Thread: Breast forms as air bags?

loves shoe shopping

Breast forms as air bags?

Considering that we use breast forms to pad our bras, will our forms protect us if we're ever in a car crash, like is it like an air bag?

And can breast forms stop a bullet? I thought I read something where breast implants saved a woman's life, but can breast forms do the same thing?

100% spoiled brat christina marie's Avatar
    i can see this now. . . ballistic vests with multiple forms attached to protect vital organs. our police will all look like nursing dogs. . .
    "you can have this nail file when you pry it from my cold ,dead hands."

Quote Originally Posted by amy canada View Post
    Considering that we use breast forms to pad our bras, will our forms protect us if we're ever in a car crash, like is it like an air bag?

And can breast forms stop a bullet? I thought I read something where breast implants saved a woman's life, but can breast forms do the same thing?
    Uh....... NO! to the airbag thingy.

As for stopping bullets, considering that some can go through an engine block, a small amount of latex would be nooooo problem!
    You want to wear a WHAT??

Banned Read only
    If you hit right on the breast form, of course it would act like an air bag, in part. You'd still probably be better off with the air bag. Can it stop a bullet? You can always take a gun to a breast form, but my understanding would be "no." It may possibly make it less damaging, but in that vital part of the body does it really make that much of a difference? If it's going really slowly you might make a difference.

The Mythbusters tested something similar, whether fat or muscle could stop a bullet from hitting vital organs. Using pig fat and pig muscle, they simulated a bullet hitting a morbidly obese person and a body builder with gigantic biceps. Neither was saved.

As far as airbags go, forms would technically add a small amount of padding, and if the impact force was low enough, they could prevent a light injury, but if the force was that low, it wouldn't be life threatening anyway.

lol good ole mythbusters! That show sees conversation everyday
    removed

Using my breast forms as an airbag, I don't think they would afford much protection. As for stopping a bullet- good luck!

I don't drive a car anymore. Or wear breast forms like I used to. I still have a pair them laying around somewhere. I wonder if they would make a good bicycle seat cushion?!!!
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

I can see it now...
    Car crash and my forms protect me from serious injury but the paramedics find me dead...drowned in silicone...
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Don't know about breast forms but there was a lady that got shot and her breast implants saved her life!

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/...100326545.html