Thread: Today of all days...

Today of all days...

Lately I haven't had a chance to dress and this morning I was feeling a little bit down so I decided to underdress for work. I normally don't underdress and when I do it is only bottoms, since I am paranoid about someone seeing through my shirt and noticing something; but today I decided to treat myself and to wear a cute cami-panty set that I've been wanting to wear for long while. The set is made of microfiber and it is very soft and comfy but the cami has adjustable spaguetti straps. To conceal the cami (and the straps) I decided to wear a sweater vest, thus blocking the view to myy torso and also keeping me warm at the same time.
    I come to the office feeling better, confident nothing is showing, got to my desk and I sat and started working. A coworker friend of mine who just came back from vacation shows up and, what does he do? He goes directly and grabs my shoulders from behind and squeezes my shoulders a couple of times feeling the straps completely. What the heck? He never does that, but today, today he had to do it. Anyway I am certain he felt the straps, but I am also almost certain that he didnd thought much about it, if he noticed something he probably dismissed it as something else. He didn't say anything about it annd all day he has acted normal. Later in the day another friend comes by and, What does he do? He says hi and he puts his and on my shoulder again feeling the straps completely. Honestly, what the heck? This friend is the touchy type and it is not uncommon for him to do those kind of things, but he is never in the office is either traveling or working from home, but today, today he shows up.
    Why? Why does thing happen? Do crossdressers have bad luck in general? Do we look more "huggable" when we are underdressing? Are the Gods playing with our fate and laughing their divine behinds off while seeing the look in our faces?

Anyway, it is all good, just venting off. At least I can't say it was a boring day.

Hugs,

Claudia Dawn

Tell Them

You were wearing a new wife beater. They come in colors now.
    Happy to be out to my loving wife.

Platinum Member
    Honestly, Claudia...lighten up while you were hyper sensitive to the straps of your cami and afraid of someone seeing/feeling them, the likelihood is that your friend didn't notice anything at all.

sorta the princess and the pea thing going on here - only the princess knew the pea was there!

The avvy pic isn't me
    I wonder if Murphy has a law on CDing!

Quote Originally Posted by MsMjSerene View Post
    I wonder if Murphy has a law on CDing!
    I bet Murphy was a crossdresser. It would explaine where he got his little law from....

This is the thrill of having femme undergarments on. You never know when someone will touch you more intimately than you planned. My wife gives me no choice concerning undergarments, and I have lots to do in the outside world. I disagree with the person who suggested that you be less uptight as " ... your friend probably didn't notice." Everyone who encounters a bra, camisole, or girdle on a man is startled and remembers it. The question is what will they do with it. Leave it alone, or use it on you? Anything from social humiliation to a suggestion that you provide female services to them.

Claudia between the sweatervest and the shirt it woud have been very difficult to feel what you had underneath. If anything they thought you were wearing a tank top T. I wouldn't worry about it.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna Stun View Post
    I bet Murphy was a crossdresser. It would explaine where he got his little law from....
    Well the tv show murphy's law was about a woman..

Since the Sixties
    Is this just a Millennial thing or what? If a co-worker came up to me and started feeling up my shoulders, after a stern warning, I'd deck him or her with a punch to the solar plexus rather than worry about what the molester thought about what I was wearing.

Is there no sense of personal space in the workplace these days?

Gold Member
    With your luck, Maybe a lottery Ticket is in order??? Rader

Origin of Murphy's law from a Murphy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murphy's_lawhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murphy's_law

Enjoy...oh and if you can be proud of who you are and if they call you out on your cami be proud and lets get us out of the closets!

honestly i swear people dont notice what they are not looking for.believe me id be real real supprised if they even could feel them.your just having hyper awareness is all.
    just a florida girly girl...................................what in the world can make this brown eyed girl turn blue(roxette)

Thank you all for your post.

I am not really worried, I am sure that even if the felt the straps they dismissed it as something else, the vest, a seam or a undershirt or whatnot. I just found very amusing that these friends decided to be touching my shoulders the one day of the year (or the decade) that I happen to wear a cami .

Hugs,

Claudia Dawn

Vives

So interesting to read your story. I think it shows how a lot of our behavior is unconscious, reflecting what we are paying attention to, despite our best efforts. The weird thing is that other people can pick up on this without knowing it themselves!

You may have been wiggling your shoulders in some way, (those wonderful spaghetti strap do have minds of their own!), and this attracted the subconscous attention of your coworkers. From your description I don't see how they could have known why or realized what they were feeling, but your reaction may have communicated a fear of discovery. I hope not.

I'm not trying to lecture here. I like to underdress at work every now and then too. It makes me feel good but I'm sure my self-consciousness makes me less effective at my job, which is important to me.

I HOPE that I'm not trying to tempt fate! I'm not sure why I'm doing this, but I know I'd rather give it up than have anybody know. So it's an integrity issue for me.. but I heard echos of my own thoughts in your story.

Thanks for the opportunity to comment.

Claudia Dawn,

After my earlier post I went out and had dinner in a nearby restaurant. The black cashmere turtle-neck sweater did not show either my bra or its straps. Friends think that I have thinned down, a waist corset over a camisole does that. Nobody touched me and I walked home, delighted that I had passed another evening in public while wearing my girly undergarments. You and the other women who write, inspire me.

Just a girl at heart too Kerigirl2009's Avatar
    Interesting but I doubt anyone noticed by feelingespecially if they didin't give you a wierd look.
    For me it was a bit different I was wearing a cami and a braunder my winter jacket getting ready to leave, Hugs involved. when my step mother hugged me she ran her hand over my back and bra strap squeezing me tight as she always does. That is when I got the look of confusion from her, I just said my goodbyes and then left but not before my father gave me a hug too.
    I honestly don't think they figured anything out as why would I be wearing a bra? so relax and enjoy.

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    They may not have noticed and may have just dismissed it. In my teens I under dressed and hung out with the guys and I will say after about 5 hours in a very tight girdle I was in pain! I did the same thing in High School and the girdle did not last after 2nd hour!

Quote Originally Posted by ClaudiaDawn View Post
    Later in the day another friend comes by and, What does he do? He says hi and he puts his and on my shoulder again feeling the straps completely. Honestly, what the heck? This friend is the touchy type and it is not uncommon for him to do those kind of things, but he is never in the office is either traveling or working from home, but today, today he shows up.
    Why? Why does thing happen? Do crossdressers have bad luck in general? Do we look more "huggable" when we are underdressing? Are the Gods playing with our fate and laughing their divine behinds off while seeing the look in our faces?

Anyway, it is all good, just venting off. At least I can't say it was a boring day.
    I had something similar before at my last workplace.

I was wearing a waist clincher, because it had came in the post the day before and the top was half way down my back, way below where a bra strap would be.

Anyway, I have a boss come over stand over my shoulder looking at something on my PC and asking a few questions. I'm leaning forward, point at the screen and with him happy with my answers he pats my back right where the clincher ends.

Nothing was said, so I thought I had got away with it, but next day, my other boss pats my back! I wasn't wearing anything under my shirt that day, but for the next few weeks there were a few more pats on the back!

Either I was being very good at my job, or people were talking!

The avvy pic isn't me
    Laura Jane, that one would be fairly easy to explain with a "i have a sore lower back" and "it's a support brace", should someone ever ask. mj

Need to update here: I just returned from my Daily meeting (AA) and i left the house in a hurry, not thinking about the cami i was wearing. I typically sit in the back row but 2 of my fave GGs were sitting and talking and 1 asked me to join them and as i love sitting with the gals i sat down. We are a very loving bunch of ppl and hugging is quite common, yea i know how could i not think of this prior too leaving the house? It didn't really sink in till after sitting and they reach out to me, then i was in Uh Oh land. So lady friend A starts with a hand on the shoulder and then rubs down the back a couple of times and lady B chooses a full hug with both hands on my back. I turned to face both as this occurred and there was not any raised eye brows or questioning looks so if it did register to either of them they chose to keep it in. I had on a thin tee with a flannel long sleeve shirt, but this cami has adjustable shoulder straps very similar to bras and the top portion on the back has heavy lace trim so? Not particularly worried but i will not be forgetting that again.
    Last edited by Cassandra Lynn; 03-11-2010 at 04:12 PM.