Thread: Grooves

Grooves

A lot of women, even some who are fairly slender, seem to have grooves permanently worn into their shoulders by their bra straps.

It has made me wonder:

1) Is it just something that happens just because you wear a bra all day, every day? And if so, how long does it take before you develop permanent grooves?

2) Is it something uniquely female based upon softer tissue in the shoulder area?

3) Is it because they wear their bra straps too tight?
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

hmmmmm never noticed that but you got me curious now im gonna look for it .i dont know why,but problably just wearing one every day would do it.
    just a florida girly girl...................................what in the world can make this brown eyed girl turn blue(roxette)

It's #3. Which is almost always a result of wearing the wrong size bra.
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it." — Marilyn Monroe

If they have grooves it is because the bra doesn't fit right. A slight depression might be normal, such as the pattern that socks leave on some people who retain water, but it should disappear over night. A more permanent bra strap mark is not good.

It could also be the combination of a woman's body weight and the weight of her breasts?
    Reine

I have noticed a strap mark on myself but it goes away after a little while I have to agree that it is probally due to tight fitting bras.
    Be yourself society doesn't know that there is no such thing as being normal.

If you can't find the silver lining make your own.

no groves on me..yet

but my face does have them as i must have glasses on me.

so i would say the groves are due to just wearing a "item" for a extended amount of time.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Constant wearing of glasses can reshape the nose a bit. I guess a bra could have similar effects. As I understand, the band should do most of the supporting. Permanent strap marks might indicate and improper fit. I also wonder if what you saw was truly a permanent mark.

Gen

FWIW I wrote this without reading any other glasses comment.

Silver Member
    As has been mentioned already, this is the result of wearing a poorly fitted bra. The main lift should come from the band, not the straps. It is VERY common for women to be wearing a poorly fitted bra. Bra shopping is no fun, and the tendency is often to grab the first one that looks OK and be done with it. In actuality, fitting the proper bra properly takes a bit of effort. It's always a good idea to try on EVERY bra you buy even if you think you are certain of your size. Bras vary quite a bit even from the same manufacturer.

This groove you mention, however, is NOT permanent,and will disappear after enough time. Overnight may not be enough time for some one who wears an ill fitting bra all day every day. There are soft shoulder strap pads available for women with pendulous and heavy breasts to ease the strain on their shoulders. This should not be necessary, however, with the proper bra. Often larger (and heavier) cup sizes need a MUCH wider band than usual to provide the proper support.

Stephie