Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OMFG Flickr people are weird....

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Here we go AGAIN! And it's ALL because of those EVIL FETISH DRESSERS!

"Us and them", huh?!

So, I guess YOUR S--- doesn't stink?

I'm a STRAIGHT fetish dresser! I dislike the hairy cracks and crotches as much, OR MORE, than u do!
    And, you're throwing ME, and ALL fetish dressers into one pot?

I say, let the ONLY CD here, who has NEVER EVER dressed for even the remotest SEXUAL reason, throw the first stone!

And, consider what these myopic, divisive posts mite look like to a young, insecure CD! Who may HAPPEN to dress for a sexual reason, as well as others she's unclear about yet!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Im pretty sure that ive posted that there is nothing wrong with fetish dressing if thats what your into. Live happy and be free. Im from the only region in the us that supports gay marraige, AS IT SHOULD BE LEGAL. To each there own. Im just stating that there is a difference imbetween Fetish dressers and non fetish dressers. And the difference I speak of is in relation to POSTING PICTURES OF YOUR SELF IN THE BUFF. I DO NOT WANT TO SEE THAT. And neither do alot of others. That is not why we dress.

docrobbysherry Do you post pictures all over flickr of your junk, Doing private things????? Cause that is who I am refering to. EVERYBODY has there right to do as they like, I just dont want to see it. And the fact that I and ALOT Of people are not interested In seeing that type of material, Makes me think that there are 2 very distinct difference in the reason that we dress. So dont go complaining that we are throwing you under the bus. Unless you think that its common crossdressing for people to be posting themselvs in a dress while gettting off. If thats what your about them complaine all you want, Cause im pretty sure that on this forum there is a difference.
    Last edited by Jenna Stunned; 03-13-2010 at 01:34 AM. Reason: typo

It isn't hard to see that we are all on the same page here. I ,too am on flickr, and the absurdity of it all is a problem. There are good groups on there, but they just have to be found. Most of the good one are all going private, and its mandatory that you ask for permission to join. That, does manage to filter out the pervs, but not all.
    Consider this- have you ever found anything that didn't have a downside?

Aspiring Member
    Of course the next time someone sends me a picture of their "junk" I will reply:
    "that looks like a penis......only smaller!"
    Warmly,
    Sheren Kelly

Judge not...... I'm sure there are plenty of people that classify us all in that same group.

I think it's better to just ignore it, and lead by example. different strokes for different folks.

Docrobbysherry makes some very good points.

Oh yes, I agree with you Jenna, definity a wide range of people on there ,Ive in-counted some problems.

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    "Us and them", huh?!
    . . .
    Doc,

I'd have to be honest - I LIKE you. Every single post of yours shows an intelligent and reasonable human being, and when I met you my impression of you was 100% positive. I ALWAYS trust my instincts on these things. I really couldn't care less about your fetishes, I'm pretty sure we all have our own - I know there are things that I like anyway!

Still, unless I missed something, I think you might have gone off half cocked here (no pun intended). The thread starter was dismayed about being confronted with pics of peoples genitalia. Unless I missed it, she didn't say anything about fetishes? Personally I find it distasteful to follow someones link just to suddenly be confronted with a huge 8 X 10 Glossy pic of a penis. I have to sort of wonder about people who chose their penis to represent them.

In the end though, I suppose they have the right to express themselves just as we do, so I simply chose to block them. I do this because I have no desire to have anyone visiting my page to follow a link to someone elses, just to find a penis staring at them.

Dancing in the moonlight Midnight Skye's Avatar
    This post threw me for a loop at first Jenna... but I think the real problem is flicker itself. Essentially flicker is a huge community of varriying tastes. But unlike most communities, it contains everything from family trip pictures to.... naked hairy private parts?!

Flicker really needs to take a stronger effort to separate the PG, PG-13 pictures from the R and X rated stuff. They need to be separated such that when you are being asked friends from a person with R and X rated stuff you can immediately have it flagged... hey this person has content you may want to check before adding them.

The more I think about this the more I realize it's really a serious problem. I mean being of our nature we sometimes attract a more risky bunch. But if we identify our female self and accounts as our selfs, something which family, work, or actual friends communicate and interact with... Without careful checking of these less associated folks the people we care about can trip over some very inappropriate content.

I strongly doubt flicker will do a thing about it... so as Yoda might say... Wisely must you choose your friends
    Have fun and enjoy life.
    Skye

Quote Originally Posted by KatlynAshe View Post
    This post threw me for a loop at first Jenna... but I think the real problem is flicker itself. Essentially flicker is a huge community of varriying tastes. But unlike most communities, it contains everything from family trip pictures to.... naked hairy private parts?!

Flicker really needs to take a stronger effort to separate the PG, PG-13 pictures from the R and X rated stuff. They need to be separated such that when you are being asked friends from a person with R and X rated stuff you can immediately have it flagged... hey this person has content you may want to check before adding them.

The more I think about this the more I realize it's really a serious problem. I mean being of our nature we sometimes attract a more risky bunch. But if we identify our female self and accounts as our selfs, something which family, work, or actual friends communicate and interact with... Without careful checking of these less associated folks the people we care about can trip over some very inappropriate content.

I strongly doubt flicker will do a thing about it... so as Yoda might say... Wisely must you choose your friends
    Yeah, I see your point, BUT . . .
    Then we are going to leave up to someone to decide what is lewd and what is not. We all know that there are a LOT of people out there that think WE are all lewd for what we are. It's always kind of dicey when you leave it up to one person, or one group, to decide the moral standards of all.

Question, and I do NOT mean to have some one go off half cocked (sorry, can't think of a better expression) and start yelling about segregation and so forth.

What if we (the (?) conservative) cross dressers, the ones that do not want to see someones private parts, were to create pictures on flikr that were available only to "freinds" or to "family"

I realize that it would take quite awhile to open up access to those that are just wanting to see how our other sisters look.

Not that familiar with their program, but if enough of us worked together?

Love to all

Jo

PS: I know my pics do not portray a serious cross dresser, but with a lack of funds for misc. product and training in the use thereof.
    I would defineately love anyones input in how to improve my image.

Jo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]All good things come to "she" who waits!

Interesting topic which sums up the situation and explains why i'm not on flickr but here.

I STAND BY my original, "outraged", rant!

I have NOTHING AT ALL against, Jenna!
    And, also I find blatantly sexual pictures of males disgustingly gross! (Which is why I like THIS site so much!) However, on another site I visit, (not Flikr), the grossest pics seem to be submitted by CDs that desire men and other CDs. Whether they r FETISH dressers or not, I can't tell. So, how can all of U stone throwers tell FETISH dressers r the gross ones on Flikr?

Maybe your all confusing the word, "fetish", with, "gay", or, "bi"? I DON'T get the connection!

I ALSO think that U lumping all FETISH dressers together, with ONE paintbrush, is JUST PLAIN WRONG! On MANY levels!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenna Stun View Post
    ------- But then there is a TOTALLY different set of people on there that ID them selves as crossdressers, But all they like doing is posting pictures of there junk, And seriously lude photos. Ewwww.... ---------

--------Ok, So my question is "As a crossdresser, Am I really the same as these people"?? I mean ehhhhhhh, really????

------.. Seriously disturbed by the fact that i fall into the same category as "them". Should there be more of a definition?? IDK. I supose Im a crossdresser, And they are fetish crossdressers??? -----------------------
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 03-13-2010 at 08:13 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

General nuisance AliceJaneInNewcastle's Avatar
    I'm a STRAIGHT fetish dresser! I dislike the hairy cracks and crotches as much, OR MORE, than u do!
    And, you're throwing ME, and ALL fetish dressers into one pot?
    Not sure where you get that idea. I didn't see that anywhere in this thread.

Transvestic fetishism is, by definition, the wearing of only a small amount of female clothing, such as stockings or shoes for sexual stimulation. It does not involve wearing a complete set of female clothing or presenting a female image. Those hairy cracks and crotches (that you dislike) partially clad in female underwear are the typical expression of transvestic fetishism.

As I'm sure you're aware, many crossdressers and transsexuals begin at transvestic fetishism and progress to wearing complete female attire and/or presenting a female image. Yes, there are some who enjoy presenting a female image in underwear for sexual stimulation. Even if that is a form of fetish, it is still defined as being a crossdresser and hence transgender due to the presentation of a female image. I don't know what proportion of CDs who end up dressing fully go through that as a phase, but I'm sure that some do.

Another group that I'm seeing on flickr, and I also block, are the proud ******* type. These are the ones who look like females except for showing off excited male genitals. There's no hairy bits there, but it still doesn't appeal to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenna Stun View Post
    I dont know. Whoevers. Sorry just tryin to cover everyone.

Im not really sure where this thread is going, Im guess im just trying to get an idea of how people feel on this forum. How many Different Branches are there????
    In my opinion, there are as many branches as there are people to count them. It is like looking at the stars in the sky. You can try and figure it out, control it, catagorize it, change it, define it, or just sit back and absorb the pleasurable while deflecting the unpleasurable elements with the minimum amount of effort. We can't change what is out there, but we can decide how to react to it. It is the price of admission.

I think we are all ultimately judged on our individual actions, by those who stick around long enough to matter. I don't feel like I have to "prove" anything to anybody but myself, on any issue. I also find every behavior curiously interesting, whether it is something I choose to do or not.

Life is too short to try and control it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dancing in the moonlight Midnight Skye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    Yeah, I see your point, BUT . . .
    Then we are going to leave up to someone to decide what is lewd and what is not. We all know that there are a LOT of people out there that think WE are all lewd for what we are. It's always kind of dicey when you leave it up to one person, or one group, to decide the moral standards of all.
    Yeah I know what you mean Kimberly. But I'm talking PG/PG13 vs R/X as in naked vs covered. That's pretty clear. Don't get me wrong there's a slew of fun, naughty and downright wrong things people can do with their bits and pieces covered, but at least that gets people flashing their parts out of the picture.

But all in all, it wouldn't be hard right now. They already have an above 18 adult flag in place. If they migrated this same flag to prompt an warning that the new friend you're inviting or accepting has adult content, you then could check on your own to determine if you approve of that adult content. It would be a very simple change that would do lots of good without encouraging the censorship you're pointing out.
    Have fun and enjoy life.
    Skye

Krissy[/QUOTE]
    B]I break with these people whatever ties I have control of...Flickr, Facebook, etc and more importantly, I live my life, and conduct myself in a manner becoming of the woman I endeavor to be, and in doing so, I hope to convey a message on behalf of the vast majority of us that we are good people, and that our community is not what these fringe (headline grabbing) folks make us out to be.

[/B]

I agree! I took down my flicker pages because I started getting mails from people showing their JUNK!

I take a lot of pictures...but no nudity. i am not into any hanky panky, I don't want to be classsed in the same group.
    I can honestly say this group is the only CLEAN group I have found. lest not I
    woud be gone!WE HAVE A GOOD GROUP HERE..THANKS TO ALL!
    If you feel the need to explain yourself. Smile and Educate. Be proud of who you are!

."ALWAYS, SIT, SPIN, AND TUCK ONE FOOT BEHIND THE OTHER....NEVER CROSS YOUR LEGS"

Emme as in "M"

I ALSO think that U lumping all FETISH dressers together, with ONE paintbrush, is JUST PLAIN WRONG! On MANY levels!
    Doc, I think you need to come down off that high horse you've climbed up on and read Jennas post again. She never lumped anyone with anything. Jenna was talking about people showing pictures of their 'junk', says that in the quote below. And correct me if I'm wrong, but the next quote about fetish crossdressers seems to be a question, or is that question mark at the end of it there for fun?

Quote Originally Posted by Jenna Stun
    But all they like doing is posting pictures of there junk, And seriously lude photos. Ewwww....

IDK. I supose Im a crossdresser, And they are fetish crossdressers???
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Posing for pix en femme is a hobby of mine, and I use a flickr site as a repository for the 3K pus pics I have. Most are viewable only by me, as the intent is not really to share. I get a bit annoyed with people who stumble upon and link to my site--so I just block everyone--not cause I'm stuck-up. I block because of the subsequent people who wind up connecting to my page--that's usually where things get strange.

That said, I do have a handful of "Naughty" pix that while they will never be shared, I think turned out okay, so I kept them. Not sure if that makes me one of "those flickr people," but I'm in it for the "art," not the sleaze.

Cheers,

Jill

Ok, now I'M CONFUSED!

Quote Originally Posted by AliceJaneInNewcastle View Post
    Not sure where you get that idea. I didn't see that anywhere in this thread.

Transvestic fetishism is, by definition, the wearing of only a small amount of female clothing, such as stockings or shoes for sexual stimulation. It does not involve wearing a complete set of female clothing or presenting a female image. Those hairy cracks and crotches (that you dislike) partially clad in female underwear are the typical expression of transvestic fetishism.

As I'm sure you're aware, many crossdressers and transsexuals begin at transvestic fetishism and progress to wearing complete female attire and/or presenting a female image. Yes, there are some who enjoy presenting a female image in underwear for sexual stimulation. Even if that is a form of fetish, it is still defined as being a crossdresser and hence transgender due to the presentation of a female image. I don't know what proportion of CDs who end up dressing fully go through that as a phase, but I'm sure that some do.

Another group that I'm seeing on flickr, and I also block, are the proud ******* type. These are the ones who look like females except for showing off excited male genitals. There's no hairy bits there, but it still doesn't appeal to me.
    Alice, no, I was not aware of much u wrote above. My understanding was that all fetish dressers got turned on by dressing. NOT that they were turned on only by genitals, etc., in panties, etc! In fact, male genitals, displayed any way, turn me off! Including mine!

When I started dressing, I never got very turned on partially dressed. And, it wasn't until I started dressing completely, including my special faces, that the image in the mirror became COMPLETE for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara Croft View Post
    Doc, I think you need to come down off that high horse you've climbed up on and read Jennas post again. She never lumped anyone with anything. Jenna was talking about people showing pictures of their 'junk', says that in the quote below.
    I never meant to get up on a soapbox, Tamara! As usual in my case, it's probably more ignorance than anything else!

After reading Alice's post, I'm not sure I even classify as FETISH CD. According to her definition, at least!
    So, what the heck do u call a guy who gets sexually excited dressed COMPLETELY in woman's gear? Hiding ALL traces of his manhood?
    BESIDES the obvious, "pervert", of course!

Quote Originally Posted by KatlynAshe View Post
    I think the real problem is flicker itself. Essentially flicker is a huge community of varriying tastes. But unlike most communities, it contains everything from family trip pictures to.... naked hairy private parts?!
    Uh.....real communities do contain EVERYTHING. This is much like straight people saying they don't associate with CDs or Transexuals and have never met one. We're all there, just a little invisible sometimes.

It's not like you go to Flicker and then BAM, a penis appears! You have to go looking at other people's pics. If you don't like them, then don't look.

I LIKE that they don't censor the pictures. If I don't like it, I hit the back button. Otherwise, I can see just about anything on that site......from the beautiful to the profane.
    Sally

After reading Alice's post, I'm not sure I even classify as FETISH CD. According to her definition, at least!
    So, what the heck do u call a guy who gets sexually excited dressed COMPLETELY in woman's gear? Hiding ALL traces of his manhood?
    BESIDES the obvious, "pervert", of course!
    Sherry, it is Alice's own words when she defined it as a "small amount of female clothing". If you follow the Wikipedia link it states "having a sexual or erotic interest in cross-dressing", with no specification as to how much clothing is involved. Some enjoy just lingerie while for others like you, it is the entire image.

Transvectic fetichism is very much about being turned on by the clothes or the image as opposed to male genitalia.
    Reine

I luv flicker and spend too much time there. While I don't post up X rated pics and have never shown my junk...I do have some racey lingerie pics. I also have a fetish that I do pics of that most probably would not like.

I also personally enjoy the girls that do put up naughty stuff and get a kick out of it. Along with some guys that post there. But just junk shots is boring and in a ton of cases I wonder why they are showing off anyway!! Huge beer guts, tons of body hair and their equipment is kinda tiny anyway.

I am careful however. For example Kimberly who I think is sharp, but seems to be a very straight 'good' girl. I would never invite her to be a friend for fear of creeping her out. There other good girls I leave alone too! Not that I could not or would not be friends, I just make sure they don't have to look at my pics. A wild gay Tgirl like me is just on a different wavelenght!

Quote Originally Posted by krisinpink View Post
    two cents coming up here:

You know girls, we are faced with a duality here, and it is not of our own making. One one hand, we have the obligation to respect the right given to these creepers by our beloved Bill of Rights that does in fact give these people entitlement to express themselves (and I sense that most all of us recognize this) AND we are faced with the undeniable situation that we are all being painted with the same brush. There is little doubt that these self-proclaimed "CDs" are doing no one (but maybe themselves) a service by posting such pics, and the rest of us are lumped in with these living-in-their-Mom's-basement loosers. These, my lovlies, are the facts of our lives at *this* point in the 21st Century.

Love,

Krissy
    They do have the right to express themselves for sure and I've spent the last 20 years of my life helping to make sure it stays that way. I wish I could also teach that having the right to post anyway you want shouldn't excuse you from exercising the restraint not to. If you wouldn't go into your favorite crowded place and toss out pictures with your junk as the focal point maybe you should be selective about where you toss them out online. For those that would do that in their favorite crowded place I believe we already have laws that cover that.
    "You are not an accident, nor are you malfunctioning. You are performing EXACTLY as coded." For many "Man in a Dress" is the worst atrocity commit-able; for me it's just reality. Click to Learn About Me. Click to Complain About Me! There is a fine line between brutal honesty and honest brutality. It is rarely in the same place for the sender and the receiver.

Lots of good & bad on flickr

and as said above, there are a lot of pornographic pictures of all sorts. We all have to apply our own filters. At least we can block offenders. Now I mostly post my pictures on "ordinary girl" groups like Fatshionista; Wardrobe Remix; What I Wore Today; Over-Forties Fashion Forward; &c. I cover my face, because the moustache doesn't fit--some GGs are shy as well. Sometimes I get nice compliments from other group members. I see one or two undisguised men wearing skirts who post in similar groups, and also get occasional compliments. What I haven't seen is "you creep--post on your CD sites and leave us be." We're just a bunch of girls & gurls who share an interest in clothes. It's nice.

Lainie

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!

AAh, flickr, yes, well...I have only one pic there that is viewable by anyone...the rest must be friends....been creeped out too I have to say....
    never ever taken a pic of myself beyond lingerie...and I cannot befriend contacts that show pics that look like they come from a medical text.
    Last edited by shannonFL; 03-14-2010 at 03:21 PM. Reason: word choice