were already married. Congratulations!

braver than i am!

Well you are certainly braver than I am!I told only ex girlfriends that didnt seem to mind at the time.Never a family member.
    I have been accused of being gay(I think they saw me once dressed) My family is old school and I dont think that would go over very well.

Ooow.

Having an "attack plan" sort of indicates you are preparing for a battle.

The women I've known much prefer flowers and a dance than a fight.

Personally I'd have told my wife first. (Come to think about it I've never told my mother.)

There are two things I'd be concerned about, her reaction to your keeping a secret from her, and that you told your mother first.

I wish all the best, and whatever you do, do not ask your mother to help.

My 2 cents worth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by sherri52 View Post
    Jennifer if everthing goes well with your mom; maybe you can get her to help you tell you wife.
    Jennifer, My Mom had kept our secret for years. When I finally wanted to marry, Mom spent a weekend with Mary Jane and I explaining my pleasure in being feminized and why it would make be a trustworthy husband, unlike most other men. The fun lasted for the twelve years of the marriage. Life got pretty drab when Mistress Mary left me, but that's how it goes.

That is great so happy for you. I wish my mother had felt like yours mine instead got mad and threw things at me(should have told her over the phone)
    but it all worked out for me my mom is old and lives with me now and she knows if she makes too much fuss I might send her to a nursing home.
    Be yourself society doesn't know that there is no such thing as being normal.

If you can't find the silver lining make your own.