Thread: Wrong bathroom!

Red face Wrong bathroom!

Funny story (too stupid to be made up)...so I had to go really badly tonight, and I'm at a mall I'm not at all familiar with (in drab), mainly concentrating on finding the bathroom, which it turns out was well off the beaten path. Finally I find the hallway with the bathrooms.

So, I go in the first one I see, mistaking the sign on the first door as belonging to the door adjacent to the first door...you can see where this was going. I go in...no urinals. OK I think, it's a small bathroom (three stalls and two sinks), so I sit down to go as usual (good thing too) when I hear two female voices (Oh $%#!, I think!). Carefully looking under the stall I see dainty high-heeled feet. Yep, you went in the wrong one, Danni, I thought. So I waited in the stall until I heard everyone leave, and then quickly left myself. One old guy saw me coming out of the ladies' room...probably wondered what was up, so I quickly left.

Funny thing is, this had nothing to do with crossdressing (at least consciously), just me being in too damn much of a hurry. Though, on a side note, my nail tech has had me using the ladies' room at her place for a while since I now come in female mode to get my nails and brows done.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    L[SIZE="3"]OL Went to a club last Saturday for my first time out. Just naturally used the ladies room when the time came. Simply thought nothing of it. As I came out of the stall 3 girls came in and when they saw my 5" strappy heels they all complimented me on them and made a big fuss over them. Didn't even seem like they noticed I was a CD. Great fun. LOL[/SIZE]

I don't know about you, but every time I look at the restroom signs I kind of laugh a bit inwardly. Of course, the women's bathroom is represented by a figure in a dress...and, here I am wearing jeans and sneakers...going home to my boyfriend...who is wearing a mini skirt and thigh highs. Interesting lives we lead.
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck

Banned Read only
    Of course, the women's bathroom is represented by a figure in a dress...and, here I am wearing jeans and sneakers...going home to my boyfriend...who is wearing a mini skirt and thigh highs. Interesting lives we lead.
    That is so true! That raises the question - should those not wearing a dress use the restroom with the figure in pants???

Quote Originally Posted by Danni Kay View Post
    Funny thing is, this had nothing to do with crossdressing (at least consciously), just me being in too damn much of a hurry.
    Had a similar thing happen to me once. Though in drab, I was in a femme mindset shopping for blouses or something. Suddenly, I had to go and almost went into the ladies' room. I stopped because I saw two women drying their hands and coming towards the door. Thought 'oops', wrong one!

Quote Originally Posted by Shananigans View Post
    I don't know about you, but every time I look at the restroom signs I kind of laugh a bit inwardly. Of course, the women's bathroom is represented by a figure in a dress...and, here I am wearing jeans and sneakers...going home to my boyfriend...who is wearing a mini skirt and thigh highs. Interesting lives we lead.
    Indeed, funny how life has its own curious ways to tell our stories!

Been there done that was so embarressed it took me a couple of days to tell the wife my only saving grace was it was at a rest stop a couple states away so hopefully I will never run into the people that saw me come out ever again lol.

Wink Dear Shananigans

I loved your post. Still smilin.

Quote Originally Posted by ReneeT View Post
    That is so true! That raises the question - should those not wearing a dress use the restroom with the figure in pants???
    They found a fix for that at my local bar. Both figures wear pants (same figure actually), and they added breasts to the female one. Was pretty original.
    "One day Jessy, I'm gonna show you the world..."

God stepped back, looked at Adam, and declared "I can do better than that!" and so He created women.
    The ITer stepped back, looked at the beta results, and declared "I can do better than that!" and so he created the final version.
    Sometimes in the final version, some of the beta crap still remains. I know, because I'm living proof.

A lady couldn't wait so she went into the men's room. Not so bad, but she found a gun in there. Figuring it was a toy, she pulled the trigger. BANG!! Luckily no one was hurt. But a local police officer is in deep dodo In Michigan you're not supposed to be carring a gun aand drinking. Just thought I'd pass that along.....BJ

loves shoe shopping
    Maybe instead of two bathrooms, they should make it four, and on the extra two put "Men who are dressed as women" on one, and "Women who are dressed as men" on the other. :-D

Wink

Thanks for all the replys! The incident seems funnier and funnier the further in the past it gets. I don't really have a problem using the women's restroom en femme, but going in it in male mode just seems utterly wrong (and illegal, I'm sure, in Virginia). I loved your post, Shananigans.

Life's complicated enough. All bathrooms should be coed.

Lallie
    Time for a change.

when I'm dressed enfemme I always use the ladies room but I have also walked into the ladies room by mistake when dressed primarilly as a guy and it can be embarrassing at times - Ellen

Quote Originally Posted by amy canada View Post
    Maybe instead of two bathrooms, they should make it four, and on the extra two put "Men who are dressed as women" on one, and "Women who are dressed as men" on the other. :-D
    I think they'd have to add too many details to the figures for that... Details you don't want kids to see

Quote Originally Posted by LALady View Post
    Life's complicated enough. All bathrooms should be coed.
    That would means queueing as a male too...
    But I see your point. There's too much fuss about keeping females and males seperated on god knows how many things... Why should anyone be ashamed on a bathroom when the other gender is around...?
    "One day Jessy, I'm gonna show you the world..."

God stepped back, looked at Adam, and declared "I can do better than that!" and so He created women.
    The ITer stepped back, looked at the beta results, and declared "I can do better than that!" and so he created the final version.
    Sometimes in the final version, some of the beta crap still remains. I know, because I'm living proof.

had the police called on me at a dennys once for going in the wrong b room,and i was in full fem.it was one of the times i actually got read.
    just a florida girly girl...................................what in the world can make this brown eyed girl turn blue(roxette)

Aspiring Member
    I had a brain cramp at work once. I was going to use the restroom and automatically turned left towards the womens area instead of to the right for the mens. A female coworker noticed and when I came back she commented that I must want to be a woman siince I was trying to use their restroom. I laughed it off - only if they really knew what I was planning (someday hopefully)

I got into the wrong restroom also while in drab. It was at a theatre. As I was walking towards the restroom a banner was blocking the WO part of WOMEN which left me with MEN. So, I just paraded in and didn't think anything about it until I saw the little garbage can in the stall. By then it did not matter I was there and had to use it, so I did. No one said anything. Just one big OOPS, I guess. After, I finished and exited I looked up and saw WOMEN.

At a sight seeing location in Ohio, I went into the womens room all the time. Someone who had seen me go in (I was in drab) finally mentioned that it was the ladies room. I honestly had no idea, both rooms were identicle and the ladies room sign was down. I assumed they were uni bathrooms since you lock the door after entering.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

I remember one time I was heading west on I-55 in Kansas,(Dressed as a man) having left a truck stop for food and gas, only 5 minutes on the west bound I-55 I felt the urge to seriously use a rest room. I got off the freeway in Emporia Kansas, Saw a Jack in the Box restaurant parked in any spot I could find. I walked quickly into the restaurant, not paying attention to the little blue plackards on the doors, went in and sat in the first room and in the first stall. After several minutes I was done, Washed up and on my way out. I opened the door just as another man was walking out of THE MENS ROOM and as two women were about to enter the ladies room. I was walking out of the LADIES ROOM. I left the restaurant without buying anything and got back on the freeway.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/76795368@N07/

International Men Can Wear A Dress Too Day, Tuesday, May 15 2012

Wink Restroom

OK, i have always wonder if i am out dressed which restroom to use? So far i have opted out for the wait and hold it. i did read once that someone had asked advice column Heliose (sorry spelling blanked) her reply was want ever You are dressed as that is what You should use. Now a couple of years ago, i was traveling across PA in middle of night(family medical emergency) stopped to use restroom. i guess i wasn't the only one having trouble staying awake, beautiful blondie gg comes walking in and does an about face when she saw all the urinals. Maybe one of these days i will have to really decide.

Gold Member
    Restrooms are always an issue, just wait til you are presenting mostly as femme but don't quite pass yet, then it becomes REALLY fun.

"I thought that was a woman coming out of the men's room" is a comment I heard once. Good thing he had not went in as I was standing at the urinal.

Now for the OP -
    What if one of the women had cut the cheese really loud?
    Don't know about you all, but I like to pretend women don't do that.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Several times when dressed somewhat androgynously -- no makeup, no bra/forms, hair in a low ponytail, polo shirt or sweatshirt of a light color -- I've been told "Ma'm, you're in the wrong restroom!" when in the men's room!

Needless to say, I'm very flattered when it happens!
    Last edited by Persephone; 05-20-2010 at 01:40 AM.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

I almost walked into the ladies room once, however this had nothing to do with crossdressing at all. I just wasn't paying attention to where I was going.

I was at a Brooks and Dunn concert in St Pete Fl. about 10 or so years ago, and at intermission, us guys weren't able to use our bathroom because all of the GG' s fighting to get into it! We were all good sports and let them go, but if the shoe was on the other foot...I wonder how that would pan out.

Do I recall that in Europe the majority of bathrooms are unisex? I remember while in Germany or France a woman using the bathroom at the same time as my father. He left the washroom laughing saying that a woman was in there with him.

Sure seems to make life a lot easier doesn't it?