Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Daughter

My Daughter

I have a 6 year old daughter who suspects my cross dressing more than a little. She has never seen me, and I have not confirmed her suspicions, but she has point blank told me she thinks I wear girls clothes.

So the other day I got home from a trip and am digging my bags out of the truck when she comes running up to hug me. After hugs and kisses, she does a little twirl to show her cute little dress.
    "I decided to wear a dress today!" she tells me with a sparkle in her eyes.
    "You look beautiful my little one!" I told her and then winked at her "I decided NOT to wear a dress today!"
    "Daddy, you would look silly wearing a dress. You would look like a girl!" she said with a little giggle. Then as we approach the front door.
    "But you could wear one in the house" and as we open the front door she continues, "With the door closed", and then as we enter the house she adds one more condition, "with BOTH doors closed Daddy".
    I don't know why that struck my funny bone so much, but I laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes.

careful master the force is strong with your young one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

That is pretty funny. She wants to see her daddy all girly but doesn't want to share that with anyone else, pretty sweet.
    Dana Fleming

Looks like your daughter may become one of your Supportive Others... good for you!

Both doors closed. Hmmm Front door and back door? or front door and closet door.

Out of the mouths of babes ....
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

You never know where support is going to come from.

Cute!

So cute! What a sweet girl ( and concerned).
    Bored? Try wearing a pretty dress. It's fun.

Beyond cute and quite intuitive on her part.

But doesn't it sound like a lot of SO's..."just keep it behind closed doors"??? I think it is beyond interesting she'd approach it from that angle.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Very Cute! but you better hold up still. She is just at that age to tell her friends that she plays dress up with her father and he wears a dress. You would be a goner.

This highlights the problems we face and the burden of silence that our loved ones must keep to protect us from ridicule.
    Michelle

Semi Sane innocent angel
    Some had to tell her or she saw you Kim. Eitherthat or your daughter is going to grow up to be some sort of super detective . But I wounder how the wife would feel about you dressing infront of your daughter . Kim a life size Barbie doll.
    Business is the the art of extracting money from another mans wallet with out resorting to violence

9 out of 10 Dr say I'm sane. The 10th one never made it to the hearing. Did you know that California has drop bears ?

First a groom then a bride. Never again.

You have a wonderful daughter.
    TG is who I am; CD is something I do.

My CD Blog Site

Kimberly, It sounds like you have a wonderful daughter. She's very smart for her age too.
    Speaking from my own experience. Heed your daughter's request if you are going to dress at home when she's there. My children went through hell in highschool because I was dressing full time. School mates can be very cruel.
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

From the mouth of babes. Cute.

What a lovely sweet comment from your daughter

She is right about one thing - you do look like a Girl
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Hey Kim, I understand!! I have two daughters (step) the oldest, 11, loves the nail polish thingy (see my pics) and has used me for some makeup practice a few times. I think she knows more than I give her credit for. The youngest hasn't given any clue that she knows or thinks anything yet.
    I love Jesus!
    Life is so much better now that I know who I am !

Ah, I remember a story you posted when she was younger and felt that anyone should wear a princess dress if they wanted to!

She is very sweet, but she is beginning to conform to the ubiquitous attitudes that are out there. She wants to support her dad but she is afraid of what people might think. I can't help but think, as she is her father's daughter, that she will grow strong in the belief that we all need to be who we are.

Reine

That is hilarious. What a cute story, makes you go
    I'm dating myself but it reminds me of the old Art Linkletter show when "kids would say the darndest things!"

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Kim,

It sounds like you have a wonderful little girl there. And if she is as cute as you are you will need to keep the shotgun near the door when she grows up.

My granddaughters 6, 7 & 8 have seen me and have photos of me in a nurse costume from a couple Halloween's ago. They are reserved about it and think that maybe I'm just a little more silly than average. It's hard to get a good read on how they feel about it. Regardless, I'm less concerned about sharing this with them than I am with their mother, my daughter. I'll have to let her know first before moving on to the next generation. I don't think it would be a good idea to leave her out of the loop.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Hrm.

It's a cute story, as most stories involving clean well-mannered children are; though I don't hear the support that others do. I hear her saying something along the lines of "Gee, I can look the other way on your whole strange issue, but don't embarrass me ok?" It's not exactly what I think of as "supportive" but from a 6 year old it is pretty bloody cool.

On the other hand, what I do think this is is a teachable moment. It is an opportunity to show her that cross-dressers aren't deviants, that cross-dressing is not a crime. An opportunity for you to show her that people who are different don't need to hide behind two closed doors, that people who are different are pretty cool, and exactly the sorts of people, like her father, she wants to hang out with.
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it." — Marilyn Monroe

That's really cute!

Maybe, if your wife doesn't mind, you should take her up on it. She might discover that she likes having 3 parents instead of just two.
    If I had any idea that therapy, hair removal, hair transplants, doctors and medications were so expensive I would have planned to be rich first.

That’s a lovely post. Has put me in a nice mood before going to bed[9.30pm here by the way]

SUZY

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    Ah, I remember a story you posted when she was younger and felt that anyone should wear a princess dress if they wanted to!

She is very sweet, but she is beginning to conform to the ubiquitous attitudes that are out there. She wants to support her dad but she is afraid of what people might think. I can't help but think, as she is her father's daughter, that she will grow strong in the belief that we all need to be who we are.

As Reine says, I do so hope so... but be careful about what she knows. We have a responsibility to our kids that is far far bigger than our need to CD. Their welfare is paramount... and their support is the icing on the cake!

Love Kaz xx

She may have seen or heard something. Sounds like for a second she forgot, then remembered and wanted you to know it's ok.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

As Art Linkletter used to say, "Kids say the darndest things" and he was right. Methinks your six year old knows more than you believe she does and she's letting you know as only kids can. She deserves a big hug and smile.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land