Thread: Intersting thing I noticed

Intersting thing I noticed

Been living on my own for awhile now and even though I had the freedom to dress I went through spurts where I either dressed a lot or not at all and went through a few purges. Now that I have been given the opportunity to move in with a good friend as a roommate I am going to have the opportunity to dress whenever I want to, I told her all about it and she totally accepts it and doesn't care as she has had several friends who have dressed on occasion or all the time.

Since then Ive been wanting to dress more and more as I'm counting down the days till I move in and this has made me much happier. Its weird how when I was living alone and had all this free time to dress I never wanted to, felt lonely and depressed all the time but now its not the same. I guess the idea of being able to be who I am and to have a supporting friend and person to share it with is what makes me happier now. All I can say is I'm going to take every opportunity I get to dress and express who I am and hopefully I will finally find peace and balance between the two sides of me and I trully will be happy for once.

thanks for listening
    "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter" Martin Luther King Jr.

"For me it doesnt matter what clothes I have on as they dont define who I am, how I trully feel inside does."

Banned Read only
    Yeah, that can happen. Depression really does take away the urge to dress. Congratulations.

Smile

depression has never taken away my need / want to dress,
    just hurts my pocket book as i go out and spend money...i do not have yet.

loni

not quite silver yet Emma Leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Veronica Nowakowski View Post
    Yeah, that can happen. Depression really does take away the urge to dress. Congratulations.
    Yeah, I am going through a bad time at work at the moment, and although I still underdress, which I do all the time, the urge to go any further seems to have gone, I just cant be bothered. So it seems you may be right!

Gold Member
    So you are going to be living with a GG woman?
    Don't be too mad when she swipes some of your things.

GG's get mad when we borrow THEIR things but when they borrow ours, it is OK. Just who's stasndard are we talking here, eh
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Saskatchewan, Middle of the Canadian Prairies
    I know that I like the idea of haveing someone to share dressing with and to see me dressed. It is lonely dressing alone and getting dressed up with no place to go.
    My Father is male, my Mother is female that makes me 50/50!

Quote Originally Posted by Greymancd View Post
    I know that I like the idea of haveing someone to share dressing with and to see me dressed. It is lonely dressing alone and getting dressed up with no place to go.
    Yes, Yes, Yes. I could'nt agree more. It has got to be more fun to have someone to dress up with. Someone that will not judge you for what your doing, look like, feel like or anything negitive. Just something to the point of; "Girl don't ware it like that", or "Here let me help you with that", or "let's go shopping." That has got to be more fun ! ! ! ! !
    [SIZE="3"]Life is a live performance not a dress rehearsal. So no take back.[/SIZE]

Yea, you spend your entire childhood dreaming about the day you can walk into that candystore and buy whatever you want...only to walk in as an adult and find out it feels nothing like you expected it would.

It is always about the journey, not the destination, eh?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by tiffiany
    Its weird how when I was living alone and had all this free time to dress I never wanted to, felt lonely and depressed all the time but now its not the same. I guess the idea of being able to be who I am and to have a supporting friend and person to share it with is what makes me happier now. All I can say is I'm going to take every opportunity I get to dress and express who I am and hopefully I will finally find peace and balance between the two sides of me and I trully will be happy for once.
    [SIZE="2"]I also dressed up much less when I was alone – why is that? I’m living with my sister now, but I keep my crossdressing a secret – again, personal choice, but the presence of someone to keep things secret from seems to help the whole endeavor. The “balance” you mention is important, even though there are definitely not two sides of you – you are one and the same, and as soon as this profound idea sinks in you’ll find out who you really ARE…[/SIZE]

I understand wanting to share it with someone, but really don't understand why you were depressed about it while living alone. It seems to me that even though you dressed at home-alone, you were still in the closet to all others. Otherwise, why would you not be going out and socializing? Now you'll have a roommate to share it with and you're happy. What about when she has company over? Will you still be free to dress or are you hoping it's just you and your roommate alone?

So you are going to be living with a GG woman?
    Don't be too mad when she swipes some of your things.
    Yes I will be and since shes about my same size I could easily see that happening.

I understand wanting to share it with someone, but really don't understand why you were depressed about it while living alone.
    The depression wasn't so much because of the dressing, it was more because of the stress of work/family and friends around me all wanting to do everything for them and not having time to dress for myself. The need to dress was always there just never could fully dress when I wasn't happy, was at least under dressed. Now that I have less of that in my life, I hope to be able to dress as much or as little as I want and be happy about it.

It seems to me that even though you dressed at home-alone, you were still in the closet to all others. Otherwise, why would you not be going out and socializing?
    Not all, the few friends I told either were accepting or not about it but never had the courage to go out with them. I have had a few chances to go out dressed and at first I'd chicken out and not go but got braver at it. The times I did go out it was exciting and thrilling but at the end of the night I was always longing for a friend to share it with.

Now you'll have a roommate to share it with and you're happy. What about when she has company over? Will you still be free to dress or are you hoping it's just you and your roommate alone?
    Never thought to ask her about that, I would hope her friends are as open minded as she is though some of her friends are also my friends but a lot of them don't know about this side of me. I'm not sure how often her friends come over but would like the opportunity to still dress when there around but don't know how they would react to it, going to need to ask here about that. At first most of my dressing will be probably just around her until I get comfortable with the idea of being fully dressed around other people.
    "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter" Martin Luther King Jr.

"For me it doesnt matter what clothes I have on as they dont define who I am, how I trully feel inside does."

It is always about the journey, not the destination, eh?
    I sure hope so or at least I'm learning to think that way now when it comes to this stuff.

The “balance” you mention is important, even though there are definitely not two sides of you – you are one and the same, and as soon as this profound idea sinks in you’ll find out who you really ARE…
    This is something that Ive been trying to do most of my life and It still hasn't sunken in but Ive learning more and more each day to just be myself. Sure I was born male but Ive never felt comfortable in my own skin, around most of my friends and family I've always been this shy hesitant type of person and it shows but when I let go and let this female side of me full reins I feel much happier and people see that.

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    Quote Originally Posted by Veronica Nowakowski View Post
    There is a wide spread miscocnception amoung non CDs that we "dress" to escape depression and the reality of our depression.

Personally, I also find the urge to dress deminished when depressed and that I want to dress most when happiest.

Interesting Indeed

When I lived with my ex-wife I couldn't think of anything but dressing. I was probably aroused by the fear/anxiety/desire to be caught (never happened), but it was intense.

When I lived on my own, I initially had hot and cold periods where dressing was concerned. My theory is that our Inner Woman wants to assert herself, and that involves interaction with someone else.

After a while of living on my own I began to interact with CD's in the local area, and The Urge became so much stronger. It's one thing to wear a garter belt, and another thing to be seen wearing it.

Heidi