Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My Daughter

Kimberly, the part of your story that is most important is that she met you at the car to greet and hug you. For me that was so many years ago, and a memory which still brings tears of joy.

kimberly you will have to tell your daughter soon i have a 11 yr old daughter she knows her mother thought it was best to tell her 2 yrs ago when she was 9 and showed her samantha got all dolled up skirt nylons heels bra blouse make-up my daughter and her mom are verry exsepting chrismas they buy me girl clothes make-up jewerly etc just remember she your daughter and your father it wont matter if your wearing a pair of pants or a skirt samantha
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

:)

That is darling, and utterly utterly hilarious!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Morgan View Post
    Kimberly, the part of your story that is most important is that she met you at the car to greet and hug you. For me that was so many years ago, and a memory which still brings tears of joy.

Mary, hands down you win my "favorite reply" award for this thread. I also have a 21 year old son and am well aware that the day will come when she is no longer interested in greeting me, or giving me hugs, and the very thought brings tears to my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by ski344 View Post
    kimberly you will have to tell your daughter soon . . .
    I agree that I should and will tell her, but not at the age of six. She has no concept of the way it would hurt HER social life if she is not discreet about it, and what kind of father would risk his daughters happiness? When she is old enough to understand the concepts for "discreet" and "consequences" then I will have a conversation with my little princess.

Having a child run up to you yelling daddy to greet you when you come home is the most precious moments a father can have, I sorely miss those moments, cherish those moments while you can, which I am sure you will.

:) Post-Op Hippie Chick CharleneT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri Jean View Post
    Kimberly, she has busted you so hard your teeth should be rattling. LOL Give her a hug as I know you would as the two of you have a wonderful bond.

Teri
    There is a road—no simple highway—between the dawn and the dark of night.
    And if you go no one may follow. That path is for your steps alone.

Yes, this is really me! shayleetv's Avatar
    In a bedroom community outside Salt Lake City, Utah.
    Don't think that you will someday loose those hugs and kisses from your daughter they are just fewer opportunities for them to share them. My oldest daughter is married and moved far enough away that I don't see her sometimes for weeks, but when I do see her she always is delighted to see me and always gives me a big hug just like she did when she was a little girl. I also get the same from my oldest son. Even though there was a big gap of time when it just wasn't cool for a time. He is now 41 and there are somethings that he has found that are the really important and his parents are at the top of his list just below his wife. Oh, by the way so are his in-laws. Life is sweet when you learn to love those around you. He doesn't know Shaylee but my daughters as well as my 2nd son know.
    "If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your troubles, you wouldn't sit for a month."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I get the full attack hugs from my granddaughters now and I wouldn't do anything to discouraged them. Their view of the world is sweet and full of love and meeting their grandpa's evil twin sister might change that. It would be a shame to have them look at the rest of the world through filters, wondering what is really behind the curtain or the smile.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Our kids can be mighty precious! Daddy!

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    I have a 6 year old daughter who suspects my cross dressing more than a little. She has never seen me, and I have not confirmed her suspicions, but she has point blank told me she thinks I wear girls clothes.

So the other day I got home from a trip and am digging my bags out of the truck when she comes running up to hug me. After hugs and kisses, she does a little twirl to show her cute little dress.
    "I decided to wear a dress today!" she tells me with a sparkle in her eyes.
    "You look beautiful my little one!" I told her and then winked at her "I decided NOT to wear a dress today!"
    "Daddy, you would look silly wearing a dress. You would look like a girl!" she said with a little giggle. Then as we approach the front door.
    "But you could wear one in the house" and as we open the front door she continues, "With the door closed", and then as we enter the house she adds one more condition, "with BOTH doors closed Daddy".
    I don't know why that struck my funny bone so much, but I laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes.

I hope you thanked her for her permission!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hugs, msniki48
    Blog
    http://nikishomeawayfromhome.spaces....x?sa=764853634

I'm at a loss for words except to say that I just love it!

She seems like a little girly-girl. How sweet!

And by the way, she's right. When you wear dresses, you do look like a girl.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    Mary, hands down you win my "favorite reply" award for this thread. I also have a 21 year old son and am well aware that the day will come when she is no longer interested in greeting me, or giving me hugs, and the very thought brings tears to my eyes.

I agree that I should and will tell her, but not at the age of six. She has no concept of the way it would hurt HER social life if she is not discreet about it, and what kind of father would risk his daughters happiness? When she is old enough to understand the concepts for "discreet" and "consequences" then I will have a conversation with my little princess.
    Kimberly, Great idea some times they can put 2&2 together and not realize how they did it or what they did. I bet that caught you didn't it. It was a really pleasant surprise. I could hear you gasp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Not so new of a girl Missy Tanya's Avatar
    And yes, your Daughter is precious. She's is right, when you wear a dress, you do look like a girl. A very pretty girl, or should I say a woman. Love hearing and seeing you trips. I so wish I could someday have the courage to fly pretty. But I don't even like flying drab. But some day over the rainbow, I might be lucky enough to have the seat next to you, and your welcoming smile.

Tanya

She may end up being your shopping partner in a few years
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

You daughter sounds adorable Kimme - and I'm sure she'll grow up just like my gorgeous daughter Melanie.

She now understands, totally accepts and thinks nothing of us going shopping, or eating out together - so the best may be yet to come.

hugs Suzy

Kim

I too, am staring at an empty nest soon. Those moments are truly to cherish.

Funny how smart, perceptive and wise six year olds are! What a wonderful moment.

Cassie

p.s. coming back to Boston soon?
    [SIZE="2"]Cassie[/SIZE]