Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Coming out' for the first time to a friend

'Coming out' for the first time to a friend

Hia!

Looking for a little bit of advice. I have a friend and she is the same age as me and doesnt know about Lucy.

About a six months ago she set me up on a date with one of her friends, i cancelled at the last minute and told her i was confused coz i quite liked being single and didnt really want anything, to which her misunderstood response was ''hun if your confused and think you might be gay am here for you thats what friends are for'', which made me think, well am not gay but how would she react if i told her about Lucy.

I chickened out

Anyway, the other day there she asked how my love life was going and i dropped a subtle hint ''none existant i hav too many issues'' and she said a similar phrase as to the one above, bout her being here if i need to chat.

ANYWAY, sorry am rambling, we r meetin up for a few drinks on friday and i am in two minds. Do i go for it and tell her and FINALLY have someone that knows the REAL ME or do i not tell her and try and judge the situation?

Am totally confused, its like 90% says GO FOR IT!!! and the other 10% is like, are you sure you want anyone to know?

HELP hehe

Lucy xxxx

follow your instinct Good luck.

The plus is - someone else knows who you really are and may give you what many of us seek - acceptance

The minus is .... well actually - if you trust her I cant see a minus!
    Mirani - [meer-rahn-nee] Beauty to Behold; to "See" beauty

I think you want to have a real friend at last, don't you? And are worried that you might lose the one you have now. No answers, just be ready to accept her feelings too... Carol

soulmate of Mrs.M...GG Victoria Anne's Avatar
    Lucy , ultimately you have to decide for yourself and follow your heart. I came out to some friends some time back and guess what ... they are still my friends. The long and the short of it is this , if she is a real friend then she will accept you and if not she was never a friend to begin with. My advise is this go with your heart , a friend is a wonderful thing to have and can help you in more ways than you can imagine. Good luck sweetie.

On the road of discovery ... learning to be the woman I have always been.

Http://photobucket.com/viccy

Trying to find balance wishing2bali's Avatar
    I'd say tell her. From what you say it seems like she would be a very supportive person about it. Good luck hun.

Platinum Member
    90:10 is pretty good odds, so trust your gut. While your friend invited you to talk to her, whatever your problme may be. Although she may be somewhat surprised by your particular "issues" she may quickly help you realize that its OK with her and probably won't be a problem with many/most of your friends. My guess is she'll a great support. Also, although I'll acknowledge that we face our challenges, I hope you discover that CDing isn't a reason to deny yourself relationships...its really something special you can bring to a relationship. the key to finding the right relationship is to be open and honest about CDing with any potential relationship. Of course, it may take a little courage, but its better than denying who you are or worse yet, misrepresenting who you are.

Banned Read only
    my one bit of advice is to not be dressed when you tell her.

Me, Myself & Rachael Rachaelb64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirani View Post
    follow your instinct Good luck.

The plus is - someone else knows who you really are and may give you what many of us seek - acceptance

The minus is .... well actually - if you trust her I cant see a minus!

I'd go with that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Life is to short so enjoy it to the full

:

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Today is a good day to Dress!

Aspiring Member

Yeah, she does...

>>I have a friend and she is the same age as me and doesnt know about Lucy.

Yeah, she knows about Lucy because she knows you.

You are Lucy so I doubt this is going to phase her very much. She might be disappointed for her friend, but she's pulling for you, whoever you think you are, either way.

So, go ahead and practice telling someone and learn how it goes. You can say the words; someone can hear them; things can then go a number of ways.

Life is for living - get on with yours.

This is Sooo much easier to say than to do but, go for it. It sounds like you are pretty good friends, And she is under the impression that you are gay already. That in my mind is worse off than her knowing the truth. Not that there is anything wrong with being gay, But wrong that she has you figured wrong. Do you mind that she thinks your gay?? Would it really make you feel any different if she knew the truth?? You seem to be accepting of who you are, Wouldn't it be worth the risk to have someone, who is already accepting of you being gay, KNOW who you are really??

Again, Soooo much easier to give advice in this situation. I guess the main question you have to ask is. If you think that this girl is a good enough friend to know the TRUE you. From the very little that I heard, I think that she is. But only you truely know the answer.

Good luck and keep us informed. Ü

I would just like to say this:

If you are confident in the fact that your friend won't freak out and run, or announce it to the world, then open up to her!

I just recently opened up to a friend, and now, I am going out for the first time ever with her.

Don't be scared...

I believe you should tell her. It sounds like she is an understanding lady and will give you all the help and understanding you need.
    Sarah

In my situation I waited 6 years to tell my wife and then found out she was really cool with what I had told her. It is a fifty-fifty chance as others have said follow your heart. I was like why did I wait so long to tell her and I am glad I did.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Nothing beats a great pair of heels...

She sounds like a true friend. I would give her a try. She might even help with makeup.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Beautifully said by Victoria Anne.

Thanks Girls

Go as Lucy!!

You look good,she is accepting[it appears] so,don't be afraid..show her Lucy and be very happy while being Lucy.Then With your beaming happiness showing,she will be happy for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess_lucy View Post
    Thanks Girls
    How did it go?

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica Nowakowski View Post
    my one bit of advice is to not be dressed when you tell her.
    I have told several of our friends, and they are all still our friends!
    One of them I did just what Veronica said not to do.
    I would not choose to do that again, but everything turned out OK!
    All who have been told, know that if they come to our house, that they will see me dressed.
    Every one of them still visit!

i know

I know the only one that know about sueann is my wife bout i have a sister inlaw that is would love for her to meat sueann we get along so good we have been like girls for a long time we have gone shopping but she things that it was for my wife not me i would love to tell her but i do not know how she would take it

Woman and loving it Jennifer Marie P.'s Avatar
    Show her Lucy thats what you want her to know and it will take a big load off of you.

I know it takes courage to tell her but once you do its like a weight has been lifted off your shoulders and you can just be yourself. By reading what you posted it seems like she already knows or atleast will be suportive of it.

I had a simlar thing happen to me recently, good friend asked me to be her roomate and I was hesitate at first because of the crossdressing thing but told her and she totality accepted it and told me it doesnt matter to her, so now for once I am able to fully be myself and dress up whenever I want to, have a month until my lease is up and I cant wait.
    "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter" Martin Luther King Jr.

"For me it doesnt matter what clothes I have on as they dont define who I am, how I trully feel inside does."

I am not in any way an expert. I read a lot of advice here BUT make sure she is REALLY the type to understand (not just because YOU WISH it to be )

Lucy, It seems as if your friend has already assured you that she will be your friend no matter what, so I say go for it, you have everything to gain and nothing to lose. Also on the plus side, once you have her as your ally you may feel more comfortable about hooking up with a mate.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Only you know your friend,and her Attitude to such things,But I think she sounds like someone who would stand by her friend,no matter what.Maybe you can sound her out a little bit more before telling her about Lucy,I hope she will be there for you if and when you tell her

Good Luck and I hope all goes well for you
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson