Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OMFG Flickr people are weird....

OMFG Flickr people are weird....

Ok, So I have a flickr account. And there are MANY cds, tvs, Idks on there that make it soooo worth being on there to share with. Lots of great pictures from people who consider crossdressing an art from. People who are so good that im jelouse. But then there is a TOTALLY different set of people on there that ID them selves as crossdressers, But all they like doing is posting pictures of there junk, And seriously lude photos. Ewwww.... I know to each their there own, And thats the nature of the net. But give me a break, Not everyone wants to see that. I have RIGHT IN MY PROFILE Do not add me if you show your junk and such. But I know that these people have no intrest in profiles. So they add me and comment regaurdless. Ehhh......

Ok, So my question is "As a crossdresser, Am I really the same as these people"?? I mean ehhhhhhh, really???? I dont get to dress often and i dont want to transition, So i am deffinatly a crossdresser. Just a guy who likes to dress as a female. But so are they, Right?? They sure as S*** arnt TVs. Just guys who "like to dress" in womans clothing?? Crossdressers. I am slightly... No... Seriously disturbed by the fact that i fall into the same category as "them". Should there be more of a definition?? IDK. I supose Im a crossdresser, And they are fetish crossdressers??? But, Ehh. Seems to close of a categorization for people so far apart.

There is nothing wrong with pushing the envelope, but there is a line that shouldnt be crossed. Am I alone on this?? Does anyone else even see the line?? Im sorry for the rant, Im just SICK of some of the crap i have to filter through on Flickr. Anyhow, let me know what you think.

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I know what you mean. There's lots of stuff that fall under the crossdresser category that I just don't want to see.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

It really is too bad that along with freedom there does not seem to be a "respect for others" signature required. But then I guess that would just be the start of loss of freedom.
    Nevertheless I'm with you on a lot of it if that's any consolation.

8rys, going on walkabout
    As I read this I could hear Eddie Izzard in my head.

There are many branches of the crossdressing tree. The fetish crossdresser is one of those branches, sadly some people judge the tree based upon that one branch.

Some categories are kind of wide and they include some things you would never think of, and "CD" is one of those categories. Since we cant really be 'guardians' of these categories, things like this end up in 'our' category and it is very difficult to keep it clean. So we can either just keep our mouths shut and endure it, just not go into the wild west of Flickr so we dont have to see these things.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

Ignore them!

Lead by example and show the world that CDs are not just a bunch of hairy pantyboys.

Doing my best,

Ann / SS

check out my flikr pages:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/40793767@N07/

The avvy pic isn't me
    What is IDK?

Aspiring Member
    I am with you on this dilemma. I want to respect the personal expressions of others, but the public associates us with the most extreme expressions out there; classifying us all as deviants. Personally, I am disturbed by the ("mature") sisters who insist on dressing in a way even their children would not be seen in, and I do take offense whenever anyone exposes themselves without invitation.
    I would like to live my life in dignity expressing my sometimes fluid gender in a natural way. We need a better lexicon to describe who we are and how we wish to be treated.
    The only recourse I can see is to get out there and live our lives openly and hope the public eventually picks up that there is a difference in who we are and how we wish to be regarded.
    Warmly,
    Sheren Kelly

Aspiring Member
    Jenna,

many ppl use photo sharing and social networking sites to further their sexual impulses, in hopes to make contact of sorts.

Lewd photos are lewd photos no matter the gender. Some one sending pics to a stranger of their own junk is tacky and crude.
    (not to mention borderline stalkerish)

i am actually having a discussion about this on another adult forum my wife and i have been members of for many years.
    "the portrait of a cross dresser drawn by general population"
    Tasteless-impulse driven people have shaped a grim picture for society to view "us" as a cultural acceptance.

So that leaves you strong, courageous, beautiful, transitioning gurls to change the view of the whole world. So that those of us who are still closeted to the rest of the world are inspired to be the people we are.

I am truly speaking from the heart here, this thread and its context is something that i deal with as a Crossdresser within my own life more often than id like to admit, even here amonst my peers

Jenna to answer your question:
    No,you are not one of these people, your perception of the feminine effort into being beautiful and classy separates you from the perverted junk posters.

wow i guess u got me ranting a little Jenna

Ps. got me all flustered...im going to clean the house now

Huggs and Kissess
    -Donni-

Quote Originally Posted by MsMjSerene View Post
    What is IDK?
    I dont know. Whoevers. Sorry just tryin to cover everyone. PC and all.....

Thank you to everyone who has replyied. Indeed the "crossdressing" tree covers many spectrums. And they are VARIED. And i should note that i dont think there is anything wrong with "fetish crossdressing" If thats what makes you happy then by all means go for it. Its your life, Be free and happy. Just...... Some how, I feel as there is a big difference between to groups in which have so much in common.

The more I reflect on this the more I guess I feel more Transgendered, As I like to FEEL like a woman. Not just DRESS as a woman. Even If it a small amount of times a year..... Although isnt Transgendered defined as someone who identifies as the opposite gender??? Which i dont. Im Defiantly a guy. An odd guy, But still a guy. God, I think im losing my mind.

Being who we are is the most important thing. Not what catogory we fall into. But with that being said, Something still feels wrong. To me there is a distinct difference imbetween those who dress for sexual gratification, And those who dress because somewhere inside that is who they are.

Im not really sure where this thread is going, Im guess im just trying to get an idea of how people feel on this forum. How many Different Branches are there????

Unhappy

Oh yes, I agree with you Jenna. I am on Flickr too, and I hate seeing that stuff. I think thats what gives us a bad rep, when we are lumped together with the really rude ones who call themselves cds.

[SIZE=2]Simple, I think those individuals showing their junk are a lower class of people, ...[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Most of the girls here have more class than that...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Every so often I get pictures from guy's (not on this site) sending me pictures of their junk, I just ignore them..I guess they think it'll impress me or something..[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Doing such a thing tells me right off the bat this is not anyone I want to be with..just shows no class....but if they showed me a picture of big muscular upper body instead, that would definitely catch my attention...but that hasn't happened yet..[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Karen[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I really do have the...Right To Be Wrong.. [/SIZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkSTG...eature=channel [SIZE=2]and my mistakes will make me strong![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Just call out my name...and I'll come running...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SxTo...eature=related just lovin classic JT again...[/SIZE]

I agree Jenna, my list of blocked people is growing and it seems to be more so of a problem now than in the past.
    [SIGPIC]

I agree with you that I don't want to see lewed pictures of people BUT it's not just crossdressers.

Just about any catagory of person you pick will have people in that catagory that represent what most would consider not befitting to that group.

Are ALL men sloppy? No, I'm not & I don't want to be identified with them, but I am.

Not all straight people love what every straight person does or all gay people like what every gay person does.

My point is, we are all different and we will not always agree on everything.
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

Unfortunately, because Flickr is open to nearly everyone, you may "see" photos of people and things that you do not wish to see. Many post "warnings" in their profiles that they do not wish to see someone else's "stuff". It is possible to "block" people whose photos you do not want to see or have them see yours.
    I happen to agree with you that I prefer to see photos of CDs/TSs that are doing their best to look good.
    Hugs, Carole

flickr.com

yup! flickr.com is composed of the good the bad and the ugly, snif through what u like and leave the rest.

Arabs are portrayed as terrorists in movies etc but not all of them are terrorists same goes to all those crossdressers and so called "weird crossdressers" on flickr. If u are not one of "them" just move on, ignore/block them if they add u, that way they wont comment on ur photos.

Quote Originally Posted by skirtsuit View Post
    Ignore them!

Lead by example and show the world that CDs are not just a bunch of hairy pantyboys.

Doing my best,

Ann / SS

check out my flikr pages:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/40793767@N07/

I like Ann's response. I make it a point to try and at least glance at the profiles of people that add me as a contact on flickr. Like yourself, I am often dismayed when I open their profile and find myself facing someone's privates. Early on I didn't realize there was a way to block these people, but for the last year or so I make it a point to block people like this. They are free to express themselves just as I am, but I reserve the right to not be associated with them.

It's unfortunate but that is how most people portray us. The ones that are doing what you say are very brazen and get into peoples faces doing what they do. We on the other hand want to blend into society and not get noticed.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

General nuisance AliceJaneInNewcastle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna Stun View Post
    isnt Transgendered defined as someone who identifies as the opposite gender???
    No. Transgender is an overarching term covering a range of gender variant people including drag queens, crossdressers and transsexuals. It's notable that transvestic fetishism is not within the definitions of transvestite, crossdresser or transgender.

A lot of the people in my rapidly growing block list on flickr are fairly obviously fetishists, not crossdressers, even if they misuse the terminology. If someone adds me as a contact, I look at their profile and photostream. If they have neither, I ignore them for the time being. If they appear ok but not really positive, I'll tag them as a contact. If they have a reasonable profile and all their photos are ok, I'll generally tag them as a friend.

I've lost count of the number of times I've looked at someone's photostream and immediately blocked them for explicit photos. I usually look at the newest photos (which is what flickr brings up first), then immediately move to their oldest photos, which I've found to be the most likely to be explicit.

From time to time, I'll wade through the people who have marked me as a contact and check profiles and photostreams. Sometimes someone shy has improved their profile enough that I'll add them. Sometimes someone has added explicit content and I'll block them.
    Last edited by AliceJaneInNewcastle; 03-13-2010 at 01:14 AM. Reason: fix typo

I definitely know what you mean.
    On my profile, I've got in bold print that if they've got any genitalia or distasteful, raunchy, and lewd photos in their photostream, don't add me or I'll block them. But, they still add me anyway so I end up blocking them.

I think people like them just browse my photostream before even looking at my profile. I'm glad I get email notifications when someone adds me because I review each and every person and if I don't like what I see I'll block them.

Hugs!
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna Stun View Post
    I am slightly... No... Seriously disturbed by the fact that i fall into the same category as "them".
    And that's why everyone hates us .... because we all get "tarred with the same brush" Just like everyone, and everything else in the world,there are many variations of any type of "thing" ... yet people assume we're all the same. That's why, how the media portrays TG people is important.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Quote Originally Posted by AliceJaneInNewcastle View Post
    No. Transgender is an overarching term covering a range of gender variant people including drag queens, crosstdressers and transsexuals. It's notable that transvestic fetishism is not within the definitions of transvestite, crossdresser or transgender.
    I did not know that. But im glad and comforted now that i do. Although publicly considered the same, Scientifically not so. That does make me feel some better.

The responses that this thread has gotten so far are fantastic, And i thank you all for your 2 cents. Indeed My/Your Block list is significant and will continue to grow. But I supose its just the nature of the beast. Im glad to hear that Im not alone in my dismay of others portrayal of crossdressing. I like the idea of lead by example.

all the facets

two cents coming up here:

You know girls, we are faced with a duality here, and it is not of our own making. One one hand, we have the obligation to respect the right given to these creepers by our beloved Bill of Rights that does in fact give these people entitlement to express themselves (and I sense that most all of us recognize this) AND we are faced with the undeniable situation that we are all being painted with the same brush. There is little doubt that these self-proclaimed "CDs" are doing no one (but maybe themselves) a service by posting such pics, and the rest of us are lumped in with these living-in-their-Mom's-basement loosers. These, my lovlies, are the facts of our lives at *this* point in the 21st Century.

For what it's worth, I choose to deal with it in this way:

I break with these people whatever ties I have control of...Flickr, Facebook, etc and more importantly, I live my life, and conduct myself in a manner becoming of the woman I endeavor to be, and in doing so, I hope to convey a message on behalf of the vast majority of us that we are good people, and that our community is not what these fringe (headline grabbing) folks make us out to be.

Love,

Krissy

Quote Originally Posted by krisinpink View Post
    in doing so, I hope to convey a message on behalf of the vast majority of us that we are good people, and that our community is not what these fringe (headline grabbing) folks make us out to be.

Love,

Krissy
    Is that kind of how most other republicans feel about Rush Limbaugh? That's how I feel anyway.
    #1) I had to look at any thread that started with OMFG. LOVE IT!
    #2) do you plan on coming towards chicago anytime soon?
    #3) yes, you're in the same category as "them" - the same way you're in the same category as 3 billion other males. you have a penis. (I say that somewhat confidently since you specified you're not interested in transformation ) you just choose not to show yours on the internet. it seems like a cpl of the posts helped you separate yourself a little bit from the terminology, but you're really stretching the crossdresser label I think. YOU are a cross dresser. "they" are guys "in their mom's basement" trying to get off on the internet. big difference. whether or not society at large perceives you as being in the same 'group' as them doesn't matter, you're not.
    #4) just think about how segmented this site is... we all identify at some level as a crossdresser, but even among our (totally awesome!) group, there's an incredible amount of variation.

would it do you girls any good to make a digital 'picture' and upload it that conveys your "i dont want to see your junk" message? like if it was your first five pictures if might dissuade some pervs and save you a little time ignoring them?

Also, i'm not really a republican. libertarian perhaps.
    Last edited by cdsara88; 03-12-2010 at 11:10 PM.

:)

cdsara88, I think I love you!

(I'm really a Libertarian too)

Thank-you for your sentiments, I think we're on the same page.

It is interesting to me as I spend time with T* groups here in Central Iowa. We'd love (and in some cases even demand) acceptance of us from society, however, within our very own social/support groups I've seen (and been subject to) the very same prejudice we claim to stand against!

Your posting is insightful!

Next time I head for the Windy City, I'd LOVE to chat with you!!

*hugs*

-Krissy