Thread: Oh Yipes! I May Have Fried My Panties!

Oh Yipes! I May Have Fried My Panties!

I did a laundry load of sheets yesterday. I always try to check the washer and dryer settings when I've finished using "Regular - High Heat" and to set them back to "Permanent Press - Medium Heat" so that I won't make a mistake with the next wash.

Today I put in a load of light colors, including slips and bras for both myself and my spouse and a whole lot of my panties (spouse wears cotton, I wear the sexy stuff). I carefully checked the washer to make sure I'd reset it to warm rather than hot, but, somehow, I forgot to check the dryer.

The dryer was about to time out and I was on the phone chattering with a GG friend, so I casually cranked some more time in, and that's when I noticed the "Regular - High Heat" setting on the dryer! My poor panties and our poor bras had been through an entire cycle of high!

They look O.K. right now, despite their ordeal, but I'm in a panic that the next time I slip them o, all of the tiny elastic fibres will snap and sprout and I'll end up with something that looks like a ghillie bikini.

Yipes!
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

The avvy pic isn't me

Yepper

Been there done that, they usually survive it a few times. mj

Smile

tooo funny a ghillie panty.great for hiding in plain sight.heee heee!
    just a florida girly girl...................................what in the world can make this brown eyed girl turn blue(roxette)

You may be right that may happen but I think it will take a while. Personally I do not put my panties or bras in the dryer. The panties and some bras dry well just placing them outside the dryer on top, and the bras that don't dry well that way I simply hang them to air dry.

Platinum Member
    I do all my drying with the low setting in the dryer. Honestly, I don't think it takes much longer, if any, and there's less heat damage.

As Laura says, I never dry bras...partly because they tangle up with everything else and snag knits, but also because they dry pretty nicely on the rack.

My long standing rule when doing laundry was: "boil it clean in hot water then bake until dry in the dryer" I used to wear plain white cotton bras, soft cup no wire. About three yrs ago my "fitter" was encouraging me to try an underwire soft cup. after she successfully sold me on the idea, and we were standing in the fitting room discussing the fit and feel, the subject of washing it came up and I mentioned my "rule". talk about getting a verbal butt chewing from her. In terms that left little room for doubt, she explained how wrong I was.
    Since then I hang my bras on a rack to air dry, undies get the low heat treatment, along with my nighties.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

Egads! My wife once put one of my bras in a full-hot dry cycle, and it was ruined.

Since that fateful day, I always air-dry my undies on a rack in the laundry room. I figure the heat and beating up the clothes get in the dryer is not worth the convenience of a quick dry. Those VS bras are not cheap, and I want them to last!

[SIZE=2]I think they will survive...most modern fabrics seem pretty durable & forgiving today..[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I wash all my bras by hand in Woolite & then let air dry, but as far as the panties go, lacy or not (mostly spandex) go in the washer on the delicate cycle, then throw them in the dryer on low heat using the dryness sensor setting (not timed) and they've been perfectly fine...that's been my method for years now..and they look & feel the same as the day I bought them..[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Karen[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I really do have the...Right To Be Wrong.. [/SIZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkSTG...eature=channel [SIZE=2]and my mistakes will make me strong![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Just call out my name...and I'll come running...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SxTo...eature=related just lovin classic JT again...[/SIZE]

They'll survive a number of hot cycles before they get ruined so not to worry.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Gold Member
    Well I could not find the violin emoticon, so let me just say -

I am truely sorry for this great loss, I mean we are talking your panties being ruined.

I think most peoples' hearts will wrench in pain to just think about the great tragedy.

Just when I thought the worst of the bad news was in, I come on this site and read about something so tragic.

I am going to go cry and whail in sadness now.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Smile

i wash all in hot water, and dry according to the make of cloth, towels, socks, work colthing, etc hot dry, undies, soft and delicates very easy cool dry. all bras hand wash and air dry.

no problems this way.

loni

Not all bad news...

Sounds like an ideal opportunity to go shopping for new items for Spring!

I line dry all my bras & shape wear. I think it says on the labels do not put them in the dryer. You are right slips & panties can be can go in the dryer
    on low heat. Sorry about yours you will just have to go shopping for more.

Look at the bright side if they are all ruined you can have the joy of a fem shopping excursion.

Vieja

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Is there something wrong with wearing bikini panties?

My panties and bras never go in the drier! They always dry on a rack in the guest bathroom. In case any of you don't know this, heat is not good for anything elastic! It can ruin them, but even if it doesn't it will hurt them!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!